The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I have an idea for an evil bard, a kind of demonic propaganda machine, dedicated to either persuading, intimidating, or manipulating people into accepting evil into their lives. He'd be a vashar (evil humans from pg. 12-13 of the BoVD) bard/virtuoso (from Complete Arcane).

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Once you post the character generation guidelines I'm going to submit a Quasit (3HD +3 LA) / Warlock 2 / Fiend of Possesion 6. The ultimate infiltrator :cool:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Ooo, this sounds sweet.

Okay, odd question considering the idea of the nature of the campaign, but do you have Book of Exalted Deeds?

I was thinking of playing a Coure who had been subverted by the Evil and now is a part of that Evil she once fought. Not sure which class yet though. Just like the idea of the fallen Angel, but all the ones in the MM are WAY too powerful.

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Hi there, everyone! I'm glad to see your responses. :D

And now, in no particular order . . . answers!

Dog Moon - I do have BoED, though my copy is unfortunately missing a few pages due to being a bit worn. If I'm missing anything pertinent I'll let you know. Your concept sounds good.

Voadam - Very solid concepts. Let us know which you will be using.

Isida - Good catch! Vasharans are rarely played; a Vasharan propagandist should be interesting.

Question - I'll take a look at it sometime. Off the top of my head, I think that template only adds 1 or 2 to CR, but I can't remember if it makes the base creature incorporeal.

Lord Raven - Sounds like a plan.

Shayuri, Dichotomy, SG, and Ringmereth - Let me know if you have any questions that have not been answered.

Looks like we have nine players so far - an impressive turnout! In order to keep things relatively sane, I think I'll impose a cap at 10 players and a waiting list of 3 alts.

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
It has become apparent that just as there are some demons that ought to be playable but have no LA, there are some undead templates that should be usable.

Huecuvas will be allowed at LA +3.
Swordwraiths will be allowed at LA +2. (They are not incorporeal; they just look somewhat translucent.)

Remember that all corporeal undead may be spellstitched, gaining a vast array of spell-like abilities per day. The cost for this is 1000 gp and 500 XP per point of wisdom the undead possesses (or less if you voluntarily choose to be stitched with lesser runes than the maximum for your wisdom.) Those of you who are not arcane casters, you will have to pay 1000 gp plus 2500 gp (cost equivalent) per point of wisdom to have someone else stitch you. If you pay someone else to stitch you, you get to choose whatever spells you desire (within the limitations of spellstitching.)

MM2 has details on this, as does Crystalkeep.

moritheil

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Out of interest what LA would you give to a Guecubu (from Hordes of the Abyss).

Hmm, I'm not familiar with them - this represents all the information I have, though I do get the concept of a murderous mist that possesses corporeal beings. Can you give me details?

reel_big_gish

First Post
Hanaav Soulforger

[sblock]Hanaav Soulforger
Chaotic Evil Necropolitan Human Artificer 13
XP: 79,305/91,000

Str 12
Dex 18 (17 base +1 level)
Con -
Int 20 (18 base +2 level)
Wis 10
Cha 11

HP: 103/103
AC: 23 (10 +6 armor +3 shield +4 Dex) Touch 14 Flat-Foot 19
Init: +3
BAB: +9/+4
Speed: 30ft
Fort+8 Ref+12 Will+12

Attacks
  • Mighty Seeking Unholy Composite Longbow+1 +14/+9 ranged 1d8+2/x3 +2d6 unholy damage 110ft range ignores miss chance

Medium, 6ft, 130lbs, 120yrs
Black Hair, Blue Eyes, Pale Skin

Speaks Common, Abyssal, Infernal, Celestial,

Skills
  • Use Magic Device+26 [16 ranks +10 competence]
  • Craft - Sculpting+6 [1 rank +5 Int]
  • Craft - Armorsmithing+15 [10 ranks +5 Int]
  • Craft - Weaponsmithing+15 [10 ranks +5 Int]
  • Craft - Pottery+6 [1 rank +5 Int]
  • Craft - Bowmaking+6 [1 rank +5 Int]
  • Craft - Alchemy+16 [10 ranks +5 Int]
  • Knowledge - Arcana+16 [10 ranks +5 Int +1 Education]
  • Concentration+10 [10 ranks]
  • Appraise+10 [5 ranks +5 Int]
  • Knowledge - The Planes+11 [6 ranks +5 Int]
  • Search+20 [10 ranks +5 Int +5 competence]
  • Disable Device+12 [7 ranks +5 Int]
  • Spellcraft+14 [9 ranks +5 Int]
  • Knowledge - Religion+22 [16 ranks +5 Int +1 Education]
  • Spot+5 [0 ranks +5 competence]

Feats
  • Extend Spell Artificer Bonus 4th
  • Persist Spell Artificer Bonus 8th
  • Twin Spell Artificer Bonus 12th
  • Extraordinary Artisan Human Bonus
  • Educated all knowledge skills class skills; +1 to knowledge arcana & knowledge religion checks Character 1st
  • Improved Toughness Character 3rd
  • Legendary Artisan Character 6th
  • Craft Construct Character 9th
  • Rapid Spell Character 12th
  • Scribe Scroll Artificer 1st
  • Brew Potion Artificer 2nd
  • Craft Wondrous Item Artificer 3rd
  • Craft Homonculous Artificer 4th
  • Craft Magic Arms and Armor Artificer 5th
  • Craft Wand Artificer 6th
  • Craft Rod Artificer 9th
  • Craft Staff Artificer 12th

Necropolitan Human Traits
  • Bonus Feat
  • Bonus Skill Points: 1 additional skill point per level (4 at 1st level)
  • Resist Control(Ex):+2 profane bonus on Will save to resist Control Undead
  • Turn Resistance+2
  • Unnatural Resilience: Natural healing as living creature

Artificer Abilities
  • Weapon and Armor Proficiency
  • Infusions: 5/4/4/4/3
  • Artificer Knowledge
  • Artisan Bonus
  • Disable Trap
  • Item Creation
  • Craft Reserve
  • Retain Essence
  • Metamagic Spell Trigger
  • Metamagic Spell Completion
  • Skill Mastery

Equipment
  • Mighty(+4) Seeking Unholy Composite Longbow+1 [12,167gp + 960xp]
  • 60 Arrows
  • Mithral Breast-Plate+1 [3,575gp + 30xp]
  • Animated Heavy Steel Shield+1 [3,432gp + 270xp]
  • Lesser Bracers of Archery [1,875gp + 150xp]
  • Winged Boots of Teleportation [24,975gp + 1998xp]
  • Cloak of Resistance+4 [6,000gp + 480xp]
  • Glove of Storing[3,750gp + 300xp]
  • Wand of Divine Power [CL7, 50 charges] 7,875gp + 630xp
  • Wand of Inflict Critical Wounds [CL7, 50 charges] 7,875gp + 630xp
  • Wand of Enlarge Person [CL1 50 charges] 281gp + 23xp
  • Heward's Handy Haversack [750gp + 60xp]
  • 2 Portable Holes [15,000gp + 1200xp]
  • Quiver of Elhonna [675gp + 54xp]
  • Cannith Gogles [4,875gp + 390xp]
  • Medallion of Use Magic Device+10 [3,750gp + 300xp]
  • Blaesig Mud Golem [MM III, in portable hole 1] 25,750gp + 1,920xp
  • Absalom Mud Golem [MM III, in portable hole 2] 25,750gp + 1,920xp
  • 246gp [in haversack]

Background
Hanaav was born on a prime world of little consequence in the grand scheme of things. At a young age, he was apprenticed to a master artificer, and learned much about the forging of magical items. he enjoyed working with his hands, and seeing his creations put to use, but each item crafted took a little bit of his soul.

Hanaav spent years searching for alternate power sources for his items, but he had little luck until he stumbled upon an ancient text containing the details of human sacrifice. Disgusted at first, Hanaav locked the book away for several years. As his arts drained more and mroe of his soul, however, he rationalized to himself that it wouldn't truly be evil if he only sacrificed those who commited evil. In th midst of night, Hanaav would ambush wrongdoers using his considerable magic abilities, and sacrifice their souls to Orcus. In exchange, Orcus allowed him to retain the essence needed to continue his craft. Unnoticed to Hanaav however, with each sacrifice, he grew darker and more removed from the world. Eventually, he succumbed completely to the evils he had commited, petitioning Orcus to grant him eternal unlife.

Orcus granted his request, in exchange for a 2 century tour of duty in the Blood War. As he awoke from death, the demons came for him, bringing him unto the Abyss. At first placed in the front ranks with the dretches, Hanaav proved his worth time and again, and was allowed to return from the front lines to forge the souls of stolen innocents into powerful weapons for the tanar'ri armies.

When the portal to Mori opened, Hanaav volunteered to go there with the first legions, seeing it as a potentially unlimited source for souls.

Appearance
Hanaav no longer looks like the human he once was. Undeath has taken its toll, pulling his skin tight across his bones, and what little hair he has is patchy and falling out. The odor of decay hangs strongly about him.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
moritheil said:
Hmm, I'm not familiar with them - this represents all the information I have, though I do get the concept of a murderous mist that possesses corporeal beings. Can you give me details?
If you let me know your email address I'll send the info to you.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Also here is my first cut at my Quasit Character.

[sblock]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Zox Pox
[B]Class:[/B] Warlock 2 / Fiend of Possession 6
[B]Race:[/B] Quasit
[B]Size:[/B] Tiny
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Chaotic Evil
[B]Deity:[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B] 08 -1 (02p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 11       [B]XP:[/B] XXXX
[B]Dex:[/B] 16 +3 (02p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +7         [B]HP:[/B] 66 (3d8+8d6+22)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] -2     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 5/cold iron or good
[B]Int:[/B] 16 +3 (10p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 20'/50(P)[B]Spell Res:[/B] XX
[B]Wis:[/B] 14 +2 (04p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +7        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] 26 +9 (16p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -X         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +X    +X    +3    +2    +3    +X    18
[B]Touch:[/B] 15              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 15

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      9    +0          +9
[B]Ref:[/B]                       9    +3          +12
[B]Will:[/B]                      12   +2          +14

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Eldritch Blast            +12    3d6 (5d6)  20x2
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX

[B]Feats:[/B] Improved Initiative, Mortalbane, Skill Focus (Hide +3), Stealthy (+2 Hide and Move Silently)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 106      [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 11/5
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Appraise                  0.0    3     0     3
Balance                   0.0    3     0     3
Bluff                    11.0    9     0    20
Climb                     0.0   -1     0    -1
Concentration             0.0    0     0     0
Craft (Untrained)         0.0    3     0     3
Diplomacy                11.0    9     0    20
Disguise                 11.0    9     0    20
Escape Artist             0.0    3     0     3
Forgery                   0.0    3     0     3
Gather Information        0.0    9     0     9
Heal                      0.0    3     0     3
Hide                     11.0    3    23    37 (29 Hide Presence)
Intimidate                8.0    9     0    17
Jump                      0.0   -1     0    -1
Know (Arcana)             8.0    3     0    11
Listen                   11.0    2     0    13
Move Silently             6.0    3     2    11
Perform                   0.0    9     0     9
Ride                      0.0    3     0     3
Search                    7.0    3     0    10
Sense Motive              0.0    2     0     2 
Spellcraft               11.0    3     0    14
Spot                     11.0    2     0    13
Survival                  0.0    2     0     2
Swim                      0.0   -1     0    -1
Tumble                    0.0    3     0     3
Use Rope                  0.0    3     0     3

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
+1 Holy Evil Outsider Bane Starmetal Greatsword ('Valour')   37350gp    8lb (In Portable Hole)
Portable Hole						     20000gp   
Tiny Cloak of Charisma(+6)				     36000gp    2lb
Ring of Chameleon Power(+10 Hide, Disguise Self)	     12700gp   
Robe of Powerlessness					      5500gp   
Greater Chausable of Fell Power				     18000gp   
XXXX							        XXgp   XXlb
XXXX							        XXgp   XXlb

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 2lb      [B]Money:[/B] 28450gp XXsp XXcp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                13    26   40    80   200
Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Common, Dwarven, Elvin.

