• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

moritheil

First Post
Pyrex said:
I'm a little turned off by the -6 Int penalty on the Heucuva template.

I didn't see a LA listed on the Bone template; what LA would you think fair? Given Necropolitan at +0 I wouldn't expect more than +1 or +2LA.

Let me grab my BoVD . . . p. 184

Gain: Cold Immunity, claw attack, +2 nat AC, undead, +4 dex, weapon finesse.

Hmm, it doesn't list an LA? Let's say +1.

EDIT: Definitely +1, since that's what I ruled in the past.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Alright, I'll see about getting a Bone Human Clr13 drafted on Monday or Tuesday.

Two more quick questions:
If I take the Corpse Crafting feats from Libris Mortis, can I apply the effects to myself?

Secondly, I don't have the full text for Spellstitched; only the summary from Crystalkeep. Does Spellstitched actually grant Sorcerer casting (wisdom keyed) or are they actually listed as a suite of SpellLike abilities?

The major difference being if they're technically SP, there are no material components required...

Thanks,

moritheil

First Post
Pyrex said:
Alright, I'll see about getting a Bone Human Clr13 drafted on Monday or Tuesday.

Two more quick questions:
If I take the Corpse Crafting feats from Libris Mortis, can I apply the effects to myself?

Secondly, I don't have the full text for Spellstitched; only the summary from Crystalkeep. Does Spellstitched actually grant Sorcerer casting (wisdom keyed) or are they actually listed as a suite of SpellLike abilities?

The major difference being if they're technically SP, there are no material components required...

Thanks,

They are spell-like abilities; note that expensive material components or XP components add substantially to the cost of crafting. Please run any very unusual spells with high costs past me.

You may apply a corpse crafting ability only to corpses that you take a significant amount of time to personally prepare. (Note carefully how the benefit does not apply to summoned undead, for instance, only those that you raise yourself.) Since you are generally incapable of making such modifications once you become a corpse, and presumably another spellcaster has raised you, it is quite impossible to apply corpse crafting to yourself.

EDIT: Being a lich grants an exception to that, since liches do modify and prepare their own bodies.

However, you can pay gp and arrange for yourself to be raised in a desecrated area for bonus hit points, as that makes perfect sense.

Note for those who read the IC thread in the past couple of days: I posted up a skeletal response to the end of combat, which I intended to flesh out more when I had time. I've since gone back and done it in more detail.

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Bloodweaver1 said:
If you need another player, I am sure I can submit something. Let me know what you need and I can draft something up.

-Blood

Anything is fine, subject to the general rules. Something with healing ability is preferred.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The Isida would be re-interested indeed. I'll need to re-read the thread and Gabriel's character sheet to get caught up though. Hmm... I'm working the next two days... probably will have time Wed night/Thur morning to do so.

Pyrex

First Post
moritheil said:
They are spell-like abilities; note that expensive material components or XP components add substantially to the cost of crafting. Please run any very unusual spells with high costs past me.

The most likely one would be Animate Dead. I'll have a better idea when I've had time to draft a sheet. :)

moritheil said:
...it is quite impossible to apply corpse crafting to yourself...

Fair enough.

moritheil

First Post
Everyone, please don't hesitate to post wiki-related feedback. I know that there are gaping holes with respect to the info there, but with respect to getting knowledge together in one place, is it useful? If so I will continue filling those holes.

The "history" section tells a more impartial story than the party has heard so far, I believe. If at some point you get to question some locals (even the cultists) you can piece together that story.

Pyrex - Animate Dead is fine. IIRC there's some FR fluff about how Sszass Tam uses that trick or something.

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
The Isida would be re-interested indeed. I'll need to re-read the thread and Gabriel's character sheet to get caught up though. Hmm... I'm working the next two days... probably will have time Wed night/Thur morning to do so.

Awesome! ;)

moritheil

First Post
I'll be porting over files from the old web site (still linked in Post 1 above) to the wiki, time permitting.

I suppose we'll have to have Roillard sit down and give you a lengthy explanation of the pantheon in Mori, as everyone has been too busy to ask him about such details.

Pyrex, Bloodweaver, the RG thread is linked in my signature. :D

Pyrex

First Post
Construction of my Bone Cleric is proceeding.

I should be able to post a rough draft once I've taken a look at alt sources (Spell Compendium and Libris Mortis) for good spells for my Spellstitchings. :)

Remove ads