• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Bairdon scowls woozily, "What do you mean, girl? I'd think it should be obvious at this point. If you're going to kill me, just do so already."

The search of the chamber bears significant fruit. One of the skeletons was wearing antique, but very well preserved, chainmail, decorated with baroque patterns. A brooch with similar decorations is found on Kumori's cloak, which itself carries a powerful defensive enchantment.

Beneath the Shadowed One's ruined cowl you notice his robe, hitherto concealed by his cloak. They are charcoal gray, with patterns of eyes stitched in with thick green threads. Some of the eyes are wide open, some half-closed, others completely shut. You're very sure the eyes aren't following you while you aren't watching. Yes, very sure.

There is also a significant amount of treasure in one of the corners of the room. The gold and jewelry, some of it enchanted, had been pushed to the side, as if the previous occupants of this chamber hadn't been concerned with it.

However, you don't see any other exits.

[sblock=Translations]In order of appearance, Skald's Chainmail +1, Brooch of Shielding +1, Cloak of Distortion +2, Robe of Eyes +2, and a Healer's Brooch +2. The intended distribution is that Firete gets the Skald's Chainmail and Healer's Brooch, Yishim gets the Robe of Eyes and the Brooch of Shielding, and Chey gets the Cloak of Distortion +2, but you can handle things differently if you'd like. In addition, the monetary treasure, combined with what you found in the hobgoblin barracks, comes to 3000 gp.[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
With Bairdon's remark, Chey's post-fight levity instantly disappears. She walks up to the bound man and rests the tip of her rod upon his chest, channelling just enough of her eldritch energies through it to make it's touch painful, but not enough to cause any damage.

"I would not be so flippant, dwarf! If we were going to just kill you we would not have wasted the effort of tying you up and rousing you. If you are cooperative there is a chance you may leave this keep with your heart still beating. But if you are not, I am sure I could convince my companions to head on back to town and leave me to fulfil your request... Though unfortunately I'm not in the mood for speed or mercy!" Cheysuli leans in close to Bairdon maintaining unblinking eye contact and allowing a hungry grin to slowly creep across her face.

//Intimidate 1d20+11=24//

Katana_Geldar

First Post
And I doubt that those in Maoleth would have been as forgiving as us had they found you here, Firete says. If you are not more forthcoming, what is to stop them from executing you once we hand you over? Treason pays a heavy price, or did you forget that when I knocked you out?

[sblock=OOC]Is Chey in the mood for Good Cop Bad Cop? She can be bad cop
Hope my previous Diplomacy roll was enough, I should get something from a crit
[/sblock]

Yishim handles the robe and brooch. His eyes beseech the others as he says Will you allow me to take these treasures? They would complement my somewhat aggressive combat style...

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Bairdon blinks and frowns in confusion as he attempts to focus on the people shouting at him, "Um, I misunderstood you, apparently. I thought your mercy was to deliver me to Maoleth's prison, but that is effectively killing me. Hashteth will execute me after a nominal trial. But I guess you already figured that out..." He trails off and shakes his head slightly before continuing, "Well, I still don't know what you want from me. Did you not know what we were doing, what you prevented? Did you... accidentally seal the rift and keep that Oni in his cage?" He looks willing to answer your questions, but he also looks unsure as to what your questions are.

ooc: That last bit applies to me as well.

Rapida

First Post
"I have no problems with you taking those items, Yishim. I don't need any of those items since I've already gotten my new armor and weapon."

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Firete smiles and nods over her shoulder to Yishim, indicating that she'll attend to that when finished with Bairdon.

Come now, stalling is not going to make it any better for you. We know about your allies in the city, we know that one of them managed to make Elder Laith disappear. What you told me before was undoubtedly a pack of lies. Tell us what we need to know or I might have to look the other way and let my friend here do what she will.

[sblock=Roll?]Lemme know if I need to roll again[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"No, there aren't any other of us in Maoleth. Or, or anywhere, as far as I know. They," he jerks his head at the fallen cultists, "stayed here and handled the arcane business. I stayed in town to keep an eye on Hashteth as well as keeping them appraised of any note-worthy developments and new arrivals. And taking care of any minor problems that popped up."

Remove ads