The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

pacdidj

First Post
Auntie Mab begins tracing the sigil Illarion indicated backwards with her finger, having only a vague idea what she's doing. "Lets see circle around like this, then down, then in toward the center, and, um, maybe this way," she speculates coming to a three-way fork in the glyph. An ethereal wailing starts to resonate as she takes the leftmost fork, but just then a voice of warning rings out in her mind:

No Mabbeth! Take the middle branch outward. Strike through the rune!

"Oh, silly me. Yes, strike through the rune. I knew that." As she completes her tracery, the sigil fades and the immanent psychic onslaught dissipates.

Arcana (1d20+8+4+1+1=20)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: I'll post for anyone who hasn't posted by tomorrow: [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION].

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Earth looks for the path to the final platform and finds vine-covered route that leads straight there... or so it would seem on first glance. Instead, he triggers a massive trap.

A banshee wail pierces the air and, before they know what's happening, everyone is attacking each other and when they finally recover, the platform the group is on collapses, sending everyone spilling into the spiked pit.

After several minutes of struggle, the group has straggled back to the tunnel at the start of the room, looking back into the traps.

[sblock=Traptacular]Earth's Perception roll: 1d20+11+2=17, fail.

Trap: 12 Will vs Earth, miss, 19 Will vs Devinihm, hit, 14 Will vs Illarion, miss, 14 Will vs Mab, miss, 23 Will vs Raijin, hit. 25 damage to Devinihm and Raijin(reduced to 21 for Devinihm), 12 damage to Earth, Illarion, Mab.

Presumably Devinihm and Raijin are still up. If not, someone needs to go rescue them.

You guys can try again, but it's reset and you'll have to start from the beginning again.[/sblock]

[sblock=Traps]The group now has a chance to do some looting.

You can aid another. Anyone who makes a roll in the challenge (normal or aid-another) will be at risk if the total failure trap is set off.

On total failure, the trap is failed and must be retried.

Simple Complete
Reward: Summoned Hide Armor +2(level 6) Devinihm, Amulet of Life +1(level 5) Illarion

Moderate Complete
Reward: 460gp, Bracers of Defense(Level 7) Raijin

Complex
Required Rolls: 1 Perception, 2 Athletics, 1 Acrobatics, 2 Arcana, 2 Thievery checks: DC 20
Success: 8 successes before 3 failures.
Failure: Each failure sets off a trap that only affects the individual rolling(and any players aiding that person): +10 vs Will, 2d6+4 damage.
Total Failure: If 3 failures, everyone participating is caught in a trap: +10 vs Will, 5d6+5 psychic damage, 1/2 damage on a miss.
Reward: 2d6 Level 4 loot parcels.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Well, that could have gone better." Illarions speaks up after cobwebs in his mind clear. "Should we just reset all the traps we can and head home? While I'm all for clearing this place and exploring all it offers, it seems dangerous prospect after that big battle."

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Devinihm slowly reconstitutes himself from his scattered insect form. Clearly hurting, he's at least alive.

"I do not think I could survive another like that," Devinihm says. "The wall is closed. I think it is time for us to return before we can no longer survive to do so."

OOC: Devinihm's at 18 HP with no surges left. I vote we get the heck out and take an extended rest at the first opportunity. :)

pacdidj

First Post
Auntie Mab picks herself up and dusts herself off, tapping into her last reserves of energy to ignore the bruises she sustained from the fall.

"Well, dearies," she declares with a sigh, "we've slain the demons and recovered some treasure. Not bad for a day's work when you think about it. Even if it's not quite enough to cover my neffy's treatments," she adds with a final, wistful look down the heavily-trapped hallway.

"Let's call it a day and head back to town, shall we?"

Perched on her shoulder, Tristram concurs wholeheartedly with an emphatic *Squeak!,* and a warning glare at any party member who might think to suggest otherwise.

[sblock=statblock]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions:
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18, Init: +6
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17
Speed: 6
HP: 38/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 0/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +6 vs AC, 1d4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +11 vs AC, 1d4+5 dmg, Range 5/10
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands
Eyebite, Shadow Strike, Fleeting Spirit Strike
Twilight Menace
Prison of Salzacas, Cloak of Resistance, Gambler's Suit

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 20, Will: 17
Skills: +17 Thievery, +21 Stealth

OOC: Mab's got no surges left either. Time to head home I say.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The group leaves the temple... or tomb... or prison, or whatever this place is - perhaps all three.

Outside, once clear of the surrounding traps, the group collapses with exhaustion, the indomitable Earth standing watch. Their rest is short-lived, however, for dozens of warriors from the dragonborn tribes arrive near sunset, led by the same elder the group met at the village.

"Bleak Ones have come, but are gone again. This place must be forbidden again. You, far warriors, leave now and tell no other far ones of this place. The Tribes will keep this place safe so none more come steal the relics and free the Bleak Ones. Go now, go!"

With that, the group are half-led, half force-marched back to the Adventurer.

The first mate Biggs shouts out when the group becomes visible at the first light of dawn. Even Earth staggers a bit after nearly two days of trekking through the jungle, battling dozens of demons and sealing the rifts to their prison-plane, finishing off the demonic killers, and then hazarding rooms of deadly traps.

Captain Elai emerges from her cabin, long hair unbraided, fire in her eyes as she watches the group stagger across the sands, hundreds of dragonborn watching from the cliffs.

"What happened, did you bring the head of the thing that killed my Dart?" she says, squinting in the poor dawn light. "Forget our split of any cursed wealth that might come from this place, just give me its head!"

Master Biggs' mouth drops open and he looks like he's about to challenge her, but one look at the murderous fire in her eyes and he bites his tongue.

OOC: I don't remember anyone taking the Silver Demon's head (the Voidwalker had no head to take). If someone did and can link me to where someone did OR anyone can make a DC20 Wisdom check, we'll say you guys remembered).

Remove ads