The Jade Frontier, part 2 (DM: THB, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Who needs to do something for this ball to roll onward?

Mea culpa. I couldn't connect to enworld for the past few days and had a friend leaving the state.[/sblock]

Takeshi bows his head in response, "I believe we are leaving." The ghostly girl, apparently having caught whatever she was chasing, walks over to Chey and holds out her hands, offering her prize. A spectral weasel jumps from Izumi's hands and into Chey's. The girl runs back to her family, and an instant later they disappear.

You travel back to Maoleth without being beset by anything worse than mildly unpleasant weather. When you arrive at the gate, the guards' eyes widen at the states of your... traveling companions.

"It's you!" one of the guards exclaims. "I'll send a messenger to Lord Hashteth immediately." He turns to the other guard and jerks his head towards the gate. The man reaches the doors just as they open from the inside, revealing Lord Hashteth, armored and surrounded by a retinue of armed guards. Lord Hashteth smiles slightly, "I don't believe a courier will be necessary." His smile vanishes and his eyes narrow to angry slits when he sees your prisoner, "However, an explanation will be required. Come with me back to my home, and tell me what you have encountered." He turns away, and the guards part, allowing passage for both him and all of you.

[sblock=Insight 15]While Lord Hashteth is certainly angry, his anger is not directed at any of you.[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
What is that you are holding, Chey? Firete asks.

She walks with the others back to the city.

[sblock=Insight] 1d20+4=8 Ugh, that didn't work out.
As for getting on enworld no one could and it looks as if they'll have some more downtime after Gen Con[/sblock]

Firete bows forally at the sight of Lord Hashtesh. Please, lead the way.

pathfinderq1

First Post
[sblock= OOC Upcoming absence]
Just some advance warning- I will be traveling from early morning on the 6th until late on the 9th. I expect to have no net access, and will not have any gaming materials. I will also probably be slow to reply before that as I prepare for the trip. [/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar does a slight bow at Lord Hashtesh and then follows behind him as he leaves. He whispers to the others, "Don't worry we don't seem to be the ones that caused his anger."
[sblock=Insight]
Passive insight gets it for me
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Lord Hashteth and his retinue lead you back to his estate. He doesn't address you again until you reach his audience chamber, at which point he turns to the group. "So, what did you discover? Who is the girl, and why is Bairdon bound and looking very much like he would like the earth to swallow him whole?"

Yishim bows, somewhat clumsily. A strange story, my Lord. In the bowels of an abandoned keep, we found a vile conspiracy of evil attempting to unleash a powerful demon, Zal'Ekthees. This dead necromancer raised an army of undead to support him. Yishim nods at the body of the Acolyte.

He nearly succeeded, but we were able to strengthen the seal which holds the rift between our worlds closed. Bairdon was their contact in Maoleth. He killed Elder Laith. We brought him back to you in case you had any questions before pronouncing judgement.

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I am stewarding a local festival this weekend so won't be about until late monday (with a huge hangover from the stewards after-party! feel free to NPC skill rolls and such[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats:Cheysuli Sage]
Tiefling Warlock (Fey) 4
Character Sheet,
Initiative: +3
Senses: Low-light
P-Perception: 15 P-Insight: 18
HP: 41/41 SurgeValue: 10 Surges: 8/8
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:18 Will:19

Action Points: 1
Resist: Fire 7
Speed: 6
Languages: Allarian, Eladrin

:branged: Eldritch Blast +7 vs. Reflex; 1d10 + 5 damage
:bmelee: Spear +4 vs. AC; 1d8 + 0 damage

Combat Notes

Bloodhunt - +1 to attacks vs. Bloodied foes.
Misty Step - Immediately teleport 5 squares as a free action when cursed target is reduced to 0 HP
Prime Shot - +1 attack if no allies are closer to the target.
Shadow Walk - Chey gains concealment if she moves at least 3 squares from where she started (enemies take a -2 penalty to attack rolls).
Viscious Rod - +1d10 on a crit [Implement]; Curse damage = d8's
Cloak of Distortion - a ranged attack from more than 5 squares away takes a -5 penalty to the attack roll.

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics +9
Arcana +10
Athletics +6
Bluff +15
Diplomacy +8
Dungeoneering +5
Endurance +6
Heal +5
History +7
Insight +8
Intimidate +11
Nature +6
Perception +5
Religion +7
Stealth +9
Streetwise +8
Thievery +5
[/sblock][sblock=Powers]
Warlock's Curse
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite

Infernal Wrath
Witchfire
Otherwind Stride
Ethereal Stride
Second Wind

Curse of the Dark Dream

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Katana_Geldar

First Post
OOC: Nice explaination, but remember Lord Hashtesh does not know who we are.

Firete anxiously introduces herself and Yishim, giving a hasty explaination of how they joined the others. "When we heard there was a spy in town, we took advantage of the fact that Yishim and I were not known here to attempt to discover them. I wish I could say our efforts were successful." She shook our head and continued. "The fact remains, milord, that the rift is still down there. Though we have managed to prevent any immediate threat, who is to stay that other will not come along and make another attempt."

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Lord Hashteth narrows his eyes at Bairdon, "This is how you repay my hospitality, foreigner? This is how you treat those who welcomed you as friend and neighbor? With murder and subterfuge? Take him away." He watches as Bairdon is roughly dragged from the room. "How fortunate we are that there are people like you to undo the works of people like him. I am humbled by the trials you have gone through to defend a home that wasn't yours. Such efforts should not go unrewarded." He gestures with his claw to a nearby courier, and the man quietly leaves the room. Lord Hashteth continues, "Please, do not despair over the continued existence of the rift. I doubt that even our greatest ritualists could seal it permanently. I will request that a garrison of troops be provided to defend the keep from those who would use it against this land, and I will send a number of my guards to secure it for the short term. Now," his features soften slightly, "while we wait for your payment, is there anything else you'd like to ask me?"

Remove ads