The Kobold's Captive (ozymandias79 judging)

SeaPainter

First Post
Trevor walks to the door and open it. He stares a moment at the man standing in front of him. He looks aver his shoulder, and as no one seems to oppose it, he let the man enter. "Looks like you are at the right place. And a wizard would be welcome... I suppose you are at your equipment."
"Thank you, Good Sir", Cross responds to trevor with a nod. He steps across the threshhold, and glances around the room looking over those assembled there. "I am known as Cross, and I do indeed wield arcane forces. The strength of my eldritch fire is yours, if you'll allow one such as myself to join your company." With that he sweeps the wide-brimmed hat from his head, revealing his demonic features to the group.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''You are most welcome in our company, wizard! I am not fooled by mere horns, I know your offer is sincere. We are united in purpose!''

Hadrak gets up with difficulty, using his hammer as a cane, and walks over to the new comer to extend his hand in friendship.

[sblock]With +10 to insight, I claim the right to look over charcter sheets and ascertain that cross is Good aligned. lol[/sblock]

SeaPainter

First Post
-''You are most welcome in our company, wizard! I am not fooled by mere horns, I know your offer is sincere. We are united in purpose!''

Hadrak gets up with difficulty, using his hammer as a cane, and walks over to the new comer to extend his hand in friendship.
A brief (& relieved) grin passes over his face, before Cross replaces his hat (in a less concealing manner) and clasps hands with the dwarf...

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Are there any other cluesss, M'Lord?" asks Skalisss in his distinctive hissing voice. "Think carefully, did you sssee anything odd when they killed the othersss yet took her? Any insight would aid usss."

Diplomacy 1d20+4=13

Wilment cover's his face with his hands if deep in thought.

"I don't remember, I mean"

Cassandra steps into the room, and interupts "Please, let my husband rest. Just find my daughter, Every minute you wait she's out there scared. Please bring her back to me."

Wilment speaks up again, "I can give you directions to the caves please make hast."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Does Hadrak feel something off about the parent's grief?

insight (1d20+10=26)

Otherwise, he is all for leaving at once since it is obvious we are not going to get much useful info beside the location of the cave from them.

They haven't talked about reward but a more mercenary PC than Hadrak will have to ask about that because it isn't on his mind.[/sblock]

-"Then by all means, let us be gone at once." Hadrak says. He secures his backpack and walks out of the door.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock=OOC]
Does Hadrak feel something off about the parent's grief?

insight (1d20+10=26)

Otherwise, he is all for leaving at once since it is obvious we are not going to get much useful info beside the location of the cave from them.

They haven't talked about reward but a more mercenary PC than Hadrak will have to ask about that because it isn't on his mind.[/sblock]

-"Then by all means, let us be gone at once." Hadrak says. He secures his backpack and walks out of the door.
[sblock="OOC to Hadrak"]Yes, you definattly notice that there is something not quite about Wilment, and that he's hiding something. [/sblock]

"We came back from the north coming through these lands here" Wilment proceeds to draw you a map of how they came back from the caves showing crudely how to get back there.

"This is a hilly region, will trees and a small stream flowing down the middle" Pointing to the indicated area on the map. "The kobolds are in a cave on one side of the stream the goblins in another."

"It should take you about 2 days to travel to the caves, we will be waiting on your arrival 4 days from now, there will be 500gp awaiting you should you bring my daughter back alive."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC to DM]Something off from Wilment but not the mother? That would mean, as far as I can tell, there really is a missing daughter but there is something more that Wilment isn't sharing?

The following is based on that assumption.
[/sblock]

Hadrak nods in agreement and leave the building

[sblock]This occurs after the party is underway, so anyone who has more to say to Wilment before leaving should not take this into account until after he has left.[/sblock]

As the groups gets underway, Hadrak shares his suspicions with his comrades.

-"There is something wrong with the father. He might just be trying real hard to hold it together but I think he might be hiding something. Remember how he first talked of 'property' back at the inn before it became clear we were talking about his daughter? It's hard to imagine he is sincerely grieving like the mother is. He just seems shady all around. Yet he didn't ask for anything more than the return of Tilla so it can't be about anything else."

The dwarf scratch his prematurely grayed beard thoughtfully.

-"I don't like it, it ain't natural. The poor kid has to be freed if at all possible but... I have to wonder if her father has her best interest at heart. I mean, imagine he is some wack job who had sold little Tilla in advance for ten times what he promised us... Sold her to some crazy cult who needs to sacrifice a virgin born on the last day of spring or some such non-sense. I mean, I know it sounds farfetched and I hate suggesting such horrible things about a father... but I just don't like his behaviour. That's not how the normal father of a missing child behaves!"

Last edited:

JRYoung

First Post
-"There is something wrong with the father. He might just be trying real hard to hold it together but I think he might be hiding something. Remember how he first talked of 'property' back at the inn before it became clear we were talking about his daughter? It's hard to imagine he is sincerely grieving like the mother is. He just seems shady all around. Yet he didn't ask for anything more than the return of Tilla so it can't be about anything else."

The dwarf scratch his prematurely grayed beard thoughtfully.

-"I don't like it, it ain't natural. The poor kid has to be freed if at all possible but... I have to wonder if her father has her best interest at heart. I mean, imagine he is some wack job who had sold little Tilla in advance for ten times what he promised us... Sold her to some crazy cult who needs to sacrifice a virgin born on the last day of spring or some such non-sense. I mean, I know it sounds farfetched and I hate suggesting such horrible things about a father... but I just don't like his behaviour. That's not how the normal father of a missing child behaves!"

"But he could be hiding sssomething else all together, there is no way to know for sssure. Either way we ssshould probably sssecure the girl asss quickly as possssible, agreed Hadrak?" Counters Skalisss.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"But he could be hiding sssomething else all together, there is no way to know for sssure. Either way we ssshould probably sssecure the girl asss quickly as possssible, agreed Hadrak?" Counters Skalisss.

-''Oh, that's for sure. The girl comes first. And who knows, she might provide another piece of the puzzle."

Last edited:

Remove ads