The Great Iridium Con

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
*Before their eyes, Gun Monkey transforms into an ordinary-looking human. Sierra doesn't even blink or present any indication that she is involved in this.*
Gun Monkey rolls his eyes, "Ahh, so you're why they're letting me go on more public missions now?"

"At least It might stop everyone from gawking and poking me. Or at least the UN staff, who seems to enjoy that too much. I can roughly disguise myself enough if need be though."

"So, Mr. Scarlet, any specific sectors of high technology there we should be aware of? Any topics we should stay away from?"

OOC: Gun Monkey's KN: Tech roll (1d20+6=10)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Sierra nods.*

"A lot of Iridium and Osmium are mined there, which are used extensively in building robots, so we should be ready to deal with robots," Sierra says pensively, "Fascinating creatures, these robots. They remind me of a guy I knew...anyway, too bad that Cedric fellow is gone. He seemed to have control over electricity."

(OOC: Sierra's rolls

Bront--it's subtle, so how did he know who did it :p)

hero4hire

Explorer
"The Convention starts this afternoon. The Deep-Scan Display is set for tomorrow. I will leave the logistics to you. I am not aware of any...topics...That you should stay away from."

Salix

First Post
Alright, I guess we should get going then. Did you say we fly in fifteen minutes? Hey Chip, what about the big ugly guy on Farscape? You think I could go as him?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...so if there's someone who wants to make sure that a holographic echo-location emitter is not triggered for the demo due to having something to hide, then clearly what we need to do is trigger a holographic echo-location emitter as soon as we get there. I can probably have something ready by the time we reach the western coast."

Salix

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Hmm...so if there's someone who wants to make sure that a holographic echo-location emitter is not triggered for the demo due to having something to hide, then clearly what we need to do is trigger a holographic echo-location emitter as soon as we get there. I can probably have something ready by the time we reach the western coast."
A furrow creases across Titan's brow, "Maybe it was the four beers I had, but what the heck are you talking about. What's up with triggering the device."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The device has already been created, so killing the scientist who made it and can run it can't stop that. If they wanted to steal the secrets, they would have taken her, not killed her. Therefore, it seems most likely that they don't want the demo to run. This must be because they happen to know it is going to reveal something they don't want people to know. Thus, if we can expose and reveal said information to the public, we may have already won. Which is good--I tend to get bored if things get too tedious."

Salix

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"The device has already been created, so killing the scientist who made it and can run it can't stop that. If they wanted to steal the secrets, they would have taken her, not killed her. Therefore, it seems most likely that they don't want the demo to run. This must be because they happen to know it is going to reveal something they don't want people to know. Thus, if we can expose and reveal said information to the public, we may have already won. Which is good--I tend to get bored if things get too tedious."
"I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense to me. Why not just destroy the machine instead of killing the doctor and attacking the Valiants? I'm not sayin you shouldn't figure out how to work the device, but I'm not sure if running it is going to solve all of our problems. Let's see what our contact thinks as far as likely suspects. I think we're going to need to do some legwork here.", Titan replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, the actual physical device itself may have been sabotaged during one of the attacks. That's why I'm going to work on a personal project that does exactly the same thing. Shouldn't take any longer than the time to book a flight over there and then take the flight, particularly with the delays I've been seeing. I don't know how people handle waiting so long for the stupid airplanes!"

Bront

The man with the probe
"What are you going to use in creating this? I would think a low level EM pulse might be effective in the imaging technology," Gun Monkey says.

OOC: He'll assist any creation rolls if you're using invent. He doesn't have it, but he has KN: Tech, and Craft: Mechanical and Electronics

Remove ads