• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

[sblock=OOC]I think we should plan ahead, and get as much done in one outing as we can; would it be possible to get a quick sketch of this map we've been given? Chey is definitely after the kobolds, but her curiosity hasn't quite been dampened yet, and she would also like to check out the homesteads where people have gone missing, and scout the general area for signs of devious activity[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] You most certainly can get a map if you can wait till im in my apartment. Its "have my kid" week and were visiting his grandparents this weekend. So since everyone is off at gencon anyway you guys talk over what you wanna do etc, and ill post a map monday afternoon.

The map has several locations marked on it including

Dragons Rest - Which is marked as the site of a historic battle against a great dragon

Kobold Caves - The area where the kobolds traditionally lair

Maoleth - The town you're in

Ruined Keep - You assume this is the keep the legends have spoken of

Other then that the surrounding land is entirely wooded with roads heading off in several directions.[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=ooc]We have the map in game right? So we can discuss our options in character? Just making sure before Brenwar starts talking about a map that only he can see :erm:[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I'm back from vacation, and ready to get back up to speed as well. Are any of the farmsteads marked? If so, we might check out any that are 'on the way' towards the caves- likewise, if the keep or other landmarks are 'on the way' (or at least close) we ought to give them at least a cursory check- but we probably ought to see what we can do about the kobolds before they cause any more mischief. If nothing else, forcing thme to deal with us means they have less strength to go after farmers or townsfolk. [/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I don't want to push anyone out the door or anything, but can we just go... somewhere? This is sort of a stagnant town trip at this point and I'd like to get to a more post provoking area. Brenwar is fine with going to the homesteads if any are marked and then to the kobold lair, afterward we can visit the ruins.[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

Seeing the impatient look in Brenwar's eyes, Cheysuli hurries the others along, giving little coy shoves as the group travels toward their quarters to gather their equipment.

Once she has her spear in hand, she stands ready for action, clearly ready to get out into the wilds.

ukingsken

First Post
Glancing at the map Brenwar sees several promising options. The homesteads in the outlying fields are marked as a vague cluster, although each individual house is not marked.

Further to the north in the mountains foothills lie the kobold caves and to the east of them the keep. Also marked nearby is an old battlfield where a great wyrm was supposedly slain and laid to rest.

Any of these locations could offer information about whats going on in the area, whether it pertains to the kobolds or more deep seated issues.

[sblock=ooc] I agree, the town trip has stagnated a bit and I'd much like to get out and about. Just seems a few of us, myself included, having absences here and there slowed it down. Things should move up a good pace step or two once we leave town :D[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads