• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Great EN World News Poll

Which news sections do you read? (Select all that apply).

• New at WotC (official releases, WotC site updates, etc.)

Votes: 352 91.9%
  • Community News (fan sites and resources, interviews, etc.)

Votes: 305 79.6%
  • d20 System (recent releases)

Votes: 318 83.0%
  • Software News

Votes: 133 34.7%
  • Magazine's & Periodicals (Dragon, Dungeon, e-zines, etc.)

Votes: 210 54.8%
  • Books & Novels (specifically D&D related)

Votes: 89 23.2%
  • Other News (GenCon, random bits)

Votes: 266 69.5%
  • Reviews (recent reviews here and elsewhere)

Votes: 280 73.1%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nellisir

Hero
Draumr said:
I miss the recent reviews and active threads sections that used to be on the right hand side of the news page.
Soulforge said:
I also miss the recent threads section. Is that one definitely getting removed? I'd vote for that as my most missed feature of the front page.
Tkkn123 said:
Whatever happened to the section along the right-hand side that lists the recent messageboard posts?
Morrus said:
...but there's a thread in Meta about it if you want to know more about that situation.
The thread is here:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=171120&page=1&pp=40

It's called "Front Page Wonky".

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I glance at all the news just to see what's out there, and I've no real problem with its current format. If there's resistance to PDF releases being included, perhaps give them their own separate section (and put it at the end) so people can easily skip over it if they want.

Lanefan

Uder

First Post
I've pretty much stopped reading the site at all, now that the forum jump is gone. I check in every few days to see if it's back, and now I notice the review jump is gone (my "#2" destination at this site).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Uder said:
I've pretty much stopped reading the site at all, now that the forum jump is gone. I check in every few days to see if it's back, and now I notice the review jump is gone (my "#2" destination at this site).

The forum jump never went anywhere. I can see it at the bottom right of this page as I type this.

And now, please, folks, keep on subject. If you want to discuss other issues, there's a whole Meta forum for it.

Please don't use this thread as a soapbox for your individual opinions on the site - it's not helping anything, and I don't want to just give up on reading the comments because it's too much effort to wade through the side-subjects which people are bringing up.

2WS-Steve

First Post
I like seeing big news days, makes it feel like a real newspaper -- but fun instead of telling me how close we are to armageddon.

Even the sections I skim over (like fiction) occasionally have bits that interest me.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
I like reading almost everything. The only thing I really skimp on is the EN Publishing news as its always ridiculously long to read. I look forward to coming to the site every morning and seeing what's going on in the industry, so I would leave it as is personally.

kalthak

Explorer
I like the D20 system news, but I'm really more interested in the more traditional (larger) publishers, Greeen Ronin, Necromancer, etc. I'm definitely most interested in stuff I might actually see at my gaming table. I thought the 4th Ed. rumours were great even if they might not be true, as that would have a bigger impact in my game than many boutique publishers.

The only pdf I've ever bought was Elements of Magic, which I thought was great, but my gaming group didn't really go for. I think at least partly because it wasn't a print book, but oh well. I guess what I/m trying to say is that just because it's on the internet doesn't mean that everyone is necessarily looking for the latest tech trend, some of us just want our gaming info in a more timely/immediate format than magazines or 2nd hand from the FLGS employee of the week.

I know it is out of the scope of the poll, but I really liked the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, as these discusssions would be generally the only reason I would visit the forums. I also enjoyed the sidebar with the next quarter's worth of WOTC releases.

My 2 cents.

-k

NVM, who knew there was a forum to talk about stuff in the forums?

Last edited:

Dark Psion

First Post
As it is my homepage, I see it everytime I go online, but I usually just skim it for words that grab my attention.

The one improvement I would like to see is a "Released this Week:" summary for print and pdf books.

Uder

First Post
Morrus said:
The forum jump never went anywhere. I can see it at the bottom right of this page as I type this.

And now, please, folks, keep on subject. If you want to discuss other issues, there's a whole Meta forum for it.

Please don't use this thread as a soapbox for your individual opinions on the site - it's not helping anything, and I don't want to just give up on reading the comments because it's too much effort to wade through the side-subjects which people are bringing up.
Okay, forum preview, whatever. The thing on the front page that brought me here to look at your ads and articles. Not a soapbox or anything, just relating my surfing preferences to you. To phrase it the way you suggest in your original post "I would read *all* the sections if the forum preview and review sections were still there." Since they're not, I generally glance at a couple of the sections a couple of times during the workweek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads