• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
moritheil said:
Thanks for bearing with me. I was called away due to some unforseen circumstances, and then I spent a while trying to figure out exactly how to explain the selective disappearances of our inactive players. I think I have arrived at the most plausible solution, which I am posting now.

Voidrazor - That sounds OK. This campaign is, after all, heavy on player power.

Nightbreeze - We are most likely going to bring alts directly into the game now, so certainly you can join.

Fenris, LordRaven - Start thinking of ways to introduce your characters.

Last but not least, Happy New Year!
Moritheil let me know when I should start posting.

Shayuri

First Post
Confusion: Are we all going back to the Abyss, or just some of us?

The message seemed to suggest that only some of us were going...but then people post like we all are. Clarify?

Fenris2

First Post
Lord_Raven88 said:
Zox Pox Quasit Warlock 2 / Fiend of Possesion 6 at your service.

Zox Pox would be most happy travelling along with someone else, possessing and amplifying a magical weapon/item.

So if someone wants Zox Pox to tag along, let me know!

Hey, I will throw Drex into the ring too for any shared BG given we have a buncha alts comming in. Given my 'bad paladin , bad' levels Zox could even have originally turned him from the path of light...

Name: Drex
Race: Undead Changling
Class: Paladin of Slaughter 2(UA)/Sorcerer 3/Abjur Champ 4(comp mage)/Recaster(RoEb) 5

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Well, heh, my character was inspired by Zox Pox when I made the first draft several months ago. So yes, its a second Fiend of Possession, although their approaches are fairly different. Where Zox is a subtle corruptor, Kaelvorr is ruled by ambition and joined the invasion in hopes of conquering Mori for its own kind, the Kaorti. The Kaorti were once human sorcerors but were warped by an ill-fated excusion to a Far Realm. Kaelvorr will be arriving amidst a small army of these lesser fiends.

Fenris2

First Post
I okay name change to Drax, it sounded better, and about 3/4 done in the rogue's gallery so feel free to lookie lookie. Same concept as beofre so evil paladiny-arcanist undead with acohort grone... gotta do the cohort too, at least that is easer... ;-)

As to intro, I figure he and the other new guys could be re-eforcements. Again I am still open to shard BGs or knowing some one, new or old...

moritheil

First Post
Welcome, and welcome back to those staying! :D Start posting whenever.

Sorry for any confusion. Not everyone is going back to the Abyss, only those who are no longer playing. New players and activated alts can just arrive as replacements sent to relieve those who are leaving.

For reference, those leaving apparently include the Maug, Gabriel, Pyre, and Hanaav. If their players reappear within the next week or so, that list can be revised.

New chars are at 14th level, minimum XP. (Item creation, etc. may well mean you start at 13th ECL.)

moritheil

First Post
Fenris2, I don't have Complete Mage, so I'll need you to detail what you get out of your Abjur Champ levels on your char sheet. Using the class is no problem, though. :)

EDIT: I see that you have already done so. Excellent!

moritheil

First Post
Well, a little chaos in deployment is not unheard of! ;) I put an in-character clarification up, too.

Incidentally, it looks like we have a far more sutble group now. I don't like seeing players go any more than any other DM does, but I guess I should have said at the get-go that this is not really a hack-and-slash campaign. You will get much more mileage out of a character that can do noncombat interaction than out of a character that does absolutely nothing during our roleplay phases.

(Rose is a good example of a character built to interact with others, but without any skill at such interaction.)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads