• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter I

Verbatim

Explorer
Smiling in spite of himself, Ayden nods his head in thanks of Calenthang's attempt to keep his spirits light.

"Many thanks Calenthang, and I do hope he will return here soon."

Velmont

First Post
A few minutes later, Sielwoodan appears between two trees.

"That swamp is heavily populated, but not by lizards." He continnu by explaining what he have seens. After he has finished, he walk to Felmir, and give him a root he have found on his way back.

Jarval

Explorer
"Well that is interesting..." Andreas remarks sourly. "After the Mayor assured us of no industrial activities in the swamp, to find an encampment like that does not put much stock in favour of his honesty. Unless his is entirely unaware of the dam building, which seems unlikely at best. After all, where other than the town would benefit from this dam?

"So, what now? Do we press on into the swamp to speak with the lizardfolk, or do we return to the town and confront the Mayor with what we have found? I favour the latter course of action myself."

Verbatim

Explorer
Frowning with the news of the encampments, a part of Ayden wishes to go back into the town to speak to the council, but without full proof of any wrongdoing, it would be mere speculation from their side.

~Although, if we could bring them here with us, perhaps it would lend strength to our arguements...~

"While I do think it wise to bring the council abreast of the situation, I also think we should learn all we can about the camp before we go back."

Jarval

Explorer
Andreas looks puzzled at Ayden's words.

"Why? What more evidence do we need? We can see they're building a dam. If the Mayor knew of this construction, he lied to us and put his own people in danger. And if he didn't know of it, then perhaps we can return with him and the Council to prove our words. Either way, I see little need to stay in this god-forsaken mosquito infested swamp."

Verbatim

Explorer
Feeling foolish for his own curiousity, Ayden knows that the sorcerer is correct in that returning to the town would be the smartest thing to do.

"Aye Andreas, you are correct, and I know it is nothing more than my own desire to see those who are causing the trouble first hand. The smart thing would be to return to town and bring the council here with us."

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

"OK, good luck, Sielwoodan." To the others: "Despite being a halfling, I no expert at sneaking around. Let us prepare ourselves, in case Sielwoodan needs us quickly."

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang laughs after actually considering the conversation taking place. "I think we should confront the people at the dam before we do anything. I had my suspiscions of the coucil members myself, but I'm sure they could all easily cover up this whole afair," he pipes in, forgetting to mention the Mayor's haste when mentioning industrial work in the swamp. "No, I think it is most important that we learn more about this dam before we get all sorts of politics mixed in. We have enough trouble," he says, trying his hardest not to sound too demanding, but making it evident that, after he went to all the trouble of rubbing this slimey stuff all over himself, he was going to see the day through in the swamp.

hippocrachus

First Post
Amused by his friend's trite manner, Calenthang follows suit and keeps his plans short. "Well, I think we should go over to the dam's worksite," he says smiling as if it all made sense.

Remove ads