The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Katana_Geldar

First Post
That's rather interesting about Elder Laith, if no one actually saw him leave then chances are he is still in the city. I think we should follow this, perhaps speak to some of the town Watch, we met some at the gate house on our way in. Firete averted her eyes after seeing Chey skipping down the road with Miranna then resumes her conversation with Yishim. The others want to meet, Firete says, loosening her red hair from its long braid so that Chey can see the signal is acknowledged. I think we will just have time to speak to someone, and then we need to search for the temple.

[sblock=TwoHeads] Just to be clear, if ronak is okay with this we go to the gatehouse. If anyone knows that Eilian actually left the city, we'll find it there. Will there be time before the meet up?[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Meanwhile, at the shop:

"Ah, more customers," Bairdon Williams greets you pleasantly. "Tell me, what can I get for you?"

Once the three adventurers are in the merchant's shop, Cheysuli releases Brenwar from her grip. She smiles warmly at the shopkeep's welcome; "Hmm, well, I am looking to buy some healing potions, do you have any in stock?"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Of course, of course. They're right over here," the dwarf says as he gestures towards a trio of potions sitting on a rack. "I don't often say this about my wares, but I hope these serve no use to you." Bairdon chuckles slightly at his jest.

Meanwhile, at the Gatehouse:

There is a guard standing at the ready outside the gatehouse. He nods as you approach.

"Greetings, travelers. What can I do for you?"

Rapida

First Post
"Well good sir that makes at least two of us then," Brenwar says while he browses the wares waiting for Chey to finish buying what she needs.

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Firete saunters up to the guard and gives him her best smile. I was hoping I could speak to....She pauses, examining the guard. ...well, perhaps you could help me. Can you tell me who was on watch on the night that Elder Laith disappeared? I am sure, with the quite exemplary vigilance that I can see so apparent here, that him leaving the city would not have passed your notice.

[sblock=Diplomacy]1d20+8=25 [/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
You think you see the guard smile slightly, but it quickly vanishes beneath a professional facade.

"You honor us, my lady. And you are in luck, for I was one of those keeping watch that night." He sighs softly before continuing, "I'm afraid I can tell you no more than what I have already reported to my superiors. No one, not even Laith, passed through the gates. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Katana_Geldar

First Post
I am sure that nothing passed your notice, but can you speak for the other two gatehouses in this town? There are, if I recall, three ways of entering this city.

Remove ads