The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Transparency]Yeah, this is sort of the wrap-up part. I just want to make sure Hashteth doesn't leave any of you with unanswered questions before he shoos you out the door.[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
[sblock=Maybe a question] I would like to know about the bard who owned the bar, unless you just had her exit stage left. If there is plot there, I'll ask[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]She was just there to dispense background elements such as the history of the keep and Laith's disappearance. I don't remember what made me decide for her to not be there when you showed up- no wait, I do. At some point one of the townsfolk mentioned that hearing her sing was something of a rarity, and asked what of the party members to therefore shut up if they would be so kind until she finished her song. So I decided to show this by having her not always be at the inn.

So, nothing sinister.[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Well, if that's it I'm ready to wrap up, make parting speeches etc to what was a great campaign where I learned quite a bit. Confrats to TwoHeads for taking over from Ukin! :D[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
[sblock]
Agreed I'm ready for the parting and what not. Nothing in particular to ask about. Great game though.
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Ah, but I'm sure you are all eager to return to your homeland. It must feel like it's been a long time since you first arrived in our nation." The courier returns, carrying a small ornate chest, and presents it before Lord Hashteth. "I understand that the army promised you a hundred gold a piece to investigate the troubles of my town. Rather than delay you with dealing with our bureaucracy, I shall pay you your reward myself, and have the army reimburse me. After all, I am hardly going anywhere. In addition, you have done far more than was expected of you, and it seems unfair to not admit this. As such, you may find that your payment is substantially more than expected." Lord Hashteth opens the chest and hands each of you one of the decorative purses contained within. They have a reassuring heft. "And with that, I believe our business is concluded. I'm afraid you will have to make your way back to the army's camp if you wish to return to your lands; our town does not have the means for teleportation. Fortunately, some brave souls have recently stopped our kobald bandit problems," he smiles knowingly, "so the roads should be clear. Safe travels, my friends." With that he dismisses you, although not unkindly.

When you choose to make you way back to the military camp, you will find that Lord Hashteth was correct regarding the newly improved state of the roads. The camp's attending arcanist will politely teleport you back to the embassy in Daunton, and from there you can return to the Hanged Man and seek further adventure.

[sblock=Rewards]XP:
The final fight was worth 2x(1365/5) = 546 xp
Sealing the rift was 2x(750/5) = 300 xp
The level four folk get 846 + 145 (time xp), putting them at a total of 4847
xp.
The level three folk get 846 + 127 (time xp), putting them at a total of 3946 xp.

Each purse contains 450 gp. Time gold has been bundled into this and other rewards.

And now *drum roll* you can tell all your friends that you've played through a slightly modified version of Keep on the Shadowfell![/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
[sblock=OOC]You did say you were going to give the details on the jewels and statuary we got before we battled the rift.
Keep on the Shadowfell? Not bad and I have a fair idea who Splug is.[/sblock]

Well, Firete says sadly as they leave the lords' hall, it looks as if we are going to be parting ways here.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
You did say you were going to give the details on the jewels and statuary we got before we battled the rift.

Yup. I covered that here:

In order of appearance, Skald's Chainmail +1, Brooch of Shielding +1, Cloak of Distortion +2, Robe of Eyes +2, and a Healer's Brooch +2. The intended distribution is that Firete gets the Skald's Chainmail and Healer's Brooch, Yishim gets the Robe of Eyes and the Brooch of Shielding, and Chey gets the Cloak of Distortion +2, but you can handle things differently if you'd like. In addition, the monetary treasure, combined with what you found in the hobgoblin barracks, comes to 3000 gp.
[/sblock]

Remove ads