• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Heh. Come to Japan. It's nearly impossible to get a pepperoni pizza in a lot of places. Egg and mayonaisse? No problem. Pepperoni and mushroom? Forget about it.
I don't need pepperoni or a given topping. Can you get it with mozzarella and tomato sauce on a wheat based crust?

Last edited:

They finally shut up about it, why would you do that!?!
Think of if it like one of those apocryphal stories about stews that have simmered continuously for generations without ever being allowed to go out. Must keep that pot boiling.

Of course, those stews have new ingredients added regularly rather than relying on the same hunk of long-dead horse meat forever, so the analogy is somewhat imprecise.

The truly funny thing is, if you live outside of Canada or the States, you realize that other countries get REALLY weird about pizza. I mean, the Pizza Hut in town has mentaiko pizza. Basically pizza with fish eggs. And yes, it's as bad as it sounds.

But, the point is, while I absolutely turn up my nose at this pizza, there are actually lots folks who like it.

Flexible is good.

Pizza is definitely one of those foods each place can make its own. It also evolves a lot by region.

...he could be teaching something like 10 how to play (splitting them into two groups)!
Five player groups? Why, in my day the DM didn't start turning people away from the open beginner's game until there were at least a dozen seats around the table! If you got killed and anyone was still waiting to play you had to give up your chair and join the queue while you rolled a new character, so you had people dropping in and out all night.

I won't even get in to how the DM added new "reinforcement" PCs during a dungeon run. Suffice to say some of the techniques were worthy of a Warner Brothers cartoon.

Funny how the OSR stuff never seems to resemble my actual childhood memories of gameplay very much... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads