The Heroes of Fannen-Dar

Pyrex

First Post
M.A.I.A. 1812, 17/38hp

[sblock=Rules Conundrum]That was a great critical hit, but...these kobolds have a power that lets them shift when an enemy moves adjacent, meaning the shift and your halberd hits the ground. However, I am not sure if the rules for charging would count it as a move and then attack of if it's all one swift action that doesn't allow the kobolds time to get away. For now, your attack misses because they get away, but if everyone agrees that this ruling is not how it works, then I'll gladly change it.[/sblock]

OOC: Can you post the text of the ability these kobolds have? (or just provide the relevant link to the Compendium if they're standard?) I can't effectively argue whether or not M.A.I.A. if I don't know how their move works.

OOC2: Alternatively, not only do I have a couple squares of move left on the charge (so I might be able to follow him) but I'm also still wielding a reach weapon, so if he only shifts 1 he's still within reach.

Last edited:

Camelot

Adventurer
[sblock=Reach Weapon]Arg! I keep forgetting about that reach weapon!!!! Well, that solves the problem. It now has 16 less hit points.[/sblock]

Bihlbo

Explorer
Boldo takes a quick, half-hearted shot at one of the slingers and says, "I wish I could push those terrors off that wall! I guess I'll just run and hide instead." Off he goes, around the corner, hidden from everyone's sight.

[sblock=OOC]Boldo shoots his crossbow with a Sly Flourish at S1, getting 13 to hit AC, doing 9 damage if it hits. He then moves to D2, using Stealth with a result of 25.[/sblock]

Camelot

Adventurer
Boldo misses his target, and then tries to move silently down the hall, but since he moved so fast he wasn't as stealthy as he would have been if he had moved more slowly. Still, none of the kobolds seem to notice him sneaking off.[sblock=Stealth]Remember, moving more than two squares inflicts a -5 penalty to your Stealth check.[/sblock][sblock=Initiative]Thomas, Morgran, Maia, Kobold Slingers, Mei Ying, Rolling Boulder, ? Kobold with short swords, ? Kobolds with shields, Boldo.[/sblock]

Pyrex

First Post
M.A.I.A. 1812, 17/38hp

OOC: Huh. Not only does the recent nerfing to Battlerager Vigor make me substantially less durable; now that I (effectively) only get TempHP once per round it's also going to make it nearly impossible to take advantage of the Damage bonus that only works when I have TempHP. :erm:

OOC2: Now on to my questions: Do I have an AOO coming against K or does he have some ability that lets him shift multiple squares?

OOC3: If I read your post correctly, D2 (the one I smacked for 16) has me marked, and I've got him marked, right?

Camelot

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, Battleragers have been toned down a bit, but if you don't take damage after getting temp HP, which is quite possible given your high defense, or you only take a little bit of damage so you still have temp HP left, then you still have a good chance of getting the bonus to damage. Besides, it's only +2...though I guess that does build up a bit.

Kobolds--all of them--have a power that lets them shift as a minor action. At-will. Beware!

And finally, yes, you are in a lock-down fight with D2, as you both have each other marked.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgran: HP:30, THP:4

Morgran treis to repeat his last action, but the stream of hellish flame misses.

[sblock=OOC]
Is K stii ll there?

Minor: Curse next kobold
Standard:Hellish Rebuke (hit, dam, curse) (1d20+4=8, 1d6+4=10, 1d6=3) vs reflex

Who is already cursed?

Cursed enemies: K

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Morgran Deepwell
Perception: 12 Insight: 17 Low-light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 14 Reflex 13 Will 13
Hit Points: 30/30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 4
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 10/10
At-Will Powers: Eldritch Strike, Hellish Rebuke
Encounter Powers: Diabolic Grasp
Daily Powers: Armor of Agathys
[/sblock][/sblock]

Camelot

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]To answer Walking Dad's question, no, K has total cover from you, but D1 and 2 only have regular cover, as do S1 and 2, due to their hight advantage.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Thomas stuck by the glue raises his blade and whispers a spell against the metal. Slapping the weapon against the wall, creates a thunderous vibration that targets the kobold with the spear, and also creates enough force to jolt the bard forward, but not enough to escape the glue. "We're are coming, no fear, they are just kobolds!"

[sblock=Actions]Use storm walk against K. Hits fort 11 and does 11 damage. I shift to J7(forced movement overrules immob, but I still have the effect. Roll Lookup
Save: Fails: Roll Lookup
Minor action to MAIA for Majestic word HS +4 hp and slid to F10
Immediate goes to MAIA.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]HP 21/28; Bloodied 14; Healing Surge 7; Surges Per Day 10
AC 17; Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 15
Saves
Speed 5
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
:bmelee:Longsword (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+5 vs AC; 1d8+2 damage.
:melee:War Song Strike (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Weapon
+7 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage, and an ally that hits the target before the end of my next turn gains 3 temporary hit points.
:ranged:Misdirected Mark (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Implement
Range 10; +4 vs Reflex; 1d8+4 damage and the target is marked by an ally within 5 squares of me until the end of my next turn.
:close:Shout of Triumph (standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Enemies in close blast 3; +4 vs Fort; 1d6+4 thunder damage and I push the target 3 squares. Effect: Allies in the area of the blast can be slid 3 squares.
:ranged:Storm Walk (Standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Range 10; +4 vs Fort; 1d8+4 Thunder damage. Before or after the attack, I can shift one square.
:ranged:Eyebite (Standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Range 10; +4 vs Will; 1d6+4 damage and I am invisible to the target until the start of my next turn.
:close:Majestic Word (minor; twice per encounter) ✦ Arcane, Healing
Myself or ally in close burst 5; The target spends a healing surge, gains an additional 4 hp and can be slid one square.
Words of Friendship (minor; encounter) ✦ Arcane
I gain a +5 on the next diplomacy check before the end of my next turn.
:melee:Slayer's Song (standard; daily) ✦ Arcane, Weapon
+7 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, and the target grants CA to you and your allies(save ends). Miss: Half damage. Effect: Whenever you hit an enemy, that enemy grants CA to you and your allies until the end of your next turn. [/sblock]

Camelot

Adventurer
You can not shift, because you are immobilized, even if the shift comes from a power. You can be slid by a power, such as your own majestic word, but you can't shift.

On top of that, you can't target K, because it has total cover from D1 and D2. From your position, you can't aim a spell at it.

This also applies to Maia. From your positition, there is only one possible line of effect from you to Maia, and it is blocked by D1, so you can't heal him with majestic word.

But don't worry, you can rethink your actions! (Sorry, I don't want to burst your bubble or be a bad DM or anything, but I do want to follow the rules!)

Remove ads