• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter I

Majin

First Post
From what you can make out the dwarf is going over situation reports with the other guards. You manage to overhear the words "lizardfolk" and "attacked" but thats all from this distance. (About 100 feet)

Verbatim

Explorer
Nodding in agreement with both Drogo and Andreas' words, Ayden begins taking off his pack.

"If none object, I will approach them, as of all of you, I know I must seem the most harmless. However, until we know to whom their loyalties belong, I would recommend that we try to keep Moss as hidden as possible from their sight."

Reaching into his pack, Ayden pulled his spare shirt out and tied it to the end of his staff.

"Hopefully we will have better luck with our banner than the Broken Axe clan did with theirs."

Moving quickly before the others could talk him out of his plan, Ayden looked back only once to see if any followed him.

At about the 50' mark, Ayden called out to the dwarf and his men waving his "flag" as he did.

"Hello...hello...is there any I could speak to about water and directions?"

While his words were calm and cheerful, Ayden could feel his stomach threatening to revolt at any moment.

Majin

First Post
The dwarf turns an irritated glance towards Ayden's way, motions for the 6 others to follow him and approaches Ayden. He draws a waraxe and stops 10 feet from the cleric. "State your business boy!" he bellows. "Did the cowled woman send ye or are ye from town?"

Verbatim

Explorer
Looking down to the waraxe in the dwarf's hands and then back into the eyes of the dwarf himself, Ayden's throat turns to dust in an instant.

~Uncle, I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew...~

"Actually, my companions and I are from Daggerdale, and to be honest, we are a bit lost. We have been collecting samples of the wildlife of the swamp, and in the process have gotten quite lost. Would you mind telling us how far off track we are?"

OOC: Diplomacy check, as Ayden is doing his best to look as non threatening as possible. Especially with the business end of an axe near him..:)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Mosslime: Finhead Saurial/Male

Mosslime simply disappears when it’s suggested he does so. His thick hide protects him as he drops down low upon all fours and slinks through the local shrubbery.

Majin

First Post
"Yer goin' in entirely the wrong direction if Daggerdale be where yer headin'," the dwarf says suspiciously. His grip tightens on his axe as he notices Drogo's approach and most of the others hiding close by. "My employers warned me to watch out for folk snoopin' around 'ere. Our work is too important to them they say. We cannot allow you to leave here alive."

Initiative:

Drogo - 20
Mosslime - 16
Sielwoodan - 16
Caelbryn - 14
Calenthang - 13
Dwarf Leader - 12
Andreas - 10
(6) Guards - 9
Ayden - 8

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

Seeing their hostility, Drogo decides prompt action is needed. Flipping his spear to his left hand, he swings his missletoe in his right, calling the floral spirits to rise up and do his bidding, to bind his foes, but not his friends.

OOC: Cast entangle, attempting to get all the armed opponents, and none of his team.

Majin

First Post
Vines burst forth from the ground and entwine themselves around 5 of the guards. The remaining guard and the dwarf captain are able to fend the twisting plants off for the time being and begin to converge on Ayden.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Mosslime: Finhead Saurial/Male

Since Mosslime had long ago learned to study body language he realize how sour the diplomacy had gone almost before anyone else and he leaps from his bushes hoping only to protect his friend.

OOC: Both claw attacks at the Dwarven fighter.

Remove ads