The Great Crusade (game is running, always looking for more players)

DrZombie

First Post
How would you feel 'bout your character not being there by accident but was being deliberately planted to have a few friendlies inside the empire when they were attacking?
Your character would know that when the red star would rise the elders of the tribes would send a messenger to him.

muggie2

First Post
How would you feel 'bout your character not being there by accident but was being deliberately planted to have a few friendlies inside the empire when they were attacking?
Your character would know that when the red star would rise the elders of the tribes would send a messenger to him.

Clever old buggers, maneuvering me like that. I should have guessed that the elders allowing me to leave with their blessing in return for my agreement to follow the instructions of a messenger who would be sent to me "if and when you are ever needed by the tribe" was actually a setup. Devious, underhanded, scheming sons of ... I'm impressed. Really impressed! I have even more respect for them now than when I was younger. "If the red star ever rises" indeed! They knew it would rise while I was here, and they had already gotten me to agree to do their bidding. Oh, I am truly impressed!
Of course I'll do as they ask. Not just because I gave my solemn word to them, but because they have just proven to be clever, foresighted, cunning, and thus thoroughly worthy of respect.
What would they have me do?

DrZombie

First Post
Someday, someone will come wearing the sign of your tribe. You'll help him or her to the best of your abilities, untill she/he discharges you of the responsability. They didn't say anything about you not being allowed to make money hand over fist while helping out, so they weren't that wise apparently :)

DrZombie

First Post
I don't worry overmuch about finances in this game (or any other, to be honest). Just don't overdo it. Slyth has a home somewhere in the city.

As of this moment, the red star hasn't appeared yet. Which is a bit awkward, but who cares. You are in a city that's 'bout 1500 miles from the capital. You expect that, the moment the star appears, a crusade will form and will head towards the east, possibly joining up with other armies. The star will herald a time of religious fanaticism and fervour. Knowing in advance that the crusade will soon be upon you is an advantage. Feel free to (ab)use it.

Shayuri, your character has spent the last couple of months as a healing woman on the road. You can add some relevant skills to reflect that on your charsheet. Consider it a thanksgiving bonus :).

I aim for this to be very much a sandbox game, feel free to add to the setting if it seems logical and not overpowered. At times there is a thin line between a sandbox game and wandering around clueless, so don't hesitate to give a shout if you feel overwhelmed.

Do try to have an idea of what gear you have with you. Have a look at 'the inquisitor's handbook' at the feral world sections for additional gear and weapons should you need them.

muggie2

First Post
I don't worry overmuch about finances in this game (or any other, to be honest). Just don't overdo it. Slyth has a home somewhere in the city.

My thinking is that Slyth is very much based in the city. If he has to leave, he's going to have to leave almost everything behind, so whatever he has won't be worth much in terms of convertible value. He has a lot of stuff - but it's not portable, and therefore not really usable.
He has weapons, some money, and some items he's doing up at the moment. He could take the jewelry, but until he's had time to do it up, along with a place to do it, the tools he needs, and the materials he'll need to use, it won't be worth any more than he paid for it.
It may be best for him to lock up and move out, taking portable items and leaving the rest there, hoping that things will be there when he gets back, given that hovel he lives in seems to be a worthless place and not worth breaking into. Of course, he may return to an empty hovel, but that's the risks one takes in this business.

Remove ads