• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Voidrazor

First Post
moritheil said:
I went back and reassessed the teleportation capacity of the group to figure out exactly how many kaorti are tagging along. Here's my rundown:
Silhouette - two others
Drax - four others
Snargle - three others
Kelteror - three others
Total: 12 slots
Riding: Kaelvorr, Vedak, Gabriel, Rose, emissary (5 slots)
backup: 7 kaorti (take up the remaining slots)
Kaelvorr handed his Helm of Teleportation to one of the kaorti and possessed that one during transport (see post). But I don't think Kelteror could take passengers, since the demonic spell-like ability doesn't allow it.

As for the polymorph form, I'd suggest Fleshraker dino or Forest Troll, but they're both in MM3.

Shayuri

First Post
Blimey. The rogue's gallery's fallen off. I can't do searches, so I'll post Silhouette right here, Moritheil.

[sblock=Silhouette]Name: Silhouette
Race: Tiefling
Class/Level: Beguiler 13
Exp: 94120/105000

Desc: Silhouette's true appearance is that of a shapely and beautiful female humanoid, with red irised eyes and skin that is truly black in color; the shade of shadows at midnight. She enjoys finery and luxury, and tends to dress in provacative clothes of high quality materials, or at least seem to. Very little in her day to day appearance is exactly as it seems however. Her skill in illusion magic makes her adept at adopting roles and altering her looks to become whoever and whatever she wishes at any given moment.

Strength (STR) 8 (0)
Dexterity (DEX) 16 (6)
Constitution (CON) 18/14 (6)
Intelligence (INT) 27/21 (16)
Wisdom (WIS) 14 (6)
Charisma (CHA) 14 (6)

Alignment: Neutral evil
AC: 13 (10 +3 Dex)
Hit Points: 110
Movement: 30' ground

Init: +3
Base Attack Bonus: +6/+1
Melee Attack: +6
Ranged Attack: +9
Fort: +11
Reflex: +12
Will: +15

Race Abilities
+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha
Darkvision 60 ft
Resistance to electricity 5, cold 5, and fire 5
Darkness SLA, 1/day
Skills: Tieflings have a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Hide checks.

Class Abilities:
Armored Mage
Trapfinding
Cloaked Casting: +1 DC, +2 vs SR
Advanced Learning 3rd: Magic Aura, 7th: Heroism, 11th: Persistant Image
Surprise Casting: Move Action
Silent Spell
Still Spell

Skills: 44+120
Bluff +23 (16 ranks + 2 Cha + 2 race +3 item)
Concentration +20 (16 ranks + 2 Con + 2 item)
Diplomacy +14 (5 ranks + 2 Cha + 4 synergy +3 item)
Disguise +27 (10 ranks + 2 Cha + 10 magic +3 item +2 synergy)
Forgery +18 (10 ranks + 5 Int + 3 item)
Gather Information +17 (10 ranks + 2 Cha + 3 item + 2 synergy)
Knowledge: Arcana +15 (7 ranks + 5 Int + 3 item)
Knowledge: Local +15 (7 ranks + 5 Int +3 item)
Hide +26 (11 ranks + 3 Dex + 2 race + 10 item)
Move Silently +24 (16 ranks + 3 Dex + 5 item)
Sense Motive +12 (10 ranks + 2 Wis)
Spot +12 (10 ranks + 2 Wis)
Listen +12 (10 ranks + 2 Wis)
Use Magic Device +21 (16 ranks + 2 Cha + 3 item)

Feats
1 Eschew Materials
3 Spell Focus: Enchantment
6 Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
9 Spell Focus: Illusion
12 Heighten Spell

Languages - Common, Infernal, Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic, Elvish

Spells (Base DC: 18, 19 illusion, 20 enchantment)

0 - 6/6, 1 - 6/6, 2 - 6/6, 3 - 6/6, 4 - 6/6, 5 - 6/6, 6 - 4/4

0 - Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Open/Close, Read Magic
1 - Charm Person, Color Spray, Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Doors, Disguise Self,
Expeditious Retreat, Hypnotism, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Rouse, Silent Image, Sleep,
Undetectable Alignment, Whelm
2 - Blinding Color Surge, Blur, Daze Monster, Detect Thoughts, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust,
Hypnotic Pattern, Invisibility, Knock, Minor Image, Mirror Image, Misdirection, See Invisible,Silence, Spider Climb, Stay the Hand, Touch of Idiocy, Vertigo, Whelming Burst
3 - Arcane Sight, Clairvoyance/Clairaudence, Crown of Veils, Deep Slumber, Dispel Magic, Displacement, Glibness, Halt, Haste, Hesitate, Hold Person, Inevitable Defeat, Invisibility Sphere, Legion Of Sentinels, Major Image, Nondetection, Slow, Suggestion, Vertigo Field, Zone of Silence
4 - Charm Monster, Confusion, Crushing Despair, Freedom of Movement, Greater Invisibility, Greater Mirror Image, Locate Creature, Mass Whelm, Phantom Battle, Rainbow Pattern, Solid Fog
5 - Break Enchantment, Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Friend to Foe, Hold Monster, Incite Riot, Mind Fog, Telepathic Bond, Seeming, Sending, Swift Etherealness
6 - Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion, Mislead, Overwhelm, Repulsion, Shadow Walk, True Seeing, Veil

Money - 21gp

Weapons -
None

Armour -
None

Gear -
2 scroll cases, 2gp, 1lb
2 belt pouches, 2gp, 1lb

In pouch 1
Spell components: Nondetection 3 castings, 150gp
Spell foci, (various, no effective cost)

In pouch 2
Money purse

Magic -
Cloak of Resistance +5, 25000
Headband of Intellect +6, 36000
-- Circlet of Persuasion, 6750
Amulet of Health +4, 16000
Boots of Teleportation, 49000
-- Boots of elvenkind, 3750
Vestment of Many Styles, 500
Ring of Sustenance, 2500
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (45/50), 4500
Wand of Lesser Restoration (47/50), 4500
Dust of Tracelessness, 250
Scroll of Death Ward, 700
Scroll of Fly, 275[/sblock]

moritheil

First Post
Voidrazor said:
Kaelvorr handed his Helm of Teleportation to one of the kaorti and possessed that one during transport (see post). But I don't think Kelteror could take passengers, since the demonic spell-like ability doesn't allow it.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out.

Silhouette - two others
Drax - four others
Snargle - three others
Kelteror - 0 others
Kaelvorr - 0 others
Total: 9 slots
Riding: Vedak, Gabriel, Rose, emissary (4 slots)
backup: 5 kaorti (take up the remaining slots)

As for the polymorph form, I'd suggest Fleshraker dino or Forest Troll, but they're both in MM3.

According to precedent, I allow MM3 forms as long as you don't mind posting the stat block.

Voadam said:
Ryfte hasn't posted online since the 7th. He was going to join in my game as well.

Okay, thanks for that info. I may call in an alt.

Shayuri said:
Blimey. The rogue's gallery's fallen off.

The RG is linked in some of our signatures (including mine.) Use it in good health! ;)

Cynic

First Post
Mori,

Brand new to this style of gaming and I actually came here looking for an M+M game, but since none seem to have openings and your game looks pretty cool, I'm wondering if you already have someone to fill the potential spot or is it possible that I could join up?

moritheil

First Post
Cynic said:
Mori,

Brand new to this style of gaming and I actually came here looking for an M+M game, but since none seem to have openings and your game looks pretty cool, I'm wondering if you already have someone to fill the potential spot or is it possible that I could join up?

I keep a running list of alts. When people disappear, alts get pulled into the game. I can add you to this list if you'd like. In order to be on the list, you must have a character ready so that you can jump right in when the activation call is issued.

Speaking of people disappearing, though it was thought that Ryfte had disappeared from the ENW boards, he was seen today, so I'll give him another chance to post. I'm going to call in LordRaven88 and Toptomcat. I'm still looking for news regarding Isida.

Current Invasion Active Roster:
Silhouette, Drax, Snargle, Kelteror, Kaelvorr, Vedak, Gabriel, Rose

NPCs: Roillard, veiled diplomat, kaorti warriors and marshals, cultists

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Fenris2 -

[sblock]"See Invisble CL17, prayer beads - made permanent via permenancy scroll - gotta luv UMD + Divine Insight!"

Not sure what this quote refers to. Why does it appear twice on your char sheet?

Re: Hero's Feast, I'll need to see people actually eating it for the benefits to apply . . . which hasn't happened yet. In a normal campaign it can be handwaved, but in an evil campaign people do not lightly make the choice to eat food that someone else has prepared, so I need to see people deciding to eat it. Also, as an undead, it doesn't appear that you gain the benefits yourself since you don't eat.

Re: Crypt Spawn, I don't have the spell specifics, but if it follows the pattern of most undead creating spells, shouldn't Drax be in the thrall of the caster? If so, it can still be used, but the caster will have to be either the demon lord himself or one of the higher ranking generals, not your cohort.

Re: Cohort, if he's around, please RP him now and then. Also, please remind me and other undead players that there is a desecrate effect up. (See Kelteror and his reminders that he has see invisible up for an example of how reminders should be done.) I don't want to accidentally forget to apply bonuses.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
I'm going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon/evening (central time) for a wedding. Please NPC me as needed.

Rose will get moving forward as soon as the scouts indicate that we are good to go. He is REALLY anxious to kill things.

moritheil

First Post
Dichotomy said:
I'm going to be out of town until Sunday afternoon/evening (central time) for a wedding. Please NPC me as needed.

Thanks for letting us know. Have fun! :D

Shayuri -

[sblock]The power level of the lingering magic does not actually correspond to a typical magic trap. Either that glyph was pretty powerful, or something else is going on.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Toptomcat

First Post
How precisely are we going to get me into this, logically? Could I perhaps be a traitorious guardian of the Worm that Walks, having gained sentience 'behind its back' as it were and plotted my master's destruction?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads