• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hive is (realy) Dead! Long Live the Hive Mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackrat said:
Ouh. I just tried using citadel modelling flock for the first time ever. Somebody should have warned me not to breath near it. Stupid me, went and tried to get the excess off the base by blowing to it :uhoh: . Unfortunatily I didn't realize to close the jar first :confused: :heh: . So I just spent the last ten minutes infront the bathroom mirror trying to pick the tiny green flakes off of my right eye :\ . On the bright side; the miniature looks great :D :cool: .

Awesome and as for the flock-

small ziplock tupperware box that acts as storage AND application box. I place glue on the figure then just gently place figure into the flock and cover. Remove in five minutes. Shake and put somewhere safe for 24 hours. shake again (over the storage box) and gently blow.

and viola! sudden awesomeness.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
megamania said:
Awesome and as for the flock-

small ziplock tupperware box that acts as storage AND application box. I place glue on the figure then just gently place figure into the flock and cover. Remove in five minutes. Shake and put somewhere safe for 24 hours. shake again (over the storage box) and gently blow.

and viola! sudden awesomeness.
Yeah. Now that the mini is ready it looks awesome. It's been almost two years since I last painted minis (I let my GF do the painting for me normally but I just wanted to try and see if I still can do anything). I used an orc mini from Hero Quest (I'm amazed if any of you don't know what I'm talking about) to test my skills. I painted them when I was something like 10 with my bro's car-model paints. Except for the chaos-warriors, all the minis still have the same paint-job on them. So now that I found them during the move, lying around in the back of my junk-closet, I decided to give them a new touch and use them in my D&D game. I took a pic of two of the orcs standing next to eachother. The other has the original paint-job from over ten years ago and the other is the one I tried the flock with too. When I manage to locate the wire that goes between the camera and computer I'll post those in the art gallery.

I was thinkin'..... I know... a dangerous thing to do in my case.....

Recently Fru became Rev.

If I were to change my user name what should it be?

Something about the hobby?

Something about me?

Something about my old story hours?

Something else?

Mr. Beef

First Post
Reveille said:
Everyone having a good Saturday?

In a word, no.

We have gotten something bewteen 3 & 4 automated phone calls announcing this one person's campaign for a government position over the past week, and the latest one came about an hour after the last one. The last one was when I was trying to make dinner and I almost burned my food trying to answer the phone.

If there was some way short of threats of legal action to get these to stop I would be more than glad to hear them. I have the person's mailing address for their headquarters and am considering sending a nice and long Cease and Desist letter from a lawyer friend of mine because I'm tired of having to answer automated calls when family members could be calling with something important.

I'm thinking about paying for Caller ID out of my own pocket, but when you are on disability money is kind of tight. Right now we have just unplugged the phone and am enjying the peace and quiet.

Last edited:

normal scheldule- I do 28 hours in a 38 hour time period.

Endentured Servitude has not left..... maybe in about 12 years once I get to be over 50.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I had an all right Saturday. I went to work in the morning, then volunteered at a con the rest of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads