• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Working together after Devinihm spots the final mechanism, the group makes it to the bones of the dead adventurers. There they find:

*460gp
*A set of bracers, covered with protective runes (Bracers of Defense(Level 7) Raijin)

Carefully, the group collects the gold and the bracers, then makes their way back to the first hallway.

GM: @Voda Vosa , if you are back, you can jump in.

There are two areas left.

The simple way is just a short hallway with a skeleton impaled on spikes at the end. There are some ancient, rusted away spears jutting from the wall and scorch marks here and there and there are probably more traps that weren't set off.

The other way is a large room with pillars over a spiked pit, tripwires, a section that seems to be only reached by climbing, and finally, a pedestal with dozens of relics on it and a mass of skeletons still locked in the positions where they died, apparently all killing each other.

[sblock=Traps]The group now has a chance to do some looting.

You may eventually try all of the areas below, but pick one at at time to work on.

You can aid another. Anyone who makes a roll in the challenge (normal or aid-another) will be at risk if the total failure trap is set off.

On total failure, the trap is failed and must be retried.

Simple
Required Rolls: 1 Perception, 1 Arcana, 2 Thievery checks: DC 20
Success: 4 successes before 3 failures.
Failure: Each failure sets off a trap that only affects the individual rolling(and any players aiding that person): +8 vs Reflex, 1d10+5 damage.
Total Failure: If 3 failures, everyone participating is caught in a trap: +8 vs Reflex, 3d10+4 damage, 1/2 damage on a miss.
Reward: 1d3 Level 4 loot parcels.

Moderate Complete
Reward: 460gp, Bracers of Defense(Level 7) Raijin

Complex
Required Rolls: 1 Perception, 2 Athletics, 1 Acrobatics, 2 Arcana, 2 Thievery checks: DC 20
Success: 8 successes before 3 failures.
Failure: Each failure sets off a trap that only affects the individual rolling(and any players aiding that person): +10 vs Will, 2d6+4 damage.
Total Failure: If 3 failures, everyone participating is caught in a trap: +10 vs Will, 5d6+5 psychic damage, 1/2 damage on a miss.
Reward: 2d6 Level 4 loot parcels.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

"I am troubled by the men who seem to fight one another," the wilden admits, pointing to the most hazardous-looking section of the temple. "If we wish to collect more, I would prefer to begin with this way." he points to the spiked and scorched section.

OOC: Since we managed to get through the other unscathed, I'm game to try the simple section if anyone else is. Even with the boons, I'm not sure we've got the numbers for the complex area. Or, at least, the odds make me a little nervous.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Earth tries to discover something hidden at plain sight.

GM: From here on out if anyone doesn't indicate whether they are making an aid another check or a primary check, I'll assume they are making a primary check.

[MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION], were you meaning to aid or make a primary check?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I was making a primary check, but I am waiting for Illarion and Mab to roll the aid another checks. Wait, are we running Mab?

I'm running Mab, but she already rolled Thievery with Illarion aid. You can get Arcana boost next round. Sorry. :(

Remove ads