The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"That is of no consequence, the demons are dead and the rifts closed. This unnatural menace has been completely obliterated. The Balance is served." replies Earth, with stony zeal. He was barely holding his march after such a tremendous effort, he was not going to answer to the demands of a human.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Of course we remembered. I even took it's hands with claws as proof for the guard."

OOC: I'm at work so no time to search the thread, but Illarion got full bag of trophies from silver one

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Devinihm half-falls to sit on the deck of the ship, exhausted. He nods in the direction of Illarion as the sorcerer produces the gruesome trophy of their time on the island.

"We can prove to the authorities back in the city, too, that this was no cult. Or not the cult they believed it to be," the wilden says.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin nods at Devinihm's words. Small satisfaction after seeing those horrors in satisfying the city watch. However as Earth has spoken, much honor was gained at restoring the natural order. He sits and begins to meditate on the way home.

pacdidj

First Post
"Yes, well, we can't have nasty beejums, bogans, and bazzlebaums marauding about now can we," says Auntie Mab, leaning against the ship's rigging, totally exhausted from the long jungle trek. "It would've been nice to recover more of that treasure, though."

"But... maybe we'll get some kind of commendation or civic achievement award back in Daunton that comes with a cash prize!," she speculates, eyes brightening considerably. "Yes, yes, I can just see it now. Mayor Brunt giving us all medals. The founding families shaking our hands. Our names cataloged alongside those of The Five in the great library. Poor little Yenros recovered from his illness. Luran himself putting in an appearance to personally thank-," Mab's reverie is cut off abruptly by Tristram, who nips the old woman's finger to get her attention, and shakes his head, giving his mistress a withering look.

"Oh Tristram, you're such a pessimist. But, you're probably right. Still, wouldn't it be wonderful?," she says, staring wistfully out to sea.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Captain Elai roars and grabs the head, knuckles going white as she clutches it, shaking.

First Mate Biggs walks towards her carefully and places a calming hand on the small of her back.

"It's alright, Elai," he says softly.

After several minutes, she finally slumps, handing the head slowly back to Illarion.

"Biggs, make for Daunton," she says, her voice empty as if the fire of rage that had been keeping her going had suddenly burnt out.

"Aye aye," Biggs says. Within minutes, the Adventurer is under sail. Two days later, the ship is back in Daunton.

The group doesn't see Elai the whole time and Biggs spends most of his time directing the crew or taking care of the Captain. As the ship meets the docks, a haggard-looking Elai finally comes out of her cabin.

"You have my gratitude for dispatching that devil that killed Dartanian. I hold to my word - keep anything you got from the island. Go on your way with my thanks. Elera mara'tai val aer." [sblock=Elven]"The winds be at your backs."[/sblock]

GM: The group has returned. If you have any more business left to resolve, now is the time, otherwise, our adventure has come to an end...

Edit: just did a quick check and this is the 4rd longest (post-count-wise) adventure in L4W History after Turtledome, Ring of the Fey Lords, and Into the Wild.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thanks for the adventure, looking forward to your next one :)

So, we're now like 8th level and need a bard to sing about famous demon slayer, aye? Luckily, Illarion and Mab can get the rumors going...

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Devinihm bows his respect to the captain, a sign of both his sympathy at her grief and thanks for her honor.

"I began to think I would not see Daunton again," Devinihm admits with a relieved sigh as the group prepares to depart the ship and re-enter the city. "I did not think I would miss it as I do my mangroves, but this is not true. I missed it very much, all the more for having fought for its safety. My people would not be proud of the fighting, but I feel I am..."

OOC: No other business I can think of. Thanks for the crazy initiation into l4w and 4th edition. :)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin looks reflective most of the voyage, and when they reach Daunton he says few words. I came to this city looking for famous heroes. It seems that they were in plain sight the whole time. He smiles a bit before leaving the group.

OOC: Woot, rewards!

Remove ads