• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

moritheil

First Post
Let's tentatively plan on a continuation next week, with the hope that Isida and Voadam will be ready then.

A few reminders about large campaigns, adopted from a list by the inestimable J Alexander:

1. Please allow everyone a chance to post before you advance your character's actions. Conversation is always encouraged; multiple sets of actions are problematic.

2. Remember that death = timeout. You will be worked back in at the first opportuinty, but this may be a little while (and requires other people to retrieve your remains.)

3. Enjoy the game and feel free to engage in sidebars and character interaction while your waiting for others to post their actions. Without character interaction, we are simply a dozen people playing tactical combat simulations. Whom does your character trust/distrust? How does that show in his or her interactions with them?

4. Remember that though your characters are among the roughest and vilest customers that hell has to offer, the same should not be said of your fellow players.

The kobold arc IS about finished. I'm looking forward to the main event.

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Things to add:

1. I'm taking applications. Dichotomy, Shayuri, and Voadam have posted. If Isida comes back, that's four. I do want to shrink the campaign from the 8-12 we had at one point, but it wouldn't hurt to go to five or six. Originally I wanted 12 for the in-party intrigue, but people were too well-trained as players and it didn't quite work out that way. :p

2. The party could really use some sort of cleric. I noticed it before, and it's still true now. Healer-type chars get preference.

3. In an effort to encourage quality posting, I'm going to take style into consideration for bonus XP. Style doesn't mean flamboyance - if your character is a coward and all his actions are cowardly, that's great RP too.

4. Everyone is going to go up a level as soon as this kobold thing wraps up, which is going to be SOON. I will give out a set amount of XP which will be enough to level you.

5. Bump so that any other returning players can see this and so that we can get applications.

Shayuri

First Post
Sounds good.

One question.

Significant additions to the body of 3.5 lore have been made during the hiatus, in the forms of the Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium. Will returning characters have any chance to "respec" (to borrow a MMORPG term) to take advantage of those?

moritheil

First Post
Shayuri said:
Sounds good.

One question.

Significant additions to the body of 3.5 lore have been made during the hiatus, in the forms of the Spell Compendium and Magic Item Compendium. Will returning characters have any chance to "respec" (to borrow a MMORPG term) to take advantage of those?

Hmmm. I suppose I'll offer "respec" time after you all return to the Lair of Shadows - which should be in one fight, no more. Otherwise we'll get mighty morphing effects in mid-battle. I'm not sure my universe has a Superboy-Prime to pound on its backstory and allow that. :p

Pyrex

First Post
*signs up*

I'll post a concept for a divine caster once I've looked over the available options and seen just how bad ECL is going to hurt.

Slightly more detail:
I'm thinking Lich, probably Cleric (maybe Favored Soul), and quite possibly Spellstitched.

Edit: Oh, wait, I'm one CL short for Lich... :\

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Pyrex said:
*signs up*

I'll post a concept for a divine caster once I've looked over the available options and seen just how bad ECL is going to hurt.

Slightly more detail:
I'm thinking Lich, probably Cleric (maybe Favored Soul), and quite possibly Spellstitched.

Edit: Oh, wait, I'm one CL short for Lich... :\

Welcome!

Don't forget that there are many options available to be undead. Feel free to look at other character sheets. Necropolitan is popular, as it is the cheapest way to get undead status. Heucuva and Bone Creature are other ways that you can be undead without paying a hefty 4 LA. Obviously they don't offer all the benefits of Lich, but they are options. :)

Pyrex

First Post
I'm a little turned off by the -6 Int penalty on the Heucuva template.

I didn't see a LA listed on the Bone template; what LA would you think fair? Given Necropolitan at +0 I wouldn't expect more than +1 or +2LA.

Remove ads