• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sweet, back from vacation to GenCon and ready to roll, I was in one of only three groups to complete the ultimate dungeon delve out of I believe they said 86 groups that tried. I'm stoked and somehow not burnt out on DnD at the moment so hoping to get this party (pun intended) started [/sblock]

"Well it seems we will be passing the homesteads anyway so we should probably give them a quick once over but the longer we wait the longer the kobolds have to gather their forces and strike again and the worse our reputation will be, not to mention the weaker our position will be when we try to eventually confront them. I think anything obvious we can find will help us in destroying this threat but we can't wait too long in dealing with them as they are the immediate threat and the reason we were sent out in the first place. Let us make haste."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"At the least, we will earn some valuable accolades for dealing with the little brutes, as that will make life easier for all in town," Miranna snarled. "And I still cannot help but think that the two problems are connected, however loosely, so we may find useful clues as well. Let us head out then..."

OOC: [sblock] Looks like the plan is to check the homesteads at least briefly before hitting the caves. That sound good for everybody? [/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=Map] Just so you guys can see, the map is here. It's not perfect but im not a skilled enough mapper to do anything other then steal ;) Full post in the morning.[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
Exiting through the gates you follow the road northward, the map at this point being an afterthought. As you move further away from Maoleth the buildings appear more and more derelict, as if no one had been using them for some time now. About half an hour north, you see the first of what prove to be many burnt out and gutted houses.

As you look further north toward the rising mountains and the kobold lair Miranna spots a plum of smoke rising in the distance, you would guess 45 minutes away.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Look there," Miranna growled, pointing towards the smoke. "Maybe that is another homestead... Either way, we ought to be ready for trouble." Despite the apparent distance, she drew her sword- just in case.

OOC: [sblock] Looking at our map, does the apparent source of the smoke match up with a marked location? [/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
"Perhaps we shouldn't unsheathe our weapons yet, I'd hate to give a wrong first impression to someone living outside the town walls." Brenwar says as with a gentle pat in the direction of the unsheathed sword Miranna is carrying. "Although when that smoke is coming from a kobold campfire feel free to say I told you so," he adds with a smile.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna made no move to sheathe her blade. "I'd guess that the sight of someone with a sword might be MORE reassuring, rather than scary as long as that someone isn't a kobold. Most likely that is another homestead being burnt out. We ought to hurry- maybe we'll be able to help if anyone got out in time, and at the least there ought to be fresh clues..."

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

"People may still be in danger, I agree we must hurry, and keep our wits about us!"

Chey starts at a jog, moving almost directly toward the smoke in the distance. She leads the group through the woodland, scouting out the quickest, safest route; happily accepting help from any who have the pathfinders knowledge. All the while she tries to keep her senses alert for any sign of another ambush; she is wary of falling into another trap.

[sblock=Rolls]Nature check to navigate the woodland (1d20+2=21)
Perception check incl. group awareness from Shayla (1d20+1+1=20)[/sblock]

Remove ads