The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

"Well, if nobody else has any questions, I suppose we should be going. Thank you." Chey gives her companions a chance to speak before she gives the genasi a sharp bow and turns to leave.

---

Once the group are out of ear shot of the scholars magical door, Cheysuli turns to the other two and speaks as she unweaves her hair. Her demeanour has returned to the bubbly girl excited to be on an adventure, the irritation of Valthun's aloofness seemingly forgotten.

"This scroll will hopefully give us an edge in the fights ahead. We only have a few hours before we should be setting out for the keep, I think we should be prepared for trouble, so I suggest we pool our resources and stock up on some potions and any other supplies that could help. If the keep is ruined we may need to do some climbing. I have ninety gold pieces, give or take.

I am letting my hair down now, so if our friends see us they can go to the temple and wait while we do some shopping, that way we will not be seen entering the sanctum together.
"

Katana_Geldar

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry I've been away guys, Net has been down and I couldn't get online. Don't mind me, I'm just going to pass a note to the DM ;)[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
"I sadly have no extra gold to contribute to the cause. They don't pay us Holy Warriors like they used to" Brenwar says with a smile, "Though I guess I will tag along to give you some company"
[sblock=ooc]
I'm still around and now I'm done with finals so I should back to posting at my regular decrepit pace.
[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Sorry. I'd like to know what the situation here is going to be like around Christmas New Year. I might have to disappear for a time due to family issues, can you PM me your email two heads as I can get to my Gmail account through my mobile phone, but not to enworld as I found out this week.[/sblock]

I am wondering though, said Firete, holding on to her patience, could this have anything to do with something called the Oni that I keep hearing about? Do you know anything about them?

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

"I sadly have no extra gold to contribute to the cause. They don't pay us Holy Warriors like they used to" Brenwar says with a smile,
"Oh dear, however do you afford to live?!" Cheysuli asks sarcastically and sticks out her tongue at Brenwar in quite a childish fashion as she lets loose the last of her braids.
"Though I guess I will tag along to give you some company"
The tongue immediately disappears, replaced with a silly grin; "That would be most welcome." she says as she grabs his and Miranna's hands in her and starts almost puling them down the street toward the merchants shop. "You too Miranna, there might be some bargains to be had."

[sblock=Rolls]Perception Check (1d20+4=24) to keep an eye out for the other two, and to notice any suspicious attention.
Bluff Check (1d20+12=26) to make it seem like Chey isn't paying attention to anything but the fancies of her child-like mind.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Oni?" Eilian scowls at the word, "You mean you don't know? Well, of course you wouldn't. Why would you?"

As the Dragonborn continues, all traces of elderly kindness vanish from his face, replaced by simmering rage. It is clear that it is not you that this anger is directed at, but the subject of conversation. ""Oni" is their name in Tsugo, and it would translate roughly to "spirit of shadows and chaos", or something like that.
I suppose they would are most similar to your devils and demons. They are the scourge of our land, and the cause of our people's decline. They are the Shadow that we are constantly at war with, both on the battlefield and in our hearts. There are many who would once be considered our countrymen who have thrown their lots in with those foul monsters."

Eilian takes a breath and steadies himself. "If an Oni has taken interest in Maoleth, things can only get worse. You may wish to reconsider your visit here."

Remove ads