• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Great EN World News Poll

Which news sections do you read? (Select all that apply).

• New at WotC (official releases, WotC site updates, etc.)

Votes: 352 91.9%
  • Community News (fan sites and resources, interviews, etc.)

Votes: 305 79.6%
  • d20 System (recent releases)

Votes: 318 83.0%
  • Software News

Votes: 133 34.7%
  • Magazine's & Periodicals (Dragon, Dungeon, e-zines, etc.)

Votes: 210 54.8%
  • Books & Novels (specifically D&D related)

Votes: 89 23.2%
  • Other News (GenCon, random bits)

Votes: 266 69.5%
  • Reviews (recent reviews here and elsewhere)

Votes: 280 73.1%

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocOperon

First Post
I actually do a "quick-skim" of all the sections, and only read them if the linked tidbit has something to do with D20 fantasy, which is what I mainly play. As such, I usually skip over posts relevant to T20 or D20 Modern, for example.

I will give a shout out to the Books and Novels section, which I read regardless of what the subject is - perhaps I'm in a minority on this, but that's one of my interests. :)

I li9ke the recent trend of quoting a sentence or two from each review - it actually lends me to reading more of them.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I have not read the news page more than once or twice a year since the very early days of 3E.

While I was very excited to read the news when Eric Noah was posting the leaks and previews leading up the release in 2000, afterwards it never seemed that important.

I would read the news regularly again probably only if 4E were announced and we had a year build up to it.

I doubt that helps, but it is the honest truth. :heh:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
el-remmen said:
I have not read the news page more than once or twice a year since the very early days of 3E.

Then you're not the target of this poll. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
00Machado said:
I also liked the most recently updated message board threads section that used to be on the main page.

On that note, I think I've gotten all the relevant info I can usefully get from this thread. I'll close it down.

Anyone who wants to discuss things not related to my original poll question is free to do so in the existing discussion threads in Meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads