The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

OOC: still not sure if Earth will make his Athletics check, but might as well be hopeful...

Devinihm takes a place next to Earth, lending his eyes to the earth golem's search for the more obvious hazards while the arcane folks tackle the magics.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Devinihm and Raijin brace Earth while he attempts to climb to the next section closer to the final pedestal, but one of the handholds he was reaching for turns out to be an illusion and his hand passes right through it.

Broken rocks rain down on Devinihm and Raijin, with the druid taking the full weight of the massive elemental.

GM: Earth's Athletics: 1d20+9+2(Aid)-1(Aid)+1(Boon)=19, failure. Trap: 24 Will vs Earth, hit, Crit vs Devinihm, 23 Will vs Raijin, hit, Earth and Raijin take 6 damage, Devinihm takes 15(note: if being in swarm form doesn't affect your skills, we could say Devinihm was in bug form for the DR).

[sblock=Traps]The group now has a chance to do some looting.

You can aid another. Anyone who makes a roll in the challenge (normal or aid-another) will be at risk if the total failure trap is set off.

On total failure, the trap is failed and must be retried.

Simple Complete
Reward: Summoned Hide Armor +2(level 6) Devinihm, Amulet of Life +1(level 5) Illarion

Moderate Complete
Reward: 460gp, Bracers of Defense(Level 7) Raijin

Complex
Required Rolls: 1 Perception, 2 Athletics, 1 Acrobatics, 2 Arcana, 2 Thievery checks: DC 20
Success: 8 successes before 3 failures. 2 successes, 2 failures.
Failure: Each failure sets off a trap that only affects the individual rolling(and any players aiding that person): +10 vs Will, 2d6+4 damage.
Total Failure: If 3 failures, everyone participating is caught in a trap: +10 vs Will, 5d6+5 psychic damage, 1/2 damage on a miss.
Reward: 2d6 Level 4 loot parcels.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
GM: Earth's Athletics: 1d20+9+2(Aid)-1(Aid)+1(Boon)=19, failure. Trap: 24 Will vs Earth, hit, Crit vs Devinihm, 23 Will vs Raijin, hit, Earth and Raijin take 6 damage, Devinihm takes 15(note: if being in swarm form doesn't affect your skills, we could say Devinihm was in bug form for the DR).

OOC: If you're willing to let me, I won't say no. :)

So, I might as well spend Devinihm's last surge now, since if we fail next round I think it's the only shot he has at surviving.

Two questions:

1) since this is a challenge, does spending the surge here work like Second Wind (bump to defenses)?

2) How long does a 'next round aid' last? I rolled the Perception before, but if Earth decides to roll Athletics this round again, do I need to re-roll the Perception aid later, or does it 'stick'.

I'm assuming I can still roll an Athletics aid since it looks like all the applications of the skill only take a move action (or are 'part of a move').

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth stands up, and helps both of his comrades to their feet. "Sorry for that. I'm heavy." he states. He took the damage without blinking, and is ready to jump again. This time his timely moves lets him land on a solid platform.

pacdidj

First Post
OOC: Mab spends a surge to return to 40/41 HP.

Wincing at the headache caused by the wailing specter, Auntie Mab spends a moment recovering her composure. Then she taps into her "arcane" senses once more.

"Look out Earth dearie! I sense grave danger ahead. See, look up there. Falling rocks. Best tread lightly. I know they wouldn't do much to you, but they'd squish poor Devinihm. Er, that is, some of poor Devinihm," she says with a puzzled look at the now somewhat sparse looking swarm of insects. "It would be an awful mess anyway. Best keep close to the wall and keep our voices down."

Thievery (1d20+15+2+1+1=29)

[sblock=stat block]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions:
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18, Init: +6
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17
Speed: 6
HP: 40/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 1/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +6 vs AC, 1d4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +11 vs AC, 1d4+5 dmg, Range 5/10
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands
Eyebite, Shadow Strike, Fleeting Spirit Strike
Twilight Menace
Prison of Salzacas, Cloak of Resistance, Gambler's Suit

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 20, Will: 17
Skills: +17 Thievery, +21 Stealth

johnmeier1

Explorer
Mab, it is the arcane threats you must focus on implores Raijin as he brushes off his robes from the fall.

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: First melee attack (Dragonflame Mettle - Interrupt),
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 18
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 13, Will 19
HP: 27/42, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 0/6
Resist Force 10, Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Dragonflame Mettle, Promise of Storm, Teleport Bash, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Lightning Breath, Staff of Storms, Slaad's Gambit, Brooch of Shielding, Bracers of Defense

http://l4w.wikia.com/index.php?title=PC:Raijin_(johnmeier1)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
So, I might as well spend Devinihm's last surge now, since if we fail next round I think it's the only shot he has at surviving.

1) since this is a challenge, does spending the surge here work like Second Wind (bump to defenses)?

2) How long does a 'next round aid' last? I rolled the Perception before, but if Earth decides to roll Athletics this round again, do I need to re-roll the Perception aid later, or does it 'stick'.

I'm assuming I can still roll an Athletics aid since it looks like all the applications of the skill only take a move action (or are 'part of a move').

GM: You can Second Wind and it will raise your defenses for one skill challenge round.

You can only aid one check at a time. If you have an aid check "floating", it will be lost when you roll another check.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Earth manages to make it to the next platform and help the rest of the group up. Once there, Mab disables a cluster of mechanical traps while the others begin looking for arcane ones.

GM: I think we're on a fresh round, with +4 of aid Arcana floating around.

[sblock=Traps]The group now has a chance to do some looting.

You can aid another. Anyone who makes a roll in the challenge (normal or aid-another) will be at risk if the total failure trap is set off.

On total failure, the trap is failed and must be retried.

Simple Complete
Reward: Summoned Hide Armor +2(level 6) Devinihm, Amulet of Life +1(level 5) Illarion

Moderate Complete
Reward: 460gp, Bracers of Defense(Level 7) Raijin

Complex
Required Rolls: 1 Perception, 2 Athletics, 1 Acrobatics, 2 Arcana, 2 Thievery checks: DC 20
Success: 8 successes before 3 failures. 4 successes, 2 failures.
Failure: Each failure sets off a trap that only affects the individual rolling(and any players aiding that person): +10 vs Will, 2d6+4 damage.
Total Failure: If 3 failures, everyone participating is caught in a trap: +10 vs Will, 5d6+5 psychic damage, 1/2 damage on a miss.
Reward: 2d6 Level 4 loot parcels.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Now that they have a good vantage point, the many eyes of Devinihm's swarm scan the room.

"That looks like the clearest path, Earth, does it not? You know stone better than I do."

Remove ads