The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Firete quickly turns around. The undead?! She gives a worrying look to Chey. And they were going to come through the rift? She shudders a little and then looks back at the symbol on the floor. So that was your plan in unleashing Zal'Ekthees? And...She pauses thoughtfully. Those others you mentioned that didn't arrive, they could still open the Rift? How stable is it?

[sblock=Story question]Am I right in guessing that the spy that amde contact with us is actually Bairdon?[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Bairdon groans, "Listen girl- I mean, ma'am. There is no one else. Do you understand? No one. There were all of four people in the know. You've killed three of them, and I'm the fourth. That means there are zero of us out and about. I don't know what's making you so insistent that this isn't the case, but that's the way it is."

He looks over at the rift and shrugs, "Looks stable to me, but I'm hardly an expert when it comes to this sort of thing. That was handled by the others. Those three others. The dead ones in the room with us. Just being clear."

[sblock=Story question]
Am I right in guessing that the spy that amde contact with us is actually Bairdon?

Yes. There was a hint regarding writing implements.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Oh my goodness...]The first time you asked him if there was anyone else, this was his reply:

"No, there aren't any other of us in Maoleth. Or, or anywhere, as far as I know."

So, nobody else. Seems pretty clear. And then you asked him the same question again.

"Well girl, at this point you seem to know more about these other allies than I do. So why don't you tell me about them? Who are they, and why didn't they come when the master called? My curiosity is piqued."

This was sarcasm and annoyance on his part. The point was that there isn't anyone else, because if there were, they would have been in the fight.

I'm telling you, as the DM, there are no other cultists. I don't know why the second response seemed more truthful than the first, but that was not my intention.[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
[sblock=Let's backtrack then] I realised just then, after I made the post, that he was telling the truth. I guess it's the part of me that wants there to me more to it than this. So, if it's okay with you, I'll scrub the post and say something else.[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Firete addressed Chey carefully in Eladrin. As much as I hate to admit this, I think he's telling the truth, Chey. Or at least the truth as much as he knows. We aren't going to get anymore out of him. At least we will have proof to give to Lord Hastesh now about these cultists.

Katana_Geldar

First Post
Yes, Firete agrees, there seems little more that we can do here. Her eyes travel from where Bairdon is tied up to the upper level where Miranna is standing and then back again down to the dwarf. How are we going to get Bairdon up there?

Fragsie

Explorer
Firete addressed Chey carefully in Eladrin. As much as I hate to admit this, I think he's telling the truth, Chey. Or at least the truth as much as he knows. We aren't going to get anymore out of him. At least we will have proof to give to Lord Hastesh now about these cultists.

"Indeed, it is just as well really. If the cult is well and truly crushed then we can return to Daunton with our lives intact and not an ogre-mage in sight!" She replies in Eladrin, relief obvious in her tone.

"Shall we head back to town then?"

"That certainly seems the prudent course of action. Bairdon can climb up himself, with half of us down here and the other half waiting up there to retie his bonds." Chey gives the dwarf a little shove with her boot; "Get up!"

Remove ads