• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Great Crusade (game is running, always looking for more players)

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
I picked up a copy of Dark Heresy, and it is very nice indeed.

I think that I will go with Feral background, Warrior (guardsman) class. Is there any way that I can simply remove the points from Ballistic Skill and put it into something else? I still haven't looked over everything, but I'm wondering how you want to houserule some of these things Doc.

My priority of skills would go like this:

1. Weapon Skill
2. Strength
3. Toughness
4. Agility
5. Willpower
6. Intelligence
7. Perception
8. Fellowship
9. Ballistic Skill (or not at all)

Are we going to roll with the integrated roller, or some kind of point buy system?

DrZombie

First Post
[MENTION=3565]Scott[/MENTION]: lol, what I meant was that I wasn't really looking for players that wanted to play the elderly advisor or the cook, but people who were able to use a sword (or a dagger, or a longbow). The confusion is caused by me using the same word for two different things.

[MENTION=28096]Ben[/MENTION] : you're forgetting something that the french forgot at the battle of Agincourt namely the longbow :). All bows and crossbows, thrown knives, bolas, javelins and all other things that allow you to hurt someone from a distance use the ballistics skill.

As for the houseruling bit : I'd juggle with the proficiencies a bit if the two of you weren't playing both warriors. The armor is divided between light and heavy armor, both needing proficiencies, but you'll get them at the start if you're warriors. I am gonna split up the melee weapens into different proficiencies, so you'll have to pay to be able to pick up any weapon you want.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I understand now. I would like to play. a whole lot of want to, but i am in need of some rl time concerning employment. So very sorry. i will be following the story though as a lurker!

DrZombie

First Post
Too bad. You can allways hop in when your RL issues have solved themselves. Better not to play then to drop out after a month and leave the rest in the lurch.

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
I understand about the BS applying to all ranged attacks, I suppose that I would want a handful of points so that I'm not completely incapable of chucking a rock or something.

So, if I understand this correctly, we get a couple of Advances and then use those advances to specialize in something within our class, correct? Are proficiencies considered something purchased with an advance? I haven't had enough time to really get a good look over the chargen rules, so I'll pore over that in more detail soon.

So, Doc, rolling or buying or.....? I have a pretty good grasp on my character's background and personality. So I can help iron out the world as much as you'd like.

DrZombie

First Post
I need ten times a 2d10, order the nine highest as you like. Your starting stats, skills and traits are unchanged for feral world.
Warrior i will type tomorrow, too tired now worked til 01 AM today

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
Okay, well I will roll right in here.

Here goes:

So after the rolls, I think I will drop the 2. Far less impressive than I was hoping, but I'll deal with it.

Arranging the remaining nine will go something like this:

Weapon Skill: 18
Strength: 15
Toughness: 12
Agility: 11
Willpower: 11
Intelligence: 9
Perception: 9
Fellowship: 7
Ballistic Skill: 6

Last edited:

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
Much much better! Obviously, I will drop the 6.

Okay, so here we go again:

WS: 17
Str: 16
Tough: 16
Agility: 16
Willpower: 13
Intelligence: 11
Perception: 10
Fellowship: 10
BS: 10

Remove ads