• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

ealt

Explorer
Calithil Manor - Library

Leira brings both her fists down on the prone skeleton in a devastating slam. The skeleton's rib cage is completely pulverized by the assault. As the fire that engulfed the skeleton slowly burns out the rasping voice comes from between bleached teeth. "Ha...ha...ha... Buuurrrnnn..." As the voice fades out, the skeleton snaps its bony fingers before its arm falls lifelessly back to the floor. The flames engulfing the room suddenly rush towards the pile of bones, leaving half-burned books and furniture in their wake. An overpowering glow suffuses the bones and the air hums with energy. The voice comes again, not as a rasp, but as a shout that shakes the room. "I SAID BURN!" The hum of energy suddenly stops, leaving the library in an eerie silence. The silence is broken as the energy rushes forth in a powerful blastwave that sears the melee combatants and knocks the rest of the party away violently. "HA...Ha...ha...aaa" The library is left silent, save for the burned pages of books scattered by the blast settling back onto the charred floor. The only trace of the skeletal combatant is a charred crater in the center of the room.

[sblock=Combat]
Combat over

Melee Range Explosion (Leira and Rak'Tan):[roll0]

Everyone else is knocked down for flavor, but no real effects otherwise.

I'm glad to see everyone back again after the server crash! Let's keep on trucking!
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2qm1yle.jpg

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon
Round 0

Zinnelis was thrown back by the explosion of the burning skeleton. He pulled himself up, wiping a hand grimy with soot across his forehead, looking over his allies. “Is everyone alright?” he asked. He surveyed the room, looking to determine if any more fires still smoldered among the ruins. They should put those out before they moved on.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action: [roll0]

Anyone notice Coyote Code seems to have gone poof?

Move:
Free:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Zinnelis Laerdiril Mini Stats]Zinnelis Laerdiril
AC: 16/13/13 CMD: 17
HP: 18/19
Arrows Available: 53; Cold Iron 60 (0/0 arrows retrieved)

Spells Prepared
None

Game Notes:
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Black Mage
[section]

Theia cringes as she falls back, watching Leira and Rak'tan suffer the penultimate blast emitted from the burning creature. She gathers herself up, and walks over to help others up too. Showing a rare hint of compassion, she softly speaks, "Are you guys okay? Leira, I suppose that was quite the well-placed strike, good job." She peers around the room, taking note that Aelspeth and Zinnelis seem alright too.

The charred remains of all the books slightly makes her sad. "What a waste of knowledge..." quitely utters the mage as she peers around the rooms for anything interesting. As she searches she whispers, "Exploro."

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]
Perception: [roll0]
Detect Magic (3 rounds)
K. Arcana: [roll1]
Spellcraft: [roll2]

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

HP: 30/30 Nonlethal: ?
Conditions: None

Initiative: +12
Perception: +8

AC: 12 Flat: 10 Touch: 12
Fort: 5 Reflex: 4 Will: 3

Right hand: Light Crossbow
Left hand:

Dagger: Melee +1, 1d4-2, 19/x2, P
Crossbow: Ranged +5 1d8, 19/x2, P, 80 ft.
Ammo: 10/10 bolts remaining

Cantrips: unlimited/day
Dancing Lights "Scintillat"
Detect Magic "Exploro"
Guidance "Rectio"
Spark "Ignis"

Level 1: 5/day
Adhesive Spittle "Salivarius"
Charm Person "Paellicio"
Enlarge Person "Amplifico"
Obscuring Mist "Obscuro"
Summon Monster I "Invoco"

Level 2: 4/day
Blindness/Deafness "Exoculo"
Glitterdust "Eluceo"
Summon Monster II "Invoco"
Web "Tela"

Hexes:
Evil Eye
Fortune (Used on: Leira)
Misfortune
Slumber

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:
Family Ring

Game Info:
All undead information

[/sblock][/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
So the internet here at the station keeps getting worse. I'm just going to go ahead and say don't look for a post from me until the weekend when I'm back in real civilization. I apologize for the delay. Glad to be going back to where technology actually functions and is like a thing.
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I'm finally back in civilization. Having reliable internet again is going to take some getting used to. In any case, expect regular updates to resume tomorrow!
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Calithil Manor - Library

Theia's spell-enhanced eyesight draws her attention to a mildly scorched scroll case leaning against the large desk in the center of the library. As she investigates the scroll case further, Zinnelis thoroughly searches the library. Most of the books are far too burned to be read, but those that survived the fire seem to be of a mundane sort. Geography, history, economics; the sort of things common to a lord's library. About to conclude his search, Zinnelis spots an unusual-looking tucked away inside the large desk as well as a folded letter.

[sblock=Scroll Case]
Should Theia decide to open the charred scroll case, she will find within a Scroll of Burning Hands, a Scroll of Reduce Person, and a Scroll of Glitterdust. All miraculously saved from the ravages of the flames.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tome and Letter]
The tome is an inky black color, and the leather that binds it has an unusual texture that Zinnelis can't quite place. The letter alongside it is unfinished, but seems to have been written by the manor librarian to a colleague. The majority of the letter is pleasantries and idle discourse; however, one passage does catch his eye.

"Yes, the shipments of new books have been arriving in a timely fashion. However do you manage to procure such obscure volumes so rapidly? The treatises on corpse preservation and spirit channeling cannot be something you just have lying around. In any case, I am sure my lord will want more books of the same sort, he seems utterly absorbed in the occult since the mistress' passing. I am rather concerned that..."

The letter abruptly stops and there are aged-brown flecks of blood on the bottom of the page.
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]

Theia is able to salvage three documents from a hidden case. She talks to the group, but more directly at Aelspeth. "I found these scrolls. One for shrinking someone, blinding someone, and for summoning fire from one's hands. I suppose we can all divvy these up later?"

Her eyes are drawn to the large black tome procured by Zinnelis. "Elf... what have you there?"

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Figure out the scrolls at the end of the adventure?

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

Left hand:

Detect Magic "Exploro"
Guidance "Rectio"
Spark "Ignis"

Charm Person "Paellicio"
Obscuring Mist "Obscuro"

Glitterdust "Eluceo"
Web "Tela"

Hexes:
Evil Eye
Misfortune
Slumber

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:
Family Ring
3 Scrolls (Glitterdust, Reduce Person, Burning Hands)

Game Info:
All undead information

[/sblock][/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2qm1yle.jpg

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon
Round 0

As Zinnelis poked around the desk, he found a thick book and a letter. The book was bound in inky black leather. He couldn’t place exactly what kind of leather it was. The elven ranger turned his attention to the letter first. It contained mostly various mundanities, but there was an interesting passage about some shipments of books about odd subjects that might pertain to the weird sort of undead they had been encountering in the manor. It ended abruptly and was flecked with old blood.

“The lord of the manor seems to have been interested in various occult research,” Zinn remarked to the others. He would hand the letter over to anyone that wished to read it while he turned his attention to the book, opening it to see what he could make of the text.

“I am not sure just yet what this is, Ms. Merryweather,” Zinnelis said.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Action:
Move:
Free:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Zinnelis Laerdiril Mini Stats]Zinnelis Laerdiril
AC: 16/13/13 CMD: 17
HP: 18/19
Arrows Available: 53; Cold Iron 60 (0/0 arrows retrieved)

Spells Prepared
None

Game Notes:
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]

Theia calmly walks over to Zinnelis and peers over his shoulder as he begins to study the book.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

Left hand:

Detect Magic "Exploro"
Guidance "Rectio"
Spark "Ignis"

Charm Person "Paellicio"
Obscuring Mist "Obscuro"

Glitterdust "Eluceo"
Web "Tela"

Hexes:
Evil Eye
Misfortune
Slumber

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
Transactions:
Family Ring
3 Scrolls (Glitterdust, Reduce Person, Burning Hands)

Game Info:
All undead information

[/sblock][/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Calithil Manor - Library

Zinnelis skis through the black book, a curious Theia glancing over his shoulder. The book seems to be a bound set of treatises on long-term corpse preservation written by numerous authors. Each treatise seems to take a different approach to the same problem of decay. The book goes into excruciating detail on materials and rituals. This is clearly not something either easily obtained or common to an ordinary lord's library.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads