• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Gods Hate Us

deadestdai

First Post
Zerth said:
Baril casts a quick glance at the fallen giant. "I see you already took care of him. The bigger they are, the harder they fall," the gypsy says with a wicked smile.

As he walks towards where Baril stands, Pabsit brings an arrow from his quiver and notches it to his bow, ready for any ambush.
Spot +15
I "think" someone told the oaf to stand down, but as you can see he seemed a little stuborrrn. The Grippli chuckles coldy.

Zerth said:
Then he faces Pabsit, who is walking towards him. "I saw just some fleeing guards up on the wall. Seems like there's noone inside."

Eyes narrowing slightly, Pabsit takes a quick scan of the walls. Be warrry Barrril, we may be expecting yet morrre dangerrrrous a welcoming parrrty. Why don't you scout ahead forrr us and tell us what we have in storrre? I will follow. Don't worrrrry, Senderrr will be watching yourrr back.

Zerth

First Post
Baril

Baril winks to Pabsit. "That's what I intend to do, Froggie. Follow me, then. Let's see, what kind of trap this really is. The big guy was just a distraction, so we wouldn't notice, what's really going on. Keep your eyes open."

Needless to say, Baril will use stealth. If he can locate the temple of Cuthbert, he will begin there. Scouting on the outside only.

Baril and Pabsit:
It only takes a short walk down the main street in the 'town' to notice that something is odd. All of the buildings are exactly the same. No markings. No windows. Doors, yes, but no signs to dictate what each is. Quietly, on the wind and sounding just as before, you hear almost an echo of a voice, "...watch your back when the traps are trapped..."

guedo79

Explorer
Lousin catchs up with Baril and Pabsit. Simple paranoia flows over his face, "What would live in a town like this?"

The bounty hunter turns slowly keeping in step with the frog as Baril scouts ahead. His eyes squint as he looks from sterile house to sterile house.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Floating on his carpet towards the town, instructing Igor to tell him if he sees the strange stone again, Rusland floats into the gate.*

"Well? What have we here?" he demands.

Zerth

First Post
Baril

Baril stops suddenly waving his hand to signal Pabsit to stop as well. He walks back to the others. "What the hell is going on here? All the buildings look the same. Ruslan, can you tell, if there's some spell in effect?"

Lefferts

First Post
Oskar catches up to the others, disappointed that he didn't find an inn or bar.

Noticing the others looking around he readies his axe and tries to find something to use it on.

Ruslan:
Assuming you concentrate for all three rounds...you detect a very large concentration of spells of many different strengths all around. Because of the number of active spells you can detect, it is impossible to tell the relative strengths.

Everyone:

Though the fact that every single building looks exactly the same and have no windows at all is enough to hint that something is wrong, once all of you step within the walls the gate closes. It is surprising how quickly it does this, as the gate had looked very rusted and rough(and Baril had noticed it was in bad shape when he'd opened it).

Beyond this, there is nothing but silence. Too much silence, in fact.

guedo79

Explorer
Lou moves over to one of the bland house rubbing his hand from door to door. Then he examines one of the doors intently.

Last edited:

Remove ads