Abilities:
Quasit
  • Tiny: +2 to AC and Attacks, -8 Grapple, +8 Hide.
  • Poison: Injury, fortitude DC 13, initial damage 1d4, secondary damage 2d4.
  • Spell-Like Abilities: At Will - detect good, detect magic and invisibility (self only); 1/day - cause fear(DC 11); 1/week - Commune (ask 6 questions)
  • Alternate Form(Su): Bat, Wolf.
  • Darkvision 60'
  • Fast Healing 2
  • Immunity to poison
  • Resistance to fire 10

Warlock
  • Eldritch Blast: 1d6
  • Detect Magic
  • Invocations: Least- ?, See the Unseen

Fiend of Possession
  • Ethereal Form: Become Ethereal at will as if casting Etherealness (17th caster level). Possessing an object or creature effectively ends a use of this ability, so time spent in another body or object doesn't count against the duration of this ability.
  • Hide Presence: When possessing an object or creature a FoP can hide it's presence by making a special hide check, DC equals DC of spell[+4 bonus if FoP isn't controlling the object or creature. A successful check allows the FoP to avoid virtually anything that would betray it's presence in the possessed creature or object. Thus it can pass through a magic circle against evil, enter a temple warded by a forbiddance, or escape detect via detect evil. When possessing a creature a FoP can make this hide check to protect the possessed creature from the full effects of alignment based spells such as holy smite. If the fiend makes a successful hide check, then the possessed creatures takes damage appropriate to it's actual alignment, but if the check fails the creature is affected as if it were the fiend.
  • Possess Object: Possess item from Tiny to Colossal size, unattended nonmagical items are automatically possessed, magic items and attended items receive a save [DC24]. A FoP becomes part of the object it possesses, so it is no longer ethereal. The FoP is aware of what is going on around the object, it can see and hear up to 60 feet away. In any round in which it takes no other action [such as using a spell-like ability], it extends it's senses to twice it's normal range [120]. The fiend is vulnerable to spells that specifically affect outsiders or creatures or the fiends alignment such as holy word, holy smite etc, and is affected by mind-affecting spells but not physical attacks. Harming the object does not harm the fiend, although if the object is destroyed, the FoP is forced back into it's ethereal form. When possessing an object a FoP can use any ability it has that requires no physical action, such as using a spell-like ability or telepathy. It can't cast spells, attack physically, or perform any other physical action, until it reaches a high enough level to make the possessed object perform these tasks.
  • Curse: Can cause items to radiate a corrupt and befouling nature, anyone touching the item must make a will save [DC24] or be subject to a bestow curse effect. The affected creature doesn't know that the curse came from the item.
  • Magic Item: Can cause weapons or armour to function as magical items. Powers up to the FoP class level[+6] can be bestowed upon the item, if the item is already magical the FoP can increase the powers of the item equal to his class level. If a FoP possessing an item attempts to possess a creature that uses the item or keeps it on it's person, the target's save DC increases by 1 for each day the possessed item has been on it's person [to a maximum of +10]. A character making a search check [DC25] while examining the possessed item can tell that there is something strange about it.
  • Control Object: When possessing an item with inherent mobility, a FoP can control the objects movement. The FoP can cause the vehicle or similar object to move at a speed up to the fiends own land speed in it's corporeal form. Other moving parts such as a clocks hands or a crossbows firing mechanism, are under the FoP control. Thus a FoP could make a wagon steer towards a pedestrian, or roll out of a stable without a horse attacked. It could make a crossbow :):):):) and fire [but not aim itself]. Exerting control is a free action, though actually moving an object requires a move action.
  • Animate Object: A FoP may animate [as the animate object spell] an object with no inherent moving parts.
  • Possess Creature: A FoP may possess creatures as well as objects, an unprotected target must make a will save [DC24, evil creatures have a -2 save], if the save is successful the target is immune to this ability for 24 hours. A FoP which possess a creature becomes part of the victim, thus it can't be targeted by spells or attacks separately from the victim. Damage taken by the possessed creature has no effect on the FoP. If the victim dies the FoP is forced back into it's ethereal form. The FoP ca sense anything the victim can, at any time the FoP can telepathically communicate with the victim by projecting words in any language the victim understands. The FoP is constantly aware of the victims current thoughts and it can choose to probe it's memories as well, but the victim is allowed a Will save [DC24].
  • Ally or Enemy: A FoP may reward of punish any willing creature it possesses, the FoP may bestow a +4 or -4 profane bonus to any of the creatures ability scores as a free action.
  • Possess Noncontinuous Object: A FoP possess object ability becomes more loosely defined, thus a FoP may possess a pool of water, a cloud of dust, or a section of wall or floor.
  • Control Creature: A FoP may exert direct control over a creature it is possessing. Attempting to establish control is a standard action, the victim must make a Will saving throw [DC24] each round until the FoP abandons the attempt, or the victim fails the save or the victims make three consecutive saves, indicating that the FoP can't control the victim that day. Once control is established the FoP automatically maintains control for 12+ [6 + Cha mod + 1 for each previous occasion] rounds. When in control of a victim, the FoP has access to all of the creatures skills, feats, and spell knowledge. The fiend now acts as though it is the creature in all respects. The FoP uses it's own Int, Wis and Cha scores, but adopts all of the victims physical ability scores. The FoP can make use of it's own spell-like abilities as well. The FoP retains the creatures type and is affected by spells and other effects as if it were the possessed creature. The Fiend can choose whether the possessed creature retains awareness of it's bodies senses and actions, in which case it mentally communicates with the fiend, or simply blacks out for the duration of the control.
  • Ending Possession: Spells such as dismissal and banishment are among the only effects that can target a FoP separately from the object or creature it inhabits. When these spells are directed against the FoP, the spell effect is resolved as if the fiend were in its normal, corporeal form, using its own Hit Dice, saving throws, ability scores etc. If successful, these spells drive the fiend out of the victim and back to it's home plane. Holy Word and similar spells can also drive out a possessing fiend and send it back to it's home plane, but a FoP can hide it's presence to escape the effect of such spells. Certain other special abilities (such as the granted power of the Exorcism prestige domain) can force a FoP out of a victim and back into it's ethereal form.

