The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin sees the flurry of activity around him and remains calm, waiting for the others to come to some conclusion.

[sblock=Character Info]
raiden.png

Character on L4W Wiki

Character Builder File
[/sblock]

Attachments

• raijin.dnd4e
    110 KB · Views: 142

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 17

Tristram darts back to Auntie Mab as the group enters the courtyard, the rat burrowing into Mab's things until only his whiskered snout sticks out. Earth kneels to touch the dirt of the courtyard, head tilted as though listening to something while Devinihm walks across the courtyard in the midst of the swirl and crawl of a cloud of insects.

[sblock=Earth]The spirits still shudder at the passing of something... unnatural. They seem to be slowly recovering; whatever it was that came through here is here no longer.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mab]Tristram's actions have little to do with alcohol. He seems to have sensed something that terrified him practically out of his wits. He's pretty sure whatever it was is gone now, but he's not taking any chances. A quick check of the garbage reveals only filth and refuse.[/sblock]

[sblock=Devinihm]The insects are indeed drawn to the blood. It leads through the alley, into the courtyard, then to one of the buildings on the far side of the courtyard. There it stops at a wall covered with boarded up windows. Either the blood-trail backtracks, the killer passed through the wall with the body, or...?[/sblock]

[sblock=Illarion]I missed part of what you posted before. A quick magical search of the alleys reveals no traces of the abyssal magic except in the one you all arrived through...[/sblock]

[sblock=Touch of advice]If you find something out, it's up to you to share it with the group. No one else will be reading your sblocks, so they know nothing of what you've discovered unless you share it...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"The creature is here no longer. The spirits can't tell me where did it went." Rock sliding sounds encompass Earth's head as it spins to glance at the wilden. "Were you more lucky?"

pacdidj

First Post
"Be careful dearies!," Auntie Mab calls out to her fellow investigators, "Tristram's had an awful shock. We must be close on the heels of whatever icky thing we're following!"

"Tristram," the old woman addresses the rat in a gentle tone, "Can you tell your auntie what you saw, pumpkin? Did you hear anything love?"

The old woman tries to soothe the rat's nerves to the point where he can clearly communicate what he experienced to her through his squeak speak.

[sblock=Diplomacy 9]Fail[/sblock]

But Tristram spurns her efforts, giving a panicked cry of *Squeak!!!*, and burrowing even deeper into her cloak pockets.

LadyLaw

First Post
Rysethynn follows Mab as she decides to go after Tristram. When they arrive in the alley she takes a quick look around and decides to see if there isn't something she can discern from the situation. Earth said the thing isn't in the alley anymore, so maybe she could find some other trail or something. Then she remembered that earlier someone had mentioned something about demons.

She doesn't know much about demons at all, but she thinks that since Earth also said the nature spirits couldn't say where the thing had gone, if this thing was a demon maybe it didn't leave an obvious trail. With a shrug, and not knowing what else to do, she starts to look around the alley for anything that might turn out to be useful.

[sblock=Perception Check]1d20+7=17[/sblock]

[sblock=Rysethynn Mini-stats]
Rysethynn - Female Dwarven Warden (Earthstrength) 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:15, Ref:12, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 12/12

Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Earth Shield Strike, Warden's Lunge
Earth Spikes, Form of Mountain's Thunder Attack
Form of Mountain's Thunder

Special: Save vs. 1 effect at start of turn (and at end)
+5 to saves vs. poison
Immediate save to being knocked prone from attack
Move one less square from forced movement
+3 to AC when using Second Wind

Conditions: None[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]There's an extra letter in the name on the cb file. Is same character anyway.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Rysethwynn.dnd4e
    98.8 KB · Views: 99

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarion comes from side alley

"Magic remains only in the alley we came through. Either it went off in the air or dissapeared through walls. I cannot see.." elf smiles lightly "...anything useful."

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

"The creature is here no longer. The spirits can't tell me where did it went." Rock sliding sounds encompass Earth's head as it spins to glance at the wilden. "Were you more lucky?"

Devinihm turns as he is about to approach a building on the far side of the courtyard.

"Here," he says, "The flies showed me the blood, and it goes..." he points to a wall with boarded up with boarded up windows. "There. Either this creature doubled back, passed through the wall without disturbing it, or vanished in thin air.

"I am not sure I like most of those options,"
the wilden says with a slight shudder.

Llama_Bill

First Post
Krav looks at the warforged with a slight grin and then turns to the door the creature apparently disappeared through, "Could you get through this door? The place looks abandoned and there could be something helpful on the other side. Lives are at stake after all." Krav's words seem far too jovial for his previous mood.

[sblock]You already have my file.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Krav looks at the warforged with a slight grin and then turns to the door the creature apparently disappeared through, "Could you get through this door? The place looks abandoned and there could be something helpful on the other side. Lives are at stake after all." Krav's words seem far too jovial for his previous mood.

Devinihm shakes his head. "The blood doesn't lead to the door, only these windows," he says, knocking lightly on the boards that cover one of them. "If it found a door, it did so clean of the blood it has been trailing."

DMDanW

First Post
Xander follows the group into the alley but remains silent. He simply looks around at the scene before him and tries to recall anything he may know of 'evil cults' as the lieutenant mentioned and whispers a prayer to Maros to guide his way so that the group may confront those responsible and bring them down.

[sblock=Religion Check]
Check to see if Maros can impart him with some useful knowledge regarding evil cults that associate with summoning demons; 1d20+5 (Religion)=9 - apparently Maros isn't listening right now.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Icon & link]
Here is a link to the wiki sheet; PC:Xander Kain - L4W Wiki
Here is an Icon to use for Xander;
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• Xander.png
    Xander.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 185

Remove ads