The Importance of Randomness

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Charts & Tables

Wow - I really liked those dynamic charts (4d8 ones...and yes I would make them bigger).

I might use those for more focused areas, but it is also good to have charts with LOTS of options - perhaps to tke those 8 options from.

For eg. 'A businessman' - so you could have a chart with MANY business-types available for the setting.

So, maybe that is where the charts I have worked on over the years may come in handy. I have just the chart for Fantasy Buildings and Businesses.

Oh, and as I have referred to it several times, I am attaching my Encounter Building tables too. Hopefully these might go some way to explain 'how' I like tou use charts?

Attachments

• Encounters - Buildings & Businesses (Aug 11).doc
    222 KB · Views: 68
  • Encounters - Generation Charts (Dec11) - 4E.doc
    242 KB · Views: 57

Tortoise

First Post
Ha! Thanks, you're welcome, and 5e is probably the perfect system for it. We'll see what the GSL looks like...

That is nice to hear. Please keep us posted. I ran the original during my Ptolus campaign as a side adventure and the players absolutely loved and feared it. A 10 point horse bite on an 11 point character can be both frightening and fun! /end side-track.

I'm really hoping the 5e DMG will be incredibly useful. I doubt any book can match up to the 1eDMG for wealth of info, but it would be great to see the 5e version be awesome for all DMs no matter their experience and skills.

Remove ads