• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Invasion of Mori OOC [3.5][planar][PAUSED]

Shayuri

First Post
Doom! DOOM!

Here is Silhouette...Loriel's replacement. Much sleeker, and more focused, with no confusing assassination tactics that might make her want to be in combat. She's all about subtlety, deception, and control. With some nice party and personal buffs tossed in, and enough UMD to use wands and staves automatically, with no roll needed. Just to help take some heat off our salamander (heh), she comes complete with some clerical healin' wands!

My hope is that Gabriel and Sil will complement each other, with Gabe taking on the necessary "visible" social manipulations, and Sil going underground to help arrange things behind the scenes. Thus, their skillsets, while similar, will work together instead of in competition. And while Gabe can conceal his spells within his music, Sil is adept at casting spells with no visible or audible components at all...making things like Friend to Foe and Incite Riot especially entertaining. :)

Smee!

[sblock]Name: Silhouette
Race: Tiefling
Class/Level: Beguiler 13
Exp

Desc: Silhouette's true appearance is that of a shapely and beautiful female humanoid, with red irised eyes and skin that is truly black in color; the shade of shadows at midnight. She enjoys finery and luxury, and tends to dress in provacative clothes of high quality materials, or at least seem to. Very little in her day to day appearance is exactly as it seems however. Her skill in illusion magic makes her adept at adopting roles and altering her looks to become whoever and whatever she wishes at any given moment.

Strength (STR) 8 (0)
Dexterity (DEX) 16 (6)
Constitution (CON) 18/14 (6)
Intelligence (INT) 27/21 (16)
Wisdom (WIS) 14 (6)
Charisma (CHA) 14 (6)

Alignment: Neutral evil
AC: 13 (10 +3 Dex)
Hit Points: 110
Movement: 30' ground

Init: +3
Base Attack Bonus: +6/+1
Melee Attack: +6
Ranged Attack: +9
Fort: +11
Reflex: +12
Will: +15

Race Abilities
+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha
Darkvision 60 ft
Resistance to electricity 5, cold 5, and fire 5
Darkness SLA, 1/day
Skills: Tieflings have a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Hide checks.

Class Abilities:
Armored Mage
Trapfinding
Cloaked Casting: +1 DC, +2 vs SR
Advanced Learning 3rd: Magic Aura, 7th: Heroism, 11th: Persistant Image
Surprise Casting: Move Action
Silent Spell
Still Spell

Skills: 44+120
Bluff +23 (16 ranks + 2 Cha + 2 race +3 item)
Concentration +20 (16 ranks + 2 Con + 2 item)
Diplomacy +14 (5 ranks + 2 Cha + 4 synergy +3 item)
Disguise +27 (10 ranks + 2 Cha + 10 magic +3 item +2 synergy)
Forgery +18 (10 ranks + 5 Int + 3 item)
Gather Information +17 (10 ranks + 2 Cha + 3 item + 2 synergy)
Knowledge: Arcana +15 (7 ranks + 5 Int + 3 item)
Knowledge: Local +15 (7 ranks + 5 Int +3 item)
Hide +26 (11 ranks + 3 Dex + 2 race + 10 item)
Move Silently +24 (16 ranks + 3 Dex + 5 item)
Sense Motive +12 (10 ranks + 2 Wis)
Spot +12 (10 ranks + 2 Wis)
Listen +12 (10 ranks + 2 Wis)
Use Magic Device +21 (16 ranks + 2 Cha + 3 item)

Feats
1 Eschew Materials
3 Spell Focus: Enchantment
6 Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
9 Spell Focus: Illusion
12 Heighten Spell

Languages - Common, Infernal, Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic, Elvish

Spells (Base DC: 18, 19 illusion, 20 enchantment)

0 - 6/6, 1 - 8/8, 2 - 8/8, 3 - 8/8, 4 - 8/8, 5 - 7/7, 6 - 5/5

0 - Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Message, Open/Close, Read Magic

1 - Charm Person, Color Spray, Comprehend Languages, Detect Secret Doors, Disguise Self,
Expeditious Retreat, Hypnotism, Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Rouse, Silent Image, Sleep,
Undetectable Alignment, Whelm

2 - Blinding Color Surge, Blur, Daze Monster, Detect Thoughts, Fog Cloud, Glitterdust, Hypnotic Pattern, Invisibility, Knock, Minor Image, Mirror Image, Misdirection, See Invisible,Silence, Spider Climb, Stay the Hand, Touch of Idiocy, Vertigo, Whelming Burst

3 - Arcane Sight, Clairvoyance/Clairaudence, Crown of Veils, Deep Slumber, Dispel Magic, Displacement, Glibness, Halt, Haste, Hesitate, Hold Person, Inevitable Defeat, Invisibility Sphere, Legion Of Sentinels, Major Image, Nondetection, Slow, Suggestion, Vertigo Field, Zone of Silence

4 - Charm Monster, Confusion, Crushing Despair, Freedom of Movement, Greater Invisibility, Greater Mirror Image, Locate Creature, Mass Whelm, Phantom Battle, Rainbow Pattern, Solid Fog

5 - Break Enchantment, Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Friend to Foe, Hold Monster, Incite Riot, Mind Fog, Telepathic Bond, Seeming, Sending, Swift Etherealness

6 - Greater Dispel, Mass Suggestion, Mislead, Overwhelm, Repulsion, Shadow Walk, True Seeing, Veil

Money - 21gp

Weapons -
None

Armour -
None

Gear -
2 scroll cases, 2gp, 1lb
2 belt pouches, 2gp, 1lb

In pouch 1
Spell components: Nondetection 3 castings, 150gp
Spell foci, (various, no effective cost)

In pouch 2
Money purse

Magic -
Cloak of Resistance +5, 25000
Headband of Intellect +6, 36000
-- Circlet of Persuasion, 6750
Amulet of Health +4, 16000
Boots of Teleportation, 49000
-- Boots of elvenkind, 3750
Vestment of Many Styles, 500
Ring of Sustenance, 2500
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (50/50), 4500
Wand of Lesser Restoration (50/50), 4500
Dust of Tracelessness, 250
Scroll of Death Ward, 700
Scroll of Fly, 275[/sblock]

NapoleonicSoup

First Post
Ok, Since you're offering me the chance to change, I'm going to go from a non-optimized guy to a super optimized guy.
Wizard3/Druid3/Bonded Summoner2/Arcane Heirophant5
This allows me to apply Bonded Summoner familliar benefits (IE: turn it into a fire elemental) to an animal companion. He also has Arcane Casting ability as a 9th Level Wizard, and Divine as an 8th Druid. But wait you ask, where is the fiendish lineage? This is where the true brokenness comes in.
The true Character is The mighty Kobold, Pun-Pun. He has since left to consider his own divinity, but he left Colin, his faithful cohort behind.
Pun-Pun(Obviously from the CO board) is a Divine Minion 1/Wizard 1/Master of Many Forms 3
His cheese is spoken of here: http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=491801
The almighty Pun-Pun imbued Colin with Cure Critical Wounds 10/day (Not too overpowered, considering no CL bonus), gave him all the benefits of a winged, feral, legendary monster, vampire, vampire lord. Since Colin's type remains Humanoid the entire time, the requisites for vampire are appeased by not actually becoming an outsider. Of Course this is up for negotiation, but you can see I restrained myself by not just giving myself unlimited power. You really should have seen the Wizards.com boards before you made this, and given some restrictions.
And since this is going to be mainly an RP game, this guy has a better background. He witnessed the ascension of a virtual god, and now is angry that Pun-Pun didn't do more. He could come to terms with this, and spread the word of Pun-Pun,

Voidrazor

First Post
NS - You never know, but I sort of doubt Pun-Pun granted templates are gonna fly. For strictly legal cheese I would suggest dropping the hybrid caster and going pure druid with the following feats: Aberration Blood, Aberrant Wild Shape, Natural Spell, Leadership, and Assume Supernatural Ability:eye rays. This will let you wildshape into a Beholder, or better yet a Director (beholder-kin from Lords of Madness). That way you could use about 5 eye ray attacks per round on top of spellcasting. You'd still need an explanation as to why you're with the party. But I could certainly see an NE aberrant blooded druid being more than happy to despoil new worlds.

NapoleonicSoup

First Post
I really don't need the templates, they just add limburgher. The main part of it is the eventual fire elemental with druid benefits (Natural Bond of Course). I could have done it other ways, but it would have involved hiding out in an effigy, and I don't like constructs. If there were psionics involved I could do it with mindswitch, but again you dont get the spell like abilities or supernatural effects.

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Oh I mentioned the wrong beholder-kin in my previous post. I meant the Overseer. Its a tentacled tree-like mass rather than the usual Beholder sphere. They have thirteen eyestalks five of which can target a single creature. Ooh, and beholders (not sure about Overssers) get crazy body slots including 3 rings and 3 amulets.

I'm not sure if I follow your previous post. You were looking for ways to become a large elemental?

NapoleonicSoup

First Post
The bonded summoner PrC changes your familliar into an elemental, getting bigger until at level 10 it becomes elder. The Arcane Heripphant gives your animal companion familliar benefits.
So, at the moment it's a medium fire elemental with +8hd and other benfits. If the DM doesnt let the Pun-Pun thing fly, even taking out some of the templates (Like vampire and vampire lord) and I doubt he will, I might need to re-arrange the class levels if I take some template.

Voidrazor

First Post
The Arcane Hierophant has to dismiss their familliar, but the retain an amimal companion. In theory, by taking Bonded Summoner after AH you could then get an elemental companion in addition to an animal companion. Unfortunately, even with natural bond or similar feats neither critter is likely to be particularly effective in combat.

If you want to kill stuff with elementals, I'd suggest the Rashemi Elemental Summoning (Unapproachable East) feat. It lets you summon Orglashes instead of regular air elementals. Orglashes are pretty much the same but get a Cone of Cold ability equal to their HD 3/day. So if you use Summon Nature's Ally VII to summon d3 huge ones each doing 15d6 cone attacks. For an animal companion I'd suggest a Dire Tortoise (Sandstorm) with the Horrid template (Eberron Campaign Setting).

moritheil

First Post
Re: Pun-punism: You are aware that I have active divine beings in this campaign, right? And that sufficiently powerful divine beings always know about events that might happen that involve their portfolio? ;)

So, nice try, glad we all got a chuckle, but no, prior association with Pun-pun is not a legitimate source for your optimization needs.

If you're set on summoning, I might suggest Champion Summoning or whatever the Dragon magazine feat is called - it allows you to always summon allies with maximized hit points.

Remove ads