The Heroes of Fannen-Dar

Camelot

Adventurer
The kobold braces itself for Thomas's attack just in time, and isn't affected. Thomas tries to break free from the glue, but he is stuck fast.

Morgran moves a bit to get a better shot, then curses the first slinger. He tries to fire flames at it, but the arc of hellish fire bends just before the kobold.[sblock=Initiative]Maia, Kobold Slingers, Mei Ying, Rolling Boulder, Kobold K, Kobolds D, Boldo, Thomas, Morgran.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Map.xls
    59 KB · Views: 111

Pyrex

First Post
On top of that, you can't target K, because it has total cover from D1 and D2. From your position, you can't aim a spell at it.

Having opponents in the way provides Cover, not Superior Cover:

The Compendium said:
Creatures and Cover: When you make a ranged attack against an enemy and other enemies are in the way, your target has cover. Your allies never grant cover to your enemies, and neither allies nor enemies give cover against melee, close, or area attacks.

Which means Thomas should have a -2 Atk penalty against K, but should still be able to hit him.

Camelot said:
This also applies to Maia. From your positition, there is only one possible line of effect from you to Maia, and it is blocked by D1, so you can't heal him with majestic word.

Majestic Word is a Close Burst, creatures don't provide cover against Area affects:

The Compendium said:
Determining Cover for Close and Area Attacks

Like Ranged Attacks: You determine cover for these attacks in the same way as for ranged attacks, with two exceptions:

Origin, Not Attacker: Treat the origin square of the effect as the attacker’s square.

Creatures Aren’t Cover: Creatures don’t provide cover against close and area attacks.

Camelot

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]You're right about the burst, sorry, but for the attack, I'm not really sure, so I'll let you have it! Except...you rolled an 11, so with the -2 penalty, that's a 9 and it doesn't hit anyway. Problem solved.

But Maia is healed and slid to F10! That puts you at 30 hp, correct (17 + 9 from healing surge + 4 from Thomas = 30)? This means you don't have to use Warforged Resolve just yet![/sblock]Maia understands that it is tactical to get rid of distractions during combat, so he attack D2 with his halberd. He strikes it right on its head, opening up a bloody wound.[sblock=Bloodied]D2 is bloodied, as is K and S1 (just in case you were wondering how your progress is).[/sblock]The slingers continue to bombard Mei Ying and Thomas with bullets. One laughs as Mei feels the sting of its sling, while the other curses in Draconic at Thomas cleverly evades its attack.[sblock=Damage]Mei Ying takes 6 damage, putting her at 20 hp.[/sblock][sblock=Initiative]Mei Ying, Rolling Boulder, Kobold K, Kobolds D, Boldo, Thomas, Morgran, Maia, Kobold Slingers.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Map.xls
    59 KB · Views: 95

Bihlbo

Explorer
OOC: Camelot, you forgot to move the boulder.
Edit: I see now, I thought the kobolds had moved for this round already.

Last edited:

Camelot

Adventurer
Okay, sorry for the long hiatus. A family reunion jumped me from behind!

I believe the boulder hasn't had it's turn since it last moved? It moves after Mei Ying, who is yet to go.

The temp hp will be saved for the next to kill or bloody.

Remove ads