The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna pulled her hand free of Cheysuli's grasp with a determined tug. "I haven't much money to contribute either, but I have a little if we can find something useful. Mostly I took this job to get MORE money- though the oher rewards have more than made it worthwhile." Her voice wasquiet enough to not be overheard by casual passers-by, but still held its harsh rasping tone. "I think we ought to meet the others and move out as soon as we may..."

OOC: So, what were you thinking of? Healing potions, maybe rope, anything else specific?

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=Gold Situation]
Not being a miser or anything, I just literally have no gold at the moment. Talk about living paycheck to paycheck.
That is unless I forgot to factor in some gold. I believe I've only spent the initial 100 GP. Were we given anymore?
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Don't forget the 230 gp you guys found here.

"The Oni are of varying strength. But even the least of them are masters of foul magics. The worst are creatures of nightmares. I've heard legends of Oni that were able to warp the world around them, twisting the very earth and sky to their whim. As for weaknesses?" Eilian shakes his head. "They have no particular vulnerabilities, no aversions to holy symbols or certain vegetation. They can be killed, or so I've heard, much like anything else can. Although it is apparently quite difficult."

The elderly Dragonborn careful rises to his feet, picking up his brush and paper as he does so. "I find myself very weary, suddenly. If that is all, I think I will be returning home."

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

When Miranna tugs her hand out of Cheys, the tiefling turns to look her in the eyes, "I am going to keep trying you know Miranna, there is a young girl in there somewhere who wants to hold hands with her friends and skip down the road, and I want to meet her more than anything! If we are to meet with the others and be on our way, then they will have to see us, or more specifically; see the way my hair flows beautifully in the wind when it is released from it's braids. Going to the merchants gives them an opportunity to do so."

After her admonition, Cheysuli continues on her way dragging the paladin behind her, her grip on Brenwar's hand more firm than ever.

[sblock=gold]Not to worry, I've got enough for a couple of healing potions which is all I'm after at this point; I'm just going with the flow in character :p [/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Thank you for you help, Firete says as Eilian walks away, she then turns to Yishim. Well, we have a little more about the Oni, but nothing about our friend. We do have something to tell to the others though. Do you think it is worth meeting with them or trying to discover something more.

I think we've little to tell them - just the letter and some background on the Oni. But, we should see if they've something to tell us. Leave your hair as it is, and let's go to the marketplace. It's likely where we'll find them.

Katana_Geldar

First Post
You don't bolt the stable door until you know the horse is inside, Yishim, Firete says as they walked. Perhaps something will still turn up.

[sblock=Streetwise]Okay, looking for signs of the Oni, people, things or anything that turns up. 1d20+12=31[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Streetwise Miscellany]While you don't see any signs of the Oni (unsurprisingly), you do learn a couple more things about them from clever use of casual conversation. First, apparently many of the residents see them as a type of terrifying bogeymen, always lurking in wait and watching for weakness. Second, they may be right.

There is some question as to exactly where Elder Laith was last seen. Nobody remembers him leaving the town the night he disappeared, but most people assume he did, since walking around the exterior of the walls was a habit of his. You also either learn or are reminded that until a few years ago, he owned the shop Bairdon now possesses. He sold it to the foreigner and retired. While he often talked about how much he missed it, he was also very happy to be leading a less stressful life.

Also, you see a cheerful young Tiefling woman with her hair down practically, and actually, dragging her more dour companions down the street towards Bairdon's shop. You have never seen any of those people before in your life *wink wink*.[/sblock]

Meanwhile, at the shop:

"Ah, more customers," Bairdon Williams greets you pleasantly. "Tell me, what can I get for you?"

Remove ads