The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
Elsethread...

I have trouble believing even you care this much - but accepting that - I don't believe you think many others actually do. Imagine if you harnessed that passion for something that would actually make a difference in the world!
My partner has pointed out, and I occasionally think to myself, as I respond to yet another thread or question (more on FB than here) with detailed references to D&D history and development, that if I had channeled the work and study I've put into D&D elsewhere, I'd probably have a couple of doctorates by now.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
My partner has pointed out, and I occasionally think to myself, as I respond to yet another thread or question (more on FB than here) with detailed references to D&D history and development, that if I had channeled the work and study I've put into D&D elsewhere, I'd probably have a couple of doctorates by now.

I think a lot of us on here are in the same boat!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I have a lot of people on ignore actually. But that doesn’t stop me from 1. Being reminded, 2. Sometimes realizing that the kind of convos here are not all that productive.
Lately, when I have this happen, I think "if I'm going to goof off with gaming stuff during work hours, why don't I instead create new stuff for this weekend's point crawl or add stuff to a random chart for that game jam?" So I'm using those moments to actually make me more productive as a DM instead of engaging with the disingenuously "obtuse" or might-as-well-be-an-AI folks.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Lately, when I have this happen, I think "if I'm going to goof off with gaming stuff during work hours, why don't I instead create new stuff for this weekend's point crawl or add stuff to a random chart for that game jam?" So I'm using those moments to actually make me more productive as a DM instead of engaging with the disingenuously "obtuse" or might-as-well-be-an-AI folks.
Yeah. I probably spend most of my time on ENWorld while taking a quick break from all the other directly productive gaming stuff I do: painting minis, crafting terrain, world-building, writing/adapting modules, etc. . .

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I think it's great that you're providing tech support articles here, on a forum dedicated to a hobby that attracts IT nerds like trailer parks attract tornadoes. You're needed here.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I've got to get a few things off my chest before I threadcrap a dozen different threads from here to Reddit and back.

I.
If you don't like the (name) class, you don't have to play one. You really can just play one of the 12 other classes. Nobody has to even know. It can be your own little secret! You don't owe anyone an explanation, and you don't need anyone to agree with you beforehand; just pick something else and roll on.

II.
If one of your players likes the (name) class but you don't? Sure, you can make a nuisance of yourself by loudly complaining to them about it, and/or describing all the many things you hate about it. But did you know: you can just let them enjoy the thing? I know, it's so easy it sounds fake. But it's true! You can just let them have fun. The (name) class isn't "broken" because someone enjoys something you don't.

III.
Sure, you absolutely should customize things to suit your own personal preferences--that's the very first rule of the game! But why all the posturing? What's with all the exaggeration? You aren't "fixing" something, because it never was "broken." These are personal preferences, not laws of nature or royal mandates. Don't be that smug hipster at the party who thinks he saved the day by changing the song list.

"Don't worry everyone! I fixed the music! Now we can have fun." (Bon Iver begins playing at 130 dB)

Last edited:

Remove ads