The Great Crusade (game is running, always looking for more players)

DrZombie

First Post
“Every generation the Eye of the God-Emperor shall rise in the east. All those of noble blood and might of arms shall gather their retainers and weapons and travel across the plain of bones and through the mountains of skulls, and seek out His Temple. Through tests of arms, might and wit those that survive will be tested and those that are worthy shall fight alongside Him for all eternity.Any that survive shall be honoured by the King. Any that are chosen to fight amongst the stars in service of the God-Emperor shall have their name honoured for all times, his estates and lineage protected by the crown for all eternity”

“Every generation the red star rises, and the iron men of the west travel across our land, killing, burning, and plundering. It is our duty to protect our homes from the strangers who would defile the land given to us by the Great Hunter himself at the beginning of time.”

The city of Ir-Kahl was even more noisy than usual. The bells of the great churches were ringing with vigour since dawn, as if to wake up the whole world. A fevered buzz was rippling throughout it streets, from the Emperor’s Way to the unnamed cesspools of the beggar’s shantytown.
The red Eye of the Emperor had been seen in the early morning hours. A new Contest would start. Thousands will depart, and very few will return.

High atop of the Keep, the noise lost none of its urgency. If anything, the mixture of cries, shouts and bellows was augmented by the scenes of activity down below, like an overturned anthill, or more accurately, an overturned dung-heap.
“You called for me, my lord?”
Without looking up from the scene below, he indicated his paladins to let his spymaster through.
“Report.”
Still looking out over the city, he heard the list of names, which of the seven noble families sent which heir, the number of retainers going with them, the loans made to the minor houses that made the desperate gamble of sending one of theirs on the Contest in the hopes of reversing their fortune.
It was the noblest of undertakings, a holy journey filled with danger, made out of religious zeal. An event for which every warrior of every nation prepared, in the hopes that the Contest would be called while in his fighting prime. A once-in a lifetime chance to prove that they were the best. The holiest of the holy, the most sacred undertaking of any man of noble blood.
The chance to finally get rid of his rivals.
The king watched, listened, and plotted.

IC
RG
Current Players :
Shayuri : playing an assassin named Aridha.
muggie2: playing a con-man from the plains named Slyth.
Corrossyph : playing a palladin named Gabriel

For starters : the system will be an adapted version of Dark Heresy, meaning all the rules stay the same, 'cept you will have a more limited choice in starting options and classes, since it'll be a low/no tech setting. Knowledge of the system is NOT required.

The two players that have created characters are playing a middle-eastern setting. That should not pin other players down in terms of setting, but you're wellcome to join in.

There are a few things that are standard. There is a monotheistic religion revolving around the god-emperor or whatever you call him. He's been betrayed by his most beloved son and remains mortally wounded but still guiding humanity from his throne in the sky. He had twenty sons, of which the eldest is the traitor. All the sons are fearsome mighty warriors.
Psykers-witches-shamans are feared and hated in general. I might make an exception, but you'll have to convince me.
Evil usually takes the form of demons, spawn of chaos.

Character creation will start with hammering out the basics of the world, and from then on we'll be on a journey together to see how it turns out.

Those that are familiar with the dark heresy setting will probably know where I'm getting at, those that don't will find out :).

Last edited:

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
I would love to try this out, although I'm not familiar with dark heresy. I like the premise here, and I can see all of the intrigue and back stabbing potential. So, sign me up.

DrZombie

First Post
I'll start when I have 3 players. But two is enough to set the first stages and start on char creation :)
Any idea which 'side' you guys want to play? Knights or savages?

Nali

First Post
I will be happily all over this like white on rice. I've been looking forward to the next time someone decided to post up a dark heresy game, as its honestly one of my favorite systems.

Given any preference, I'd prefer to go with the knights over the savages. I'll have to wait a day to pull up my Dark heresy books before I can start making it, but I already have a character concept in mind, that being a knight who has made a vow to slay a specific creature, spawn, or warrior, or what have you, that has done him some specific wrong. Until such time as he's successful, his vow requires him to hobble himself, literally tying an arm behind his back.

Anywho, thats all for now =)

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
Dr. Z can you explain more about the universe? I've been doing research, and all of the Dark Heresy stuff I can find is 40k. Is this correct? The mixture between science and magic and guns and all of that? Based on your description, it sounded more medieval or archaic, but either way, I'm still very interested.

I like the idea of the knights being the played side, although I would need to know more about the universe and the different groups' relationship to one another.

As far as characters go, looking over the different class types in Dark Heresy, I tend to play the more quiet soldier turned leader types, but I'm wide open to playing whatever. If we are all going to be knights or combatants of some flavor, then I would have to see what sub-genres or flavors there are. Any and all elaboration on the subject (beyond the Dark Heresy wiki) would be greatly appreciated Dr. Z.

Looking forward to getting into character!

DrZombie

First Post
Hi guys.

There are a great many planets that are 'lost' to the imperium, isolated due to warp storms, miscatalogued and forgotten in the archives. They slide into anarchy and savagery, either slowly (like an outpost that gets isolated) or rapidly (like a hiveplanet that gets cut-off from a food-supply. These are known as feral (very low-tech) or fuedal (medieval-style tech) worlds. Sometimes the planets are deliberately kept in this state for one reason or another.

The big plan is to play on a feral/fuedal world. That would mean adapting some classes as to weaponry and armor and stuff, and offcourse tech-priest is unavailable.

If you go for 'knights' you'd have fuedal world as starting world, if you go or savages it would be feral world.

The population on the planet might have legends about the ancient times, powerful beings from the stars (a bit like the conspiracy-nutters 'bout atlantis and the ancient egyptians and stuff), but in general they have no knowledge of the imperium of man.

I use the term 'knights', but you could also go for 'samurai', 'vikings', 'Franks', 'musketeers', 'kozaks', dinosaur-riders, whatever strikes your fancy.

Does that kinda explain what I mean?

Remove ads