• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter I

Majin

First Post
Seeing Mosslime lunge up from the ground the dwarf turns quickly to defend himself, a look of surprise on his face. Mosslime rakes his claws across the dwarf's armor, unfortunately not being able to penetrate his studded leather. "Damned lizards!" you hear him mutter.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"That's bad..." say Sielwoodan while he takes an arrow in his quiver. He aim fast at one of the guard who have not been entangle and shoot at him.

Majin

First Post
Sielwoodan's shot sails true and strikes the one guard besides the dwarf that was not entangled by the vines. (7 damage) As the arrow buries itself in the man's side he lets out a shocked gasp before tumbling to the ground amidst the still groping vines, never to escape...

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Andreas knocks an arrow to his bow and steps out into full view of the dwarf and guards.

"Stay where you are, or I'll happily fletch your throats!" He shouts loudly. "First man who touches the priest dies where he stands."

If the dwarf and his guards make no further hostile move, Andreas holds his action, letting the others deal with them in whatever way they see fit. However, he'll follow through on his words if anyone attacks his companions.

(Untrained Intimidate check, +3)

Verbatim

Explorer
As his words fell upon deaf ears, Ayden could almost feel the axe racing upon down upon him when Mosslime leapt from the weeds and startled the dwarvish captain.

~I will have to thank him as soon as I can...~

Turning back to face the other warriors, he saw the vines on either side of the trail reaching out to trap several of the guards in their embrace.

~Surely these men will see the futility of their actions...~

As if the weeds were not enough of a shocker to Ayden's mind, the arrow that seemed to appear from nowhere deep in the one free guard's throat snapped him into action.

Stepping out beside Andreas, Ayden called out once more to the dwarf and his entrapped guards.

"Surrender and you will be taken back to face a fair trial by the Council. Pursue this aggression and my friends and I will be forced to drop you all where you stand."

OOC: Sorry for posting out of turn, but with the boards acting all wonky, figured I should post when/where I can..

hippocrachus

First Post
Seeing Ayden's failed attempt at reasoning with the Dwarf and the guards, Calenthang charges out to meet them in the one thing he knows he's good at. Calenthang will attack the dwarven leader or whoever stands to oppose him on his next round. Mielikki bring justice to the Enemies of Nature!

(OOC: Forgot to take a certain matter of distances into account ;) )

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
OOC: Taking a move for Caelbryn in order to move combat along. (One I figure he'd take anyway ;) )

Caelbryn moves up to get a better shot with his bow and fires an arrow at the dwarf captain, scoring a hit in the dwarve's arm. (3 damage) The dwarf growls angrily and the wound only seems to spur him on. All the while Calenthang is moving up, attempting to get into position to attack. To get away from the grasping vines the dwarf captain pushes past Mosslime, allowing the Saurial to strike back as he moves. The dwarf though, blocks the blows expertly as he gets into position to retaliate. He swings his waraxe at Moss with a warrior's fury, but winces at the pain in his arm as he brings it down, and the blade is harmlessly repelled by the Saurial's tough armored skin. The rest of the guards struggle to free themselves from Drogo's spell but are unable to break free.

Finally, at Ayden & Andreas' words the 5 guards that are trapped no longer seem to have any fight left. Whether the futility of winning, or the futility of breaking free from the vines have made them lose their spirit is not clear, but the dwarf merely snarls and spits in Ayden's direction as he snaps the arrow from his arm and readies to strike at Moss once more.

Initiative:

Drogo - 20
Mosslime - 16
Sielwoodan - 16
Caelbryn - 14
Calenthang - 13
Dwarf Leader - 12
Andreas - 10
(5) Guards - 9 *Trapped*
Ayden - 8

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

Drogo whistles for Rex to come join him. He slips his shield off his back and onto his left arm as he talks to the dwarf. "See reason! You are now fighting alone against overwhelming odds. Cease your aggressions; we mean you no harm."

Majin

First Post
The dwarf looks back and forth between his opponents and then further behind them at the others still approaching. Looking then out of the corner of his eye at his companions barely fighting to escape their confinement he growls again, but drops his weapon. "Lazy bunch of...." he sighs.

OOC: New chapter guys! Congrats!

Chapter II
OOC II

Last edited:

Remove ads