The hero of Mergovie

DarkMaster

First Post
Ferrix said:
ummm... okay, but he probably would have nearly gotten himself killed when someone tried to enslave him, so it's probably something he doesn't speak of. also as long as he doesn't have a brand or some permanent mark that shows he is a slave, if he would have he'd have cut off the skin where there was one and there is now a scar there. he probably escaped slavery by killing someone, so he might be wanted by certain people.
No need for signs you are a black man, you killed your master in Mornomas (I keep on using this city because it's the closest major city). A rich Trader from the house of Rimmard. His older son is probably running after you. having learned the language, you decided to hide in a village far from the city, where they think that your color was due to some kind of punishement from the god. Most people are scared of you, so you can live in relative peace while you earn enough money to pay for your trip back to your land. Once you get the money you need to find a way to enter a major city without being detected.

The job is up to you, what do you think?

Ferrix

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
No need for signs you are a black man, you killed your master in Mornomas (I keep on using this city because it's the closest major city). A rich Trader from the house of Rimmard. His older son is probably running after you. having learned the language, you decided to hide in a village far from the city, where they think that your color was due to some kind of punishement from the god. Most people are scared of you, so you can live in relative peace while you earn enough money to pay for your trip back to your land. Once you get the money you need to find a way to enter a major city without being detected.

The job is up to you, what do you think?

Seems pretty good, he'd probably be a decent performer with perform (dance) and tumble. Also perhaps a messenger traveling town to town (thus it'd keep him always moving which he'd like) since his base move is as fast as a light horse.

DarkMaster

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Telic Freeman
Male Human Freedom Paladin(Liberator)2
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 129 lbs
Hair: Dirty Blond
Eyes: Blue

Str: 15 (+2) [8 points]
Dex: 14 (+2) [4 points]
Con: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Int: 10 (+2) [2 points]
Wis: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Cha: 14 (+2) [6 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Speed 30 ft, 1 extra feat, 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level, Aura of Good, Detect Evil, Smite Evil 1/day, Divine Grace, Lay on Hands

Hit Dice: 10+1d10(half)+4(con)
HP: 19
AC: 15 (+1 Dex, +4 armor)
Init: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +7 [+3 base, +2 Con, +2 Cha]
Reflex +4 [+0 base, +2 Dex, +2 Cha]
Will +2 [+0 base, +0 Wis, +2 Cha]

BAB: +2
Melee Atk: +6 (+2 base, +2 Str, +1 masterwork mercurial greatsword, +1 weapon focus), Damage: 2D6+3, Critical x4.
Ranged Atk: +4 (+2 base, +2 Dex)

Skills:
Bluff: +7 (5 ranks, +2 Cha)
Handle Animal: +7 (5 ranks, +2 Cha)
Perform (Stringed Instrument): +4 (4 cc ranks, +2 cha)
Concentration: +3 (1 rank, +2 Con)

Feats:
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Mercurial Greatsword, Weapon Focus: Mercurial Greatsword

Languages: Mergovian

Equipment:

Masterwork Chain Shirt [200 dr]
Masterwork Mercurial Greatsword [500 dr]
Lute [5 dr]
Belt pouch [1 dr]
5 Sunrods [10 dr]
Holy Symbol (Silver) [25 dr]
1 Tanglefoot Bag [50 dr]
2 Thunderstones [60 dr]
49 gp

Appearance: Telic is shorter than average, fairly thin, with sandy blond hair a blue eyes. He carries a large greatsword slung over his back in a travel stained sheath and generally wears a dusty cloak which might once have been white but is now tan from mud, dust, and wear. The cloak has a few colorful patches in it where it wore out and was mended.

Personality: Telic is a very likeable person, good natured and kindly. He is quite rash, and prone to leap into battle without considering the odds if someone's personal freedom is at stake. His time on the road has left him with a large collection of stories which he brings out at the slightest provocation. Underneath his laughing exterior however, Telic is fanatically devoted to the cause of liberation, willing to fling himself headlong into any situation to rescue people. His chaotic nature has occasionally gotten him into trouble with the Gaurd, but rarely on any serious offence.

Background: Telic's parents were never known to him, as his mother, too poor to support him, left him on the doorstep of a temple of olidamarra. Raised in the company of such people, Telic developed an intense devotion to the cause of freedom. Being raised in a temple (however undevout it might seem at times) left him with profound religious convictions, and so rather than becoming a more "traditional" disciple of Olidamarra (read: rogue), he decided to devote his life to the ideals of freedom through a more holy path, and took up a sword as a liberator.

When he was 17, after having been on the road "fighting the good fight" for about 2 years, he fell in with a group called "Daedalus," a wandering circus which served as cover for a group of anti-slavery fighters composed mainly of rogues. He worked with Daedalus for 7 years, ostesibly as a hostler and bodygaurd for the circus, in reality providing the muscle for some of their operations.

Some trouble with the gaurd involving a death led the organization to temporarily break up, going a little lower profile for the time to avoid notice. Telic has taken up the life of a wandering singer since then as cover for his activities.

Note to DM: Telic can be placed anywhere the campaign will start, because he is a wanderer at heart. He may know (or be known by) either of the militia officers, as he has both worked with the militia to free captives and been arrested for various offences in his work.
Was reviewing the character and found the following problem : Your will save should be +3 instead of +2, you forgot to add the wisdom bonus and the bonus and point buy besides the skill should be corrected

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
Ferrix said:
Bonus to Armor Class (as monk, including Wis) (don't know if it stacks with monks wisdom to AC, up to you, in the character it's currently not stacked)
I would say that your level stack to compute the base bonus, but you don't get twice WIS bonus to AC. Sorry for the late answer

DarkMaster

First Post
Wysiwyg, judging from your post count I will assume that you are faily new to the EnWorld board. While your character would be perfectly valid for my campaing I will have to reject him since I am not taking anymore players.
If you can it would be nice if you could edit your post and delete it.

Usually when you want to get into a pbp game you go to the talking the talk threads and answer one of the DM call for player. Then the DM will decide wether or not you are part of the campaing (Usually first come, first serve). Then you post your character in the rogue gallery.

Hope that helps.

DarkMaster

First Post
wysiwyg said:
Sorry about this. I did try and send you a message, but I don't have enough access rights or somethingymajic to do so.
I'd love to delete this posts, but I don't know how: only reply or edit options are available on these posts.

If you know how to do so, please let me know and I'll delete these entries.

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvienience.
You can edit and remove all text.

I think that the direct email was disabled. If you want to reach me or any other DM offering a Pbp game. You have to post in their OCC thread in the talking the talk. If you go in these threads you will notice that I have one titled The Hero of Mergovie OCC. Usually the rogue thread doesn't have the same name as the talking the talk thread. If you want to follow the pbp game you would go in the playing the game: The village of prumen thread.

So I recommand you to first find a group in the talking the talk threads and from there the DM will indicate which rogue thread and playing the game thread to use for it's pbp game.

Remove ads