The Game

D

D'win

A woman walked into the Tavern, seemingly unnoticed, and goes to the bar. There she orders a whole chicken and a glass of water. Upon getting her meal, she finds an open table and began to devour the chicken.

About half way through she pulled out a deck of cards from her side bag and laid out a game of solitaire, still eating. Looking around the room, she shrugs and continues with her chicken and cards.

E

eriwoj

An elf with faded pride and softening manor dressed in hunting attire with a short sword swinging at his belt enters via a side door of the tavern. His clothing is clean but faded from use; there are places where the fabric is thinning and others that are patched. His belt and boots are well worn but seem to be newly oiled, and the hilt of the sword looks as if it is the only thing that is of any value on his person. One might even expext that it is only a hilt judging from his tired and woren garb and face. He is average in feature, for an elf, with gentle blue-gray eyes and dark hair pulled back in a very loose braid. He bellies up to the bar ordering several shots of whiskey and vodka and follows them up with a round of thick lager. He tosses down a few coins for his beverages, and then sits silently on a stool staring down into his tankard as if trying to find something written in the brew.

D

D'win

She was just finishing her chicken and headed to another when she spotted the elf at the bar. "He looks like he could use a telling or a game." Ordering up her next chicken, she walks over to the him.

"You look lonely sittin' there by yourself, why don't you come over and join me. I got plenty a room."

Tilting her head toward the table she talks a step or two away, hoping that he would follow.

E

eriwoj

"Ah . . ." he mummbled but after thinking for a moment, stood up, and attempted to walk to the table. Unknown to others he was half in the bag when he came in and the five or six drinks he had were about ready to push him over the top. He could get one foot in front of the other but only with some degree of difficulty, swaying all the while.:D

D

D'win

Seeing the elf beginning to stumble, she reached out to support him.

"Easy, steady there, no need to rush. My gracoius, I gotta say that youre gone sir. My name's Rumdonna, if ya can remember that."

As Rumdonna helped him to the table, she wrapped her arm tightly around his waist and 'drag' him toward the table. "I dont think this guys up for a game, but maybe a readin'."

E

eriwoj

As Rumdonna drags, the elf manages to oggle her a bit and finally stammers, "I be Roho, son of the prince. I am all alone, ya know . . . they are all dead. Every last one of um. The dumn ducks."

After a pause she manages to seat him, and he starts in again, "You are beautiful, ya know? . . . Gorgeous! . . . You need a drink. Bring this beauty a drink! . . . By the way, what ya drink? . . . Hey . . . hey what ya playin' there? . . . Bring me a drink! . . . Ah, bring everyone a drink!"

The few patrons of the establishment let out a merry cheer at the offer of a free drink as Roho stands up supporting himself with hand on the table, nearly tipping it over, as he waves over the crowd with the other. His footing and grip suddenly fail. His laughs ring out as he pulls himself off the floor and back into a seated postion.

D

D'win

Roling her eyes as the elf oggled her, she finally dumps him in a chair.

"Hey steady there, no need to rush, we got all the time in the world."
After his call to the bar man for free drinks, Rumdonna pulls out another set of cards and starts to shuffle them.
"I am drinkin water and I am glad to met you Roho. I am goin to give you a readin, free of charge."

She begins to shuffle out four cards, watching Roho for signs and hoping he didnt pass out.

E

eriwoj

He cocks his head sideways and scrunchs up his face as he listens to Rumdonna. Then diliberatly folds his arms on the table and burries his face in them, mummbling, "Wake me when my drink gets here."

W

WaxSniffer

Sitting at the far end of the bar, the halfling could not help but smile at the show being put on by the woman he labeled as the chicken lady. A small wager had been placed on the amount of times the woman would drop the elf and Tallow was not on the winning side. With a sigh he paid his three silvers and decided to see if there was any way to capitalize on his losses so he headed for the chicken lady's table.

D

D'win

Rumdonna continued to lay out Roho's cards. As she laid them out, she saw another figure approching the table, shrugging and smiling she finished Roho's cards. The cards that were on the table were the Devil, Judgement, the Star, and Strength.

"These cards look promisin Roho." She leaned over the and gave him a gentle poke. "No more drinks for this one." Calling over a bar keep, she told them to cancel his strong drink and ordered him a highlander's tea with only a shot of spirits in it. "I will sober him up slowly." "Roho, this card here, the Star, this means you will gain some knowledge and this one here, Judgement, this means you will understand spiritual things. See everything is going to work out."

Seeing that other person, a halfing by the looks of it, was almost to the table. Ordering another water, she begins to reshuffle the playing cards with one hand.

Remove ads