• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter IV

kirinke

First Post
Teleri curses, eyes momentarily blinded by the bright light. As her eyes clear, she sees a very large, snake-like creature looming before her.

Yea gods, Sehahine preserve us! I will not be dominated again! Teleri thinks viscously, eyes watering as she gets used to the bright light. "I am really starting to develope a major dislike of snakes right now," she comments, drawing out sword and dagger, eyeing the naga with strong disfavor.

OC:
Teleri will use her sword and dagger while close and switch to her longbow when her eyes fully clear and she has a decent shot.

Last edited:

Dhes

Explorer
Dunstand lets out a wild scream as the world turns black in front of his eyes.
Drowsily he clutches his dagger to his chest as if it’s the last hand hold on the world.
Not knowing the situation of the rest of the group he try’s his best to focus on any sound, in an attempt to drown out the screeching voice in his head.

Seonaid

Explorer
As the group continues on, Chastity carries her broadsword easily, prepared to use it if necessary. She just starts to look around the new room when the bright lights appear. At the words of the naga, she hisses in righteous anger. She blinks away the colors and shapes and charges at the snake creature. "By Torm's hand, you will harm no one any longer!" she shouts as she moves.

Jarval

Explorer
Two bright bolts of magic fly past Chastity and into the water, headed for the naga.

"Kill it Chastity, kill it!" Andreas shouts, preparing to cast another spell.

Majin

First Post
OoC: As still no word from Verbatim I will take control of his character until further notice. Instead of fully taking him away from the party until his return I feel the party really needs a dedicated healer right now, and he was elected party leader as well. Since I have heard nothing from him over e-mail either I assume whatever troubles he is having in RL at the moment are too great to even check his e-mail. Either way, Ayden will be waiting for him upon his return, and function pretty much as party healer/buffer until that time. (For this round - I'll have Ayden ready an action in order to heal the person in greatest danger of dying by the end of the round.)

Chastity: Did you ever level to level 3 paladin? I noticed on your sheet it still says 2...

IC: (All characters that were stunned have dropped whatever they were holding into the water and can take no action until they are unstunned)

Calenthang sputters incoherantly while Teleri tries to will her body into action, but it will not obey her. She spends the round frightened, thinking she is yet again under a domination spell. Chastity, unaffected by the naga's spell rushes towards the shape swimming through the water and slices into it. (9 damage) Drogo, also unaffected, takes the time to summon an ally into existance. Tyrinth coils her head around and bites at Chastity's leg, (11 damage) The young paladin feels woozy for a moment after the bite, but is able to shake off the sensation. The naga's attention is diverted as two bolts of magical energy explode against her flank. (5 damage) She turns around, raising her head out of the water, and smiles wickedly at Andreas.
At this time Ayden rushes to Chastity's side and cures her wounds. (10 points healed - substitute Summon Monster I)

Initiative:

Ayden - 19
Calenthang - 17 - Blinded & Stunned (1 round) then Stunned (1 round)
Teleri - 16 - Stunned (1 round)
Chastity - 14
Dunstand - 11 - Blinded & Stunned (1 round) then Stunned (1 round)
Sielwoodan - 10 - Blinded & Stunned (1 round) then Stunned (1 round)
Drogo - 6
Tyrinth - 5
Andreas - 3

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Teleri curses roundly and inventively. "Mucking filthy, scum-ridden demon-reeking snakes! LEMME GO!" she shouts, unsure if her voice even works as she tries to make her body obey. "LEMME GO! BLAST IT!"

OC
Had to keep it clean for erik's grandma, but considering what's happened to her, 'cussing' is not out of character.... When Teleri regains the use of her body, she'll grab up whatever weapons she can and do her thing. With exceedingly excessive and unhappy force. ;)

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Drogo

Too short to effectively use his sling or spear, Drogo decides he must rely on spells. Having commanded the porpoise to attack the naga, he begins the prayer again, this time delving deeper into his reserves of power, to summon a crocodile.

OOC: Drop Flaming sphere to spontaneously cast Summon Nature's Ally II, a Crocodile.

Remove ads