The Great Crusade (game is running, always looking for more players)

Corrossyph

First Post
Hah, just read all ten previous pages. Like the setting.

Was thinking of playing a paladin, raised in a monestary, never set foot out of it, far far away from the real world and brought up in a very linear fashion: there is only black and white, no grey. Obviously real world will shatter that beliefs. He has a very strong faith as there is only one faith, namely the god-emperor, after all he protects and gives.

I don't really know from the setting how this faith has spread around the planet, as it seems a bit forgotten, i think that maybe this is not the main religion on the planet, maybe lots of old gods, multi-deities, ...? Correct me if i'm wrong.

So when this char receives an order from his superiors, he blindly accepts and does as told, firmly believing he will do good in his ways. Like i said, strictly black - white.

DrZ, if this is not good, plz let me know.

total 120 after dropping the 8, sounds about on par with the other chars.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
the faith is the only faith on the planet, but it is slowly giving away to the side, nobility only giving lip-service to the church, and the church itself becoming less a place of faith and more a place of politics and power (think the time of the two popes (if you need a good plot just read up on history, or just take a look at belgian politics). Your order is one of the few that have remained pure in their faith.

You don't, perchance, think of naming your character Julius, do you ?

Use the fighter template . save 400 XP for special talents that I'll lookup today. If you have acces look ,up the true faith in this book.
Big post coming up tomorrow, today was just too busy at work.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Have looked it up. You can buy pure faith for 300 XP.
It's a talent:
- completely immune to daemonic presence and unaffected by it
- spend a fate point to ignore fear test before dice are rolled
- spend a fate point to ignore corruption or insanity gain for one encounter
-BURN a fate point to ignore effects of a daemonic psychic attack that affects them, as soon as the power manifests before dice to resist are rolled or before effects take place.

You can buy faith talents for 300xp once per level.

Corrossyph

First Post
[sblock=Gabriel]

Warrior Class

WS 39+5= 44
BS 33
S 33+5= 38
T 37
Ag 34
Int 31
Per 31
WP 31+3= 34
Fel 31+3= 34

wounds 13
fate 3

imperial worlder

blessed ignorance: -5 pen on Forbidden lore (int) tests
Hagiography: common lore (imperial creed) (int), common lore imperium (int) and common lore (war) as basic skill tests
Liturgical familiarity: Literacy (int) and speak language (high gothic) (int) as basic skills
superior origins: WP+3

Starting Skills: Speak Language (Low Gothic), Ride (Horse)
Starting Talents: Primitive weapon/Thrown, Primitive weapon/Bows, Primitive weapon/Bladed,

WS 100
Strength 100
Awareness 100 /S/-
dodge 100
Pure faith 300

20 years old, slender 1,75 m /65 kg, fair; blond, blue eyes, backwater

75 throne gelt

Divination: be a boon to your brothers and a bane to your enemies

[/sblock]

First draft of char. I'm guessing pure faith is going to be a usefull talen? Also for me it's not really clear if i have to buy the starting skills and talents as well since they are double listed.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Hey corro,

You have to choose which starting skills and talents you begin with, you can buy those that you didn't start with later in the game, that's why they are posted double.

You start with max wounds and faith

The pure faith talent is a start for different 'faith talent trees' namely warding, healing or smiting. I think you'll go for the smiting :); I'll try and remember to bring the book on friday.

Drop your age down to sixteen.

Last edited:

Remove ads