The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

pacdidj

First Post
*Squeak, pfft, pfft, pfft, erk!,* Tristram exclaims as he comes trotting back to his mistress with his prize.

"What's that dearie? Oh, you found a treat for yourself, well aren't you clever," Auntie Mab whispers to the rodent, "And, what's that you say? Noises from upstairs? Well, I suppose now's as good a time as any to see what we're up against," the old woman muses as she pulls out a sunrod and ignites it, holding it in her off hand, and carefully shielding one side with her right hand so none of the light will spill up the stairwell.

To Rysethynn she shakes her head saying, "No dearie. None of that blood from earlier."

Then, looking upward at the ceiling, she cautions the rest of her companions in a stage whisper, "Careful dearies! There's something moving about up there, and from the smell of things there's been some grubby, unsavory types coming through here of late."

[sblock=ooc]Feel free to use Auntie Mab as the torch bearer (at least when she's not sneaking). She only needs her main hand to throw her kitchen knives.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=Light]Funny that you mention sunrods Neurotic, because in my experience, PbP players will fumble around in the darkness for RL weeks before using one...
I like to know my resources. Remember Nementah Speak with Spirits in Into the wild?

Illarion approaches the entrance and as he silently slips inside and tries to move closer to the stairs. At that moment however, sunrod blasts trough darkness and reveals the elf to all but most imperceptive audience.

He flinches and waits for the warden to lead on.

Umm, roll for stealth is 16, for some reason the link didn't copy. It should still be at invisible castle history

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Thanks Auntie Mab" says Earth, also thinking the former is the name, and the second the last name, and not some human word to denote the sister of your mother/father. With the path clear, Earth moves bluntly to the stairs, and tries to climb up, if the planks support his weigh. He keeps his eye sockets open, to spot any threat as he goes up.

Perception: 23

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Devinihm holds back a moment, outside of the hole the earthen warforged made, until Auntie Mab generates some light. He enters hesitantly, nerves hightening all of his senses. At the mention of noises, he strains to hear them, hoping to guess at a size or a number.

[sblock=OOC]Perception check (1d20+9=28)[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 21

Now that there is light, everyone can see inside the room. It looks to be some sort of common room with a stairwell leading to the second floor. There's more cast-off debris in here and it looks like this place is slowly coming apart.

The stairs creak, but hold Earth as he heads upstairs. At the top of the stairs is a hallway, muddy and dusty. A door is closed at the head of the stairs, while further down the hallway is another door that is gaping open...

[sblock=Rysethynn]You've pinpointed that the building will come down any year now.[/sblock]

[sblock=Earth]You hear people moving around in the room past doorway at the head of the stairs. Sounds like several of them.[/sblock]

[sblock=Devinihm]You hear what sounds like four people moving around upstairs, by their positioning, sounds like they're gathering around the door. From the way they're shuffling about, at least one of them is probably a cripple.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

Devinihm makes his way through the room, holding up four fingers and pointing to the ceiling as he does so. If he can catch up to Earth, he whispers, "I hear four, gathering at the door, but one of them sounds ... lame. Perhaps we have merely found squatters?"

Despite his theory, the wilden readies his staff.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Reveal yourselves to the guardian of the earth!" Earth shouts and slams the door open, ready to hammer down any possible threat.

OOC: Tell me if I need to roll anything.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 22

The door flies open to reveal two grungy-looking humans, one a woman with only one leg and crutches, a cross-eyed halfling with a club that looks awfully like a bedpost, and an elf wobbling back and forth as though drunk, a jug of whiskey raised as a weapon.

They seem frozen in surprise; apparently they weren't expecting a behemoth of animated rock to kick their door apart.

[sblock=Earth]Intimidate seems appropriate.[/sblock]

[sblock=Everyone downstairs or outside]Any of you doing any more investigating or just waiting to see how the "Earth-first" movement is going?[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Xander remains in the courtyard as the large earthen construct smashes into the building and begins threatening the local squatters. While some of the others go inside Xander tries to study the blood splatter to see if there is any sort of pattern that may lead to figuring out how exactly it was created.

[sblock=Skill Check]
Don't know here, but I was thinking that a Heal check could give me some clue as to how blood would flow out of someone and splatter everywhere (ie what type of wounds, how many wounds, how the body was being carried, etc); 1d20+11 (heal)=28
Xander will use a Sunrod if he has to since there probably isn't much light out there to investigate blood-splatter with.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads