The Gods Hate Us

Ruslan, Baril, and Lou:

Looking over the bodies and corpses, you don't see anything worth looking at. While its possible that some of the bodies once wore armour, there are only a few scraps here and there as evidence of it.

Igor plods over the bodies to the door on the other side, but doesn't actually reach out to touch it. He leans in just slightly to look down at the handle, but after a moment when nothing happens, he turns back to look back at the rest of you with a somewhat hollow look.

Toryn, Pabsit, and Oskar:

After about fifteen or so stairs, you reach a wall. Or at least, in front of you there's a wall. To your left, however, if a door. It looks to be a simple wooden door, though you can see a metal bolt that looks to wrap around the handle. Whether this means its locked or not, you can't tell just by looking at it.

However, on the other side, you can all hear a very faint scratching noise. You only hear it for a moment, though, as it abruptly stops only a second after you take notice of it.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Very well, the corridor is not trapped. Shall we go see if the door is? That's not my area of expertise I'm afraid," Ruslan says haughtily. He proceeds to float over the bodies to the door, handkerchief over his nose.

guedo79

Explorer
Lousin unsheathes his sword and he follows Ruslan on foot, "I don't know much about traps but most doors are easy enough to open."

deadestdai

First Post
Stood behind Oskar as he checks the door, Pabsit makes sure his spear is ready to stab whatever might poke it's head through.

------------------------------------

Toryn likewise follows the others upstairs with weapon drawn.

Ruslan, Baril, and Lou:

Reaching the door, you notice that the ground around it is actually clean compared to the rest of the corridor. Not only that, but there's a good five feet between the door and where the corpses and bloodstains begin. The door itself looks normal and boring, though it is disturbingly clean compared to everything else within the small hallway.

Toryn, Pabsit, and Oskar:

Searching the door carefully, Oskar finds it to be completely devoid of any signs of traps. Or at least, as far as he can tell.

You still can no longer hear the odd scratching noise beyond the closed door, but thankfully, nothing jumps out at you. Well, for the moment.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Oh my... three gold says this is a very nasty trap. Should I just disintigrate the door and be done with it?" Ruslan says with irritation in his voice.

guedo79

Explorer
"Something nasty is somewhere behind that door. We should be ready to get back up if needed," Lou moves himself to the left of the door by the wall in a readied stance, "I'm ready when you are, mage"

Remove ads