• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
An unnatural bellow of anger and frustration roars from beyond the rift. It sounds more like twisting metal than any creature you have heard, and the cavern shakes with reverberations. The tendrils begin to retract back through the cracks, almost too quick to see. The Shadowed One turns back to face you, spittle frothing from his mouth as he rants.

"Children! Imbeciles! You've done nothing but delay the inevitable! Zal'Ekthees will be freed, and his wrath with be terrible! Even the gods will fall to his-"

Suddenly one of the tendrils lashes across his throat as it pulls back, decapitating him cleanly. The tendril wraps around his head and takes it through the rift as the man's body falls forward.
There is a snapping noise as the last of the unnatural shadows is pulled through the rift. The cracks, distortions, and shimmers disappear as the rift is sealed once more. The room is still, and even becomes brighter as your lights return to their natural luster from the dull and faded quality they had acquired while in the keep.

[sblock=You win!]Congratulations![/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Firete shudders a little at the shadowed one's disappearance. Looks like someone finished him off for us, she says, but this is but a temporary reprieve. I hate to think what would happen if we really faced the wrath he spoke of. Still, she brightened a little, we do have Bairdon. I spared him not just because he should pay for his treachery, but that he should give us more answers.

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar still on his guard says, "If we had faced that creature then I don't believe any of us would be alive at this moment. So shall we deal with Bairdon?"

Fragsie

Explorer
"A good idea!" Chey chirps as she wipes sweat from her brow and stuffs the rather helpful scroll back in her pouch and retrieves a coil of rope.

[sblock=OOC]So sorry to disappear on you guys, I had a big wedding and then some problems with my ISP, have changed company and everything should be fine now. Really sorry I missed the big climax, and... well done peeps! :)[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Actually, I'm more waiting for someone to say "I do X" rather than having someone roll to do X. If you want to tie him up, search the room, put on an impromptu performance, etc., then just say so.

Yishim asks Chey and Firete tie Bairdon up. Miranna, Brenwar, if you want to search the room, we can start making plans to get out of here.

While the others are busy working and tending their wounds. Yishim conjures another floating disc. We can put one or both of the bodies and Bairdon on this, I think.

[sblock=Arcana]Arcana (1d20+11=18) to cast Tenser's Floating Disc. I think it'll carry 500 lbs. Note that I may need to retcon this somewhat as we'll need to get the bodies up the chains; Tensers won' t float that high. So if there's not an easy way up I'll need to wait to cast.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna set to work searching the room. She kept her distance from the seal, as if not entirely convinced that it was inactive. At first, she was most concerned with any obvious doors or passages- slowly she began to look for other details as well.

OOC:
>Perception for searching: 1d20+4= 16; roll Roll Lookup

>I think we need a short rest as well- if we get one, Miranna will spend a surge for 12 HP

Remove ads