The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
It would be nice if we could have, I dunno, maybe a single day? Just one day where thread after thread that I open isn't filled with the same half a dozen posters endlessly bitching about the same thing over and over and over again?
1711690877699.png

SakanaSensei

Adventurer
I've been away from the forum for a while and just recently came back, but I had left exactly because of what @Hussar mentioned. I would block a lot of the incredibly negative posters, because I really don't have the emotional energy to just hear about how much people hate X, Y, or Z, but even if I blocked them it was like every thread ended up just being people I hadn't blocked replying to those I had, seemingly to get into arguments.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I've been away from the forum for a while and just recently came back, but I had left exactly because of what @Hussar mentioned. I would block a lot of the incredibly negative posters, because I really don't have the emotional energy to just hear about how much people hate X, Y, or Z, but even if I blocked them it was like every thread ended up just being people I hadn't blocked replying to those I had, seemingly to get into arguments.
A lot of people use the internet to argue. It’s a waste. But they do.

I like seeing a page with only one or two visible comments. It means the thread is filled with people pointlessly arguing and I’m not seeing any of it. It makes it easier to skip pages and threads.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
::: Looking in mirror at self among many others:::

Be it Reddit, Twitter, message board or whatever, there will always be opinions you will find insipid or unsupported.

Jumping in and making a thought out refutation might at least get ones views out and plants a flag for ones version of common sense.

Repeated short bursts of disgruntlement feel like they don't do anything to help the conversation, encourage the ones you disagree with to post more, and possibly take a mental toll to post.

Is there any way at all in which they are not a net negative for Reddit, Twitter, message board or whatever?

If not, then exercise some restraint and stop being a net negative.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
::: Looking in mirror at self among many others:::

Be it Reddit, Twitter, message board or whatever, there will always be opinions you will find insipid or unsupported.

Jumping in and making a thought out refutation might at least get ones views out and plants a flag for ones version of common sense.

Repeated short bursts of disgruntlement feel like they don't do anything to help the conversation, encourage the ones you disagree with to post more, and possibly take a mental toll to post.

Is there any way at all in which they are not a net negative for Reddit, Twitter, message board or whatever?

If not, then exercise some restraint and stop being a net negative.
Sounds like you could use another round of rollover whispers.

Remove ads