• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter I

Velmont

First Post
"Evil? It could have been some villager who wanted some revenge on those lizarmen and hide the corpses there. The lizardmen may are hostile because they are searching for them and blame the villagers. Just wait a second before starting to talk of a cult of Cyric or Bane trying to mess with the region please, we have not eough information yet." reply Sielwoodan to Calenthang.

hippocrachus

First Post
Calnethang laughs. "Aye, Sielwoodan! And I do not suspect any cult of the chaotic, but if there are villagers that can kill half a dozen lizardmen, hide their bodies, and not be found out, then maybe we should ask them to come along with us on our next journeys," he says smiling. "If we choose to journey together again," he adds, hinting at a question.

Verbatim

Explorer
Dusting his hands off his breeches, Ayden shakes his head in disgust as he stands from beside the bodies.

"This flag is white, meaning that these four who marched under it came under the banner of peace. Any who would attack those under this condition shall be given no quarter by my hand when we find them."

Gathering the daggers and darts, Ayden wondered if they belonged to the Broken Axe tribe to be given as a small gift from one community to the next.

"If none mind, I will hold onto these until we reach the lizard folk's camp and see if they know to whom these blades belong."

Seeing that there is nothing else of interest in the mill, Ayden stands over the bodies and offers them a prayer of passing before he steps outside.

"May the sun always smile upon your souls as you dwell in Finder's peaceful fields..."

Majin

First Post
The hum of insects punctuated with the high-pitched whine of the ubiquitous mosquitoes is distracting. Flycatchers and swallows swoop constantly between the hanging cypresses and willows, catching the plump insects on the wing. Some water buffaloes munch thoughtfully on water lily bulbs, small deer no higher than your knee bend theirs to drink at the water's edge, and crocodiles bask lazily soaking up the sun. In spite of the abundant wildlife, you are most preoccupied by the large gray-striped mosquitoes that have started to buzz around you, constantly alight on any exposed piece of flesh, drinking deeply from your blood.

Two trails lead off into the swamp proper, one north, the other east. To the west a little ways from the edge of the swamp there is a path that leads to the crest of a hill. From there it would be possible to view a great deal of the perimeter of the swamp from one location.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
"That seems like a most sound idea." Andreas agrees with Drogo, irritably swatting at the mosquitos swarming around him, the gesture doing little to discourage them from feasting on his blood. None the less, he smiles at the sight of the wildlife surrounding the group.

"You could have many a fine day's hunting in these swamps, if the mosquito repellent works. The deer are most interesting specimens, and I dare say the water buffalo make for a tasty roast." He drums his fingers idly on his quiver of arrows, a sportsman's glee in his eyes.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Mosslime: Finhead Saurial/Male

Mosslime nods his head repeatedly yes when they mention the mosquito repellent while he swings his hands back in fourth trying to discourage the mosquitoes in general.

Velmont

First Post
"It is a good idea to climb the hill, but do we want to be spot miles away? I know we prefer a peacefull end to this story, but if the lizards are hostile, I am not sure we want to let them prepare an ambush. I suggest only one or two climb, so we will be more hard to spot, and preferably, someones who know how to hide well."

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang starts to apply his mosquito balm. "You and Drogo should go scout out the perimeter, being the two most nature-competent," he says to Sielwoodan. "I think it best if the rest of us stay here until you get back and we have a stronger bearing on our surroundings."

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"I am a bit reluctant to split the party. If there are lizardmen on the hill, then what would we do, but return for the rest of the party, for we are unable to communicate with them. If there are no lizardmen on the hill, then there would be no reason for us all not to go. Let us go openly, and hope that if there, they will confront us and parley.

Remove ads