Height: 1'6"
Weight: 8lb
Eyes: Red
Hair: none
Skin: Greenish
Appearance:
A tiny humanoid-shaped creature with spiky horns and bat wings hovers before you. It's hands and feet are long and slender, with long claw-tipped digits. Warts cover it's greenish skin.

Background:
Born 600 years ago Zox Pox quickly learnt two valuable lessons which has enabled him to survive much longer than others of his ilk, 1) if you're not useful then your dead and 2) stay out of the way of those larger than yourself.

As such Zox Pox quickly found a niche in demonic society that of an infiltrator, this enables him to be both useful to those who'd command him, as well as enabling him to stay out of the way of his superiors for extended periods of time.

Over the span of his 600 year life span, Zox Pox has made countless excursions to the prime material plane, to gleefully wreak havoc, leaving chaos death and destruction in his wake.

About 400 years ago Zox Pox was slain by a mighty Paladin called Justin Truesword, who was wielding a potent Demonbane Greatsword called 'Valour', enraged by his failure Zox Pox came very close to being destroyed by his superiors, swearing revenge Zox Pox returned to the prime material plane after a 100 years only to discover that the Paladin was long since dead.

Breaking into his tomb Zox Pox looted the very weapon that had brought about his downfall, since that day Zoxpox's greatest pleasure has been in possessing 'Valour' and allowing it to fall into the hands of a 'worthy' young Paladin.

Legend has it that the sword is possessed by the spirit of the Dead Paladin which has guided many such aspiring Paladins to their premature but glorious death, fighting off hordes of invading demons.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads