• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Shayuri

First Post
True...it would probably help if I shared more about the characters as they are so far.

The warlock has Beguiling Influence, flight, teleporty power and invis, as well as Devour Magic and Vitriolic Blast. I see her as a sort of "secret agent" type character, with a powerful, accurate single shot attack (no good for area effects), good social skills, and the ability to bypass most common obstacles and gather intel, steal items, etc. She also has Craft Contingent Spell, giving her access to a lot of surprises.

The Beguiler I see as a shadowy manipulator sort...using magic, disguises, illusions and skills to guide individuals, towns, cities, even nations, into ruin. She would fill a role similar to that which I originally envisioned for Loriel...working her way into the fold of the enemy and eating at them from within.

moritheil

First Post
Shayuri said:
Also, I was wondering if the character I make will include the exp? Normally I wouldn't ask, but the warlock at least has some crafting skills that make exp over the ECL14 mark useful. :)

Yes, per my earlier statement that you will get full XP ;) .

FWIW, the prevailing image of the beguiler as weak in combat is, from what I have seen of them in play, inaccurate. They aren't your normal blaster mages, but they are far from useless in a fight.

moritheil

First Post
A few pointers:

- Torture may or may not be needed if the kobold is already charmed. I don't recall offhand how long this charm will last, but you ought to be able to get in at least a question or two first.

- Gabriel is aware through his link that the dominated kobold is not dead.

- Once Pyre gives an aye or nay, cultists may be able to help with Rose's poisoning.

- Roillard won't be speaking again until people have given their reactions or actions.

Voadam

Legend
If it is dominate person it is 1 day/level and the dominator only needs to say answer our questions fully and truthfully, Snargle just does not know that the kobold is charmed. :)

Dominate Person
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 4, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 round
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One humanoid
Duration: One day/level

moritheil

First Post
Voadam said:
If it is dominate person it is 1 day/level and the dominator only needs to say answer our questions fully and truthfully, Snargle just does not know that the kobold is charmed. :)

There may be some confusion here - Gabriel dominated one kobold earlier in combat; the current prisoner is not dominated, but rather charmed by a supernatural effect. (Snargle is charmed, too, FWIW, but it doesn't have any bearing on things.) It's not the charm person spell, either, so I'm not sure what the duration is off the top of my head.

moritheil

First Post
I think we scared off Bloodweaver. :uhoh:

Anyhow, I've been thinking about the possibility of high-powered cohorts in a high-powered campaign such as ours. In order to keep the spotlight on the primary player characters, it might be necessary to require that cohorts be built with lower point buy values - perhaps 28 or so. This would keep them useful but rule out the possibility that a 0 LA cohort might be more useful than a high-LA player character.

moritheil

First Post
Updated with the results of animate dead, analysis, and Rose's battle with poison.

NS - High LA is really harsh for a primary caster. Things won't get any better when you battle opponents with SR. If you aren't happy with Pyre, now is an ideal time to switch.

Shayuri

First Post
Hahaha...curse you, Moritheil! Our minds are too alike. My replacement was gonna be veiled too. :) No matter though. I am making Silhouette the Beguiler...who will support Gabriel from the shadows. Seeing to it that he has the spotlight when needed, and that his hands can stay clean. By the same token, while Gabriel attracts attention, it leaves her free to move unseen!

Just doing inventory now. Full sheet will be up tomorrow!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads