• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Heretic of Wyre - Part II

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Mulissu darted over to Iua and, touching her neck, determined that her daughter was still alive. She was still livid. She opened another Gate, and a second Solar stepped through.

"What is you command?" It asked.

"I have none. Do as you wish." She cradled Iua’s head in her lap.

The Solar smiled, and opened yet another Gate. A cascade of white light began.

This was my favorite bit.

I wish I hadn't read this at work. I want to break out all my books and see if I can guess what Ortwin's new character sheet looks like.

Enkhidu

Explorer
As cool as the Solar having free reign to Gate in the heavenly host was, I'd say the aftermath was my favorite part...

Mostin burst in, ready to fling sonics. He looked around, and fainted.

Can it get any better?

Jeremy

Explorer
BiggusGeekus said:

This was my favorite bit.

I wish I hadn't read this at work. I want to break out all my books and see if I can guess what Ortwin's new character sheet looks like.

Good idea. :) Check out the rogue's gallery post for my stab at it. :)

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Cheiromancer said:

I think, though, if I ever play let my players ambush a group of demons, I'll have them all teleport away, and stage a counter-ambush when the party's buff spells have expired. The succubus can spy on them with clairvoyance or something.

Good in theory, but real players are harder to fool than that. Scrying is easily detected and dispelled at that power level.

The big problem in this scenario is that the Bait was killed on round 3. That doesn't give you much of a chance to counter-ambush before your prey scurries to safety.

It was a nicely executed ambush, actually. But combat with multiple Gates just isn't going to be predictable. Mulissu was the Ace in the hole. She was Mind Blanked, BTW, so scrying would not have revealed her presence.

Last edited:

Remove ads