• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Great Crusade (game is running, always looking for more players)

DrZombie

First Post
It was a bit unclear it seems.

You also need to buy skills and talents, otherwise your character only knows basic skills (and doesn't know how to hold a weapon)

I'd drop the second advancements and buy at least one weapon group (preferably two), awareness, and dodge. Investing in Sound Constitution is worth your wile, and you might wanna think about horseriding, heavy armor or survival.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...I see one concept that's come together nicely. There were some folks posting interest before who have gone somewhat silent...

I think it might be fun to try a thrown weapon expert. Lots of hidden knives and other nasty items. A focus on precision wounding.

Of course, that smacks of an assassin, which is amusing since that's what my -other- character is...albeit with a different focus. I suppose I could do a more "historical" assassin, fraught with secret societies and weird mysticism and so on, for a very different feel.

Hm.

Psyker might be fun too...but oh such caution required. Hard to tell if the obstructions would make for entertaining RP, or if they'd detract from the fun of the character.

Must think on this further.

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
Sorry DrZ for the delay in responses and lack of comprehension on the system, as I said, it is still new to me and haven't had time to read through it fully.

Unfortunately I'm sick with the flu, but once I'm healthy I will take the time to fully flesh out the character build.

And, Shayuri, I'd love to have another player to participate with, so I'm glad you came to the table.

Shayuri

First Post
Ben, I think your character is missing his Perception attribute. :)

That's a 94...sheesh. My dice karma is so horrible.

LOL...I only rolled 9 times and dropped the lowest. Supposed to roll TEN times. -10 to Intelligence!

Okay, magic ten only brings it to 96, so onward to the next...

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Trying again, since the reroll cutoff is 101, if I read right.

Okay, adding a Magic Ten, since I messed up on this one too. Current tally is 91 if I counted right.

So now it's 106! Okay, disregard my third die rolling post. It was a little better than this, but if I'd done this one right to begin with, it would have been the stop point. :)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Dagnabbit, this one is null and void, and it was a -really good- roll. 123!

Man, if only I hadn't caught my mistakes before! Oh well, someone else would have. And then I'd have been in twubble. :)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
WS 15 +20 = 35
BS 15 +20 = 35
Str 10 +25 = 35
Tgh 12 +25 = 37
Agi 15 +20 = 35
Int 9 +20 = 29
Per 14 +20 = 34
Wil 9 +15 = 24
Fel 7 +15 = 22

Ugh. I'm 13 stat points behind. 106 to 119.

This is why I hate random rolls for stats. :)

Bleh. I'll work on it more later. Rolling that many times just to suck is demoralizing.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Hey shayuri, take whichever stat roll you wanna. I don't really mind.

When you say assassin, do you mean a member of the assassin's guild in a major city or what? If so, what culturural background?

It would be very easy for me if you'd play a male character. Female is possible, and would add some twists, but nothing insurmountable. It might mean splicing the story for a bit in the very far future if everyone survives long enough :).